Have the "Sabai Group" of Hotels sold up?

Butch

Just looking at a few Hotel websites for Pattaya and decided to nose around the Sabai group site.

Gone are the Empress and Wing from the front page, only the Lodge and a new one called the "Sabala Sabana - opening soon" with no active link.

Shame if they have, as the Wing was my default hotel for many years, I liked the option of the different pools and also the full size snooker tables downstairs, great service from the room staff. The rooms were slightly dated but overall decent value for money, and for around 1200 baht a night for a deluxe room, the location was very good as well.

I never stayed at the Empress but I was seriously considering it as an option for a while. Given the state of Pattaya at the moment, it would come as no surprise if they had gone belly up, or at least sold off some assets just to keep afloat.

Just also checked out the LK Group website, while it is new and faster than before, there's no working link for booking, but in truth I always emailed them directly anyway.

On 11/17/2021 at 2:56 PM, boydeste said:

I have stayed at Sabai Lodge a few times.

One would imagine that most hotels have closed down, whether for good or until tourism picks back up.

I do like the whole group, the pools were all absolutely brilliant, plus they served as a convenient cut through to get to the "Belgian embassy" (Welkomm Inn) back in the day!.

I always found the Wing to be the better of the two, but another company built another Hotel next door which, as I understand it, cut out a chunk of the sunlight to the pool area.

Hope they do re open, they're a great option and offer good vfm.

Edited by Butch

1 minute ago, Butch said:

I do like the whole group, the pools were all absolutely brilliant, plus they served as a convenient cut through to get to the "Belgian embassy" (Welkomm Inn) back in the day!.

I always found the Wing to be the better of the two, but another company built another Hotel next door which, as I understand it, cut out a chunk of the sunlight to the pool area.

Hope they do re open, they're a great option and offer good vfm.

I did have a problem with my credit card after using it there to pay for my room.

Coincidence I think not!

• Surprised 1