The Ashes 2021/22

coxyhog

12 hours ago, galenkia said:

Woakes not great away from home in tests either.

No batters and depleted bowling, well looks like McGrath will be calling his customary 5-0 result then.🤣

There's nothing like being optimistic😂....but I haven't got much hope either.

Just to underline it the first day of their last warm up game has been washed out.

But there is a glimmer of hope....https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/59473412

....it might only be 4-0😂

Edited by coxyhog
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, coxyhog said:

There's nothing like being optimistic😂....but I haven't got much hope either.

Just to underline it the first day of their last warm up game has been washed out.

But there is a glimmer of hope....https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/59473412

....it might only be 4-0😂

Better still, hopefully Australia will go into Covid lockdown and shut the country and cancel the series to save us from the misery. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

England 12 for the 1st test:

Joe Root (c), Stuart Broad, Rory Burns, Jos Buttler (wkt), Haseeb Hameed, Jack Leach, Dawid Malan, Ollie Pope, Ollie Robinson, Ben Stokes, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood

Good luck lads....don't roll over

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Starshine said:

Good luck lads....don't roll over

I just hope the Ollies come to the fore & Root,Buttler & Stokes find some batting form.

Starts at midnight here & I added BT Sport to my Sky package recently so all I have to do now is stay awake.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

I just hope the Ollies come to the fore & Root,Buttler & Stokes find some batting form.

Starts at midnight here & I added BT Sport to my Sky package recently so all I have to do now is stay awake.

Yep some late nights and early mornings ahead...pot noodles and irn bru all ready

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Just realised it's on BT ..... bunch of cunts 

I already had Sky Sports so rang them & got a deal for Sky & BT Sports & my home phone line & internet(previously TalkTalk who are shite) for cheaper than I was paying before.Told them if they couldn't give me a decent deal I'd go to BT.

Having said that I'm on the last drops of a bottle of red now & there's four hours to go before the first ball is bowled....

Edited by coxyhog
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Just realised it's on BT ..... bunch of cunts 

Think it's streaming free on B365 if you have an account with some cash on it, not the same as TV appreciate that.

Read in today's Times that BT are using Fox Sports commentary, except for the sessions where Michael Vaughn is involved😀

Couldn't stand Vaughn as a commentator even before the latest "events", rent a quote always trying to get himself in the headlines taking cheap shots.

• Like 1

Root won the toss & England batting.

No Anderson or Broad so the bowling looks a bit lightweight.

Australia XI: Warner, Harris, Labuschagne, Smith, Head, Green, Carey (wk), Cummins (c), Starc, Lyon, Hazlewood.

England XI: Burns, Hameed, Malan, Root (c), Stokes, Pope, Buttler (wk), Woakes, Robinson, Wood, Leach.

Edited by coxyhog

Joe Root gone for a duck!

England are in almighty trouble at the Gabba, with England captain Joe Root now trudging back to the sheds for a duck.

26610759a9eea14be2ddb1a56e1f2baac81bf7ff

Hazlewood celebrates the wicket of Joe Root

Josh Hazlewood has his second wicket from three overs and Australia are rife with confidence. Root had to play at a ball that would have hit the top of off stump. The ball catches the outside of his bat and flies to David Warner at first slip, who takes a comfortable catch.

Ben Stokes is the new man at the crease and lets his first delivery outside the off stump go through to the keeper.

England 3-11 after six overs. 

Drinks are served at the Gabba with England 3-24

Australia couldn’t have asked for a much better start to the series.

Hazlewood has been the pick of the bowlers with 2-2 from four overs, while Starc’s first ball wicket to Rory Burns will go down in Ashes folklore. 

c6102a8b0a84501223b14034e5ea70ff86e61432

Starc celebrates removing Rory Burns for a golden duck on the first ball of the Ashes series

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/ashes-2021-22-first-test-live-updates-broad-set-to-be-left-out-of-england-xi-20211207-p59fiu.html

Edited by Zeb