Is this Right or Wrong.

cartoonman

I was feeling peckish the other evening and I popped into my Local 'TEXAS CHICKEN' here in Pattaya for a 'WRAP SET' - It said on the MENU that it was 115 Baht..Great !!! I handed the girl 120 Baht...She asked me "Eat Here or Takeaway ". I said "Takeaway ".......She said " 140 BAHT '. My Brain couldn't work out what she was saying !!! I pointed to the MENU and it said 115 BAHT !!! I said " 115 BAHT'... She said " IF I HAVE A TAKEAWAY it`s 25 BAHT EXTRA....".  I have never heard this ever being used in ANY RESTAURANT in all the 28 Years of living here !!!!  Is this NEW ? Are all the Restaurants going to do this ?  I'm amazed !!! What do you think ?   P.S. I grabbed my 115 Baht and walked out.

Edited by cartoonman
  • Like 1

• cartoonman changed the title to Is this Right or Wrong.
8 minutes ago, cartoonman said:

I was feeling peckish the other evening and I popped into my Local 'TEXAS CHICKEN' here in Pattaya for a 'WRAP SET' - It said on the MENU that it was 115 Baht..Great !!! I handed the girl 120 Baht...She asked me "Eat Here or Takeaway ". I said "Takeaway ".......She said " 140 BAHT '. My Brain couldn't work out what she was saying !!! I pointed to the MENU and it said 115 BAHT !!! I said " 115 BAHT'... She said " IF I HAVE A TAKEAWAY it`s 25 BAHT EXTRA....".  I have never heard this ever being used in ANY RESTAURANT in all the 28 Years of living here !!!!  Is this NEW ? Are all the Restaurants going to do this ?  I'm amazed !!! What do you think ?   P.S. I grabbed my 115 Baht and walked out.

Sizzler charges 20 Baht for their takeout box.  I guess to discourage ordering a meal, filling up on the salad bar and taking the meal home.

I noticed at the McDonalds here they charge 40 Baht for delivery but the cheeseburgers my kids like are 5 Baht more each online compared to the menu in the restaurant.  They don't charge extra for takeaway though at the restaurant.

• Thumbs Up 1

Seaside on Soi Pothole was always the same price. Their chips are only second to Mr Egg's but haven't been there for a few years.

I am damn sure that Cheap Charlies charged extra for takeaway but would have no problem if somebody said that I was talking bollocks. However, from personal experience, things like bread are missing in the takeaway option.

EDIT = A specific example is "Beef Stew with crusty bread" . I got home and discovered just a carton of stew but no bread!

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Surprised 1