Jump to content

Shall i or shan't i - It does look rather nice imo


Pumpuynarak
 Share

Recommended Posts

Well i've had my Toyota Fortuner for getting on 15 years and i'm really happy with it, it ticks all the boxes and is happy being driven to wifey's Isaan village or Bangers/Patts.

It really is a great car imo and mine is still in fantastic condition (i don't abuse cars) and has been serviced every 6 months here in Thailand.

This new model the GR Sport (in red) has caught my attention and i'm considering going for it as a last throw of the dice but......... the current exchange rate GBP - Baht makes it a very expensive car for what it is circa 43K GBP.

Now what am i gonna do, be sensible or just go for it ? answers on a postcard lol

I attach pics of my current Fort, as you can see its in great nick.

  c3a0dd30ab46c2f9fcfa92a2a30a7bf1b7b53b5d

P1000697 (640x480).jpg

P1000698 (640x480).jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

An economist co-worker of mine used to say, "why do you buy depreciating assets?"

I didn't have an answer for him. I had a brand new BMW at the time.

Must say though, now I only buy cheap used cars -- nice ones -- keep 'em serviced and save a LOT of money that otherwise would be gone.

But..yeah...that new car smell is nice...until it's gone.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ever thought about a CRV? the 4-wheel is more than half a million less than this Fortuner.

Have a testdrive. Never driven a Fortuner, but I cannot imagine it to be a better ride, unless you are off-road.

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

This new model the GR Sport (in red) has caught my attention and i'm considering going for it as a last throw of the dice but......... the current exchange rate GBP - Baht makes it a very expensive car for what it is circa 43K GBP.

  c3a0dd30ab46c2f9fcfa92a2a30a7bf1b7b53b5d

Everywhere you go you will be sexy man mak mak

Edited by bob lt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Bazle said:

If you can afford it, go for it; bugger the exchange rate! 

Ditto from me.

If it isn't going to impact your every day standard of living or leave you short for emergency expenses, then the cost doesn't really matter too much.

We spend all of our working life saving for a rainy day, yours and mine has arrived, so enjoy it whilst you can.

To coin a phrase, no point being the riches man in the cemetery!

  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Well i've had my Toyota Fortuner for getting on 15 years and i'm really happy with it, it ticks all the boxes and is happy being driven to wifey's Isaan village or Bangers/Patts.

It really is a great car imo and mine is still in fantastic condition (i don't abuse cars) and has been serviced every 6 months here in Thailand.

This new model the GR Sport (in red) has caught my attention and i'm considering going for it as a last throw of the dice but......... the current exchange rate GBP - Baht makes it a very expensive car for what it is circa 43K GBP.

Now what am i gonna do, be sensible or just go for it ? answers on a postcard lol

I attach pics of my current Fort, as you can see its in great nick.

  c3a0dd30ab46c2f9fcfa92a2a30a7bf1b7b53b5d

P1000697 (640x480).jpg

P1000698 (640x480).jpg

What is the position with electric vehicles and the availability of charging stations in your part of the world?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

How much longer do you intend to keep driving? Although, perhaps more importantly, how much longer will your hips and legs allow you easy access to your Fortuner?

Until i'm no longer able to mate but who knows when that will be ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, CampariO said:

Ever thought about a CRV? the 4-wheel is more than half a million less than this Fortuner.

Have a testdrive. Never driven a Fortuner, but I cannot imagine it to be a better ride, unless you are off-road.

No doubt Honda's are great cars, i've always been an admirer but i'm just so impressed with my Fort and Toyota in general here in Thailand i'm very reluctant to change, one option i would consider is the Ford Everest as i really like the look of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, boydeste said:

Ditto from me.

If it isn't going to impact your every day standard of living or leave you short for emergency expenses, then the cost doesn't really matter too much.

We spend all of our working life saving for a rainy day, yours and mine has arrived, so enjoy it whilst you can.

To coin a phrase, no point being the riches man in the cemetery!

I appreciate what you're saying but i'm having difficulty in coming to terms with paying 43K for a Toyota Fort. Its not like its a super cool motor that most would aspire to like say an M3, its a Toyota lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Until i'm no longer able to mate but who knows when that will be ? 

 

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Same Same! The reason I don't use Motocye taxis is because I can't get my leg over.!

Hahaha I've just realised that I took that sentence to mean "Until I'm no longer able to shag"!!!!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

No doubt Honda's are great cars, i've always been an admirer but i'm just so impressed with my Fort and Toyota in general here in Thailand i'm very reluctant to change, one option i would consider is the Ford Everest as i really like the look of them.

So, as you won't see your car while driving, buy a CRV and hang some framed Fortuner pictures in your living room. 🙃

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, john luke said:

What is the position with electric vehicles and the availability of charging stations in your part of the world?

 

Good question John, now thats something i have'nt explored. I have'nt got a clue about the availability of charging stations as i've never looked. As for electric vehicles i'm also in the dark but i would imagine all manufacturers will be gearing up for the change over whenever that happens in Thailand. My mate in the UK has a Merc electric and he loves it, goes like stink he says.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I appreciate what you're saying but i'm having difficulty in coming to terms with paying 43K for a Toyota Fort. Its not like its a super cool motor that most would aspire to like say an M3, its a Toyota lol

Why not just rent one whenever you fancy a trip? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/25/2021 at 8:37 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

the current exchange rate GBP - Baht makes it a very expensive car for what it is circa 43K GBP

To put matters in perspective, you should check what you can buy in the UK in the large SUV range for £43K. Things ain't as cheap there nowadays as you may remember them being, lol.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I appreciate what you're saying but i'm having difficulty in coming to terms with paying 43K for a Toyota Fort. Its not like its a super cool motor that most would aspire to like say an M3, its a Toyota lol

Then you have your answer. Keep your current one. 

  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...