Wordle - new online game every day bit of fun

nampla69

It works.

After finding the game’s entire word list, user Crvlwanek then used a script to calculate the frequency of each letter, score each word based on the frequencies of the letter in each word, and on the letter of the frequencies, and then calculate the most optimal starting word.

Wordle 226 3/6

🟩🟨
🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

1 hour ago, fygjam said:

It works.

After finding the game’s entire word list, user Crvlwanek then used a script to calculate the frequency of each letter, score each word based on the frequencies of the letter in each word, and on the letter of the frequencies, and then calculate the most optimal starting word.

Wordle 226 3/6

🟩🟨
🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yup there are several ways of doing it faster and easier but at the end of the day you are still only competing with yourself which is why I personally just like to use my noggin.

I might be crap at it sometimes but I see it as a way of helping keep things like dementia at bay..

• Thumbs Up 2

21 minutes ago, KWA said:

From the article:  The newspaper publisher said the game would initially remain free to play.

It's fun, but it's not something I would pay for.

Difficulty levels could be added whereby some unknown letters are extracted from that day's game and left "in the box".

You could choose a difficulty rating of how many letters are left out of the game..... but when you choose one an "x" appears....

Sunday Times magazine this week had an article on the 10 tribes of World.

1. The Glory Hunter 2. The Plodder 3. The Master Strategist 4. The Team Players 5. The Competitive Couple

6. The Creature of Habit 7. The Cheat 8. The Addict 9. The Saboteur 10. The Hole -in -Oners.

3,250-1 to become a Hole-In-Oner apparently. 

Wordle 227 3/6

🟩🟨🟨
🟩🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩