Cash getting eroded by inflation in the UK.

Butch

7 hours ago, Stillearly said:

That's a disgusting attitude from her, and I hope she gets her arse kicked for it. If nothing else, it clearly demonstrates a lack of empathy and the disparity between attitudes of the wealthy and poor in the UK. I expect she's doing fine on her MP Salary and expense account, the fucking slag.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Butch said:

That's a disgusting attitude from her, and I hope she gets her arse kicked for it. If nothing else, it clearly demonstrates a lack of empathy and the disparity between attitudes of the wealthy and poor in the UK. I expect she's doing fine on her MP Salary and expense account, the fucking slag.

She's a comedian... but it is hard to tell these days 😉 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Butch said:

_124780698_daily-star-nc.png

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, galenkia said:

_124780698_daily-star-nc.png

Well that’s a bit of a click bait headline. The truth is nearly everyone has the opportunity to improve their lot should they choose. Whether they choose to or not is another matter……

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Sangsom said:

Well that’s a bit of a click bait headline. The truth is nearly everyone has the opportunity to improve their lot should they choose. Whether they choose to or not is another matter……

So you support the economic refugees crossing the channel?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, fygjam said:

So you support the economic refugees crossing the channel?

They're not "economic refugees" - they've made the hard and treacherous trip from through War torn Germany and France, ended up in the bombed out and extremely dangerous town of Calais where they face daily threats of attacks, bombing, missiles and indiscriminate Frenchmen to come to our shores, they've nothing with them apart from jewellery, watches, iphones, expensive training shoes, clothing and wallets full of stolen cash.

Have pity on the poor souls, they bravely left their wives and children behind in Africa which as we all know is literally under siege, everywhere.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/16/2022 at 9:09 PM, Butch said:

Shes a fucktard c**t,i hope someone stabs her in the eyeballs and sticks a red hot sword up her smelly pussy.

When people are working 2/3 jobs just to put food on the table id guess they dont have the qualifications or time to gain those qualifications to become a banker,what a c**t she is,typical attitude and true colours from these bastards.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Phantom51red said:

Shes a fucktard c**t,i hope someone stabs her in the eyeballs and sticks a red hot sword up her smelly pussy.

When people are working 2/3 jobs just to put food on the table id guess they dont have the qualifications or time to gain those qualifications to become a banker,what a c**t she is,typical attitude and true colours from these bastards.

Live in a different world these elitist pricks.

Like the chancellor Rishi, richest man in Westminster,him and his wife are worth over £700m between them. What does he know about struggling financially?.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

23 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

We have travelled back to the 70's ...

heatwaves, inflation, Russia vs the West and Kate Bush is top of the charts ...

Some great music to follow then!

Need to stock up on Milk and Alcohol.

@fforest will love DR Feelgood.   :default_527:

• Thumbs Up 2

On 6/18/2022 at 2:32 PM, boydeste said:

Some great music to follow then!

Need to stock up on Milk and Alcohol.

@fforest will love DR Feelgood.   :default_527:

Bloody coincidence, I've got that album (stupidity) on in the car at the moment!

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, galenkia said:

Filled the bike up on the way home from Surrey today. Used to be about £15 before price's rocketed. Cost me £19. Hate to think how much more it's costing people to fill a car's tank.

I put £21 in my bike on Wednesday and it didn't fill it up.  My Renault Clio can hold £100 worth.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Fuel is coming down slightly, but the costs of food is getting bloody ridiculous. Even cheap stuff like veggies and chicken are going up by 25% in some cases.

Interest rate decision tomorrow, looking like its going to be a half point.

tough times ahead indeed.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Butch said:

Fuel is coming down slightly, but the costs of food is getting bloody ridiculous. Even cheap stuff like veggies and chicken are going up by 25% in some cases.

Meanwhile ...

https://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2022/aug/02/bp-profits-oil-gas-energy-bills-price-cap-cost-of-living-business-live

Five energy firms make $60bn profits in last quarter

Five of the world’s largest energy companies have now raked in almost $60bn in profits between them, in just the second quarter of 2022.

Shell smashed its profit record; last week reporting adjusted earnings of $11.5bn in April-June, while France’s TotalEnergies tripled its adjusted net income, to $9.8bn.

US oil giants also had a record breaking quarter, with ExxonMobil making an unprecedented $17.85bn profit for Q2, nearly four times as much as the same period a year ago, and Chevron made a record $11.62bn.

• Sad 3

56 minutes ago, Butch said:

Fuel dropped over 10p a litre by me. Just ain't got a fucking bike now it's going down lol.

Bread at M&S has only gone up from 65p to 75p, though their own brand Weetabix has gone up 45p to £1.95 for 24 since the war started. Some products seem to be not much dearer.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Fuel dropped over 10p a litre by me. Just ain't got a fucking bike now it's going down lol.

Bread at M&S has only gone up from 65p to 75p, though their own brand Weetabix has gone up 45p to £1.95 for 24 since the war started. Some products seem to be not much dearer.

Get yer arse to Aldi/lidl https://groceries.aldi.co.uk/en-GB/p-harvest-morn-wheat-bisks-645g/4088600247519

if money is tight M&S is one of the last places to be shopping.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sangsom said:

Get yer arse to Aldi/lidl https://groceries.aldi.co.uk/en-GB/p-harvest-morn-wheat-bisks-645g/4088600247519

if money is tight M&S is one of the last places to be shopping.

I'm lucky in having little outgoing, less than half my weekly salary,so have plenty of money to spend on myself.

And love their food, rather pay a little more for the quality.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, galenkia said:

I'm lucky in having little outgoing, less than half my weekly salary,so have plenty of money to spend on myself.

And love their food, rather pay a little more for the quality.

M&S is my standard mate. Good food all around, can afford a bit more like you.

• Thumbs Up 2

Energy bills set to go up higher than expected in the UK.

I was chatting to my Dad about this, he did actually say that in the 50's , 60's and 70's we made do without double glazing and our house was warmed initially by a fireplace , then later a gas back boiler and fire, which again, was seldom used.

The house was always very cold in the winter, but we managed. Perhaps nowadays we've become too accustomed to coming home to a warm house, instant 24 hour hot water and smart heating systems.

My house is very well insulated, and it doesn't really get "cold" per se, it's probably 10 times more energy efficient and better insulated than the 2 bed terrace we lived in back then, and I recall the loft not having any kind of insulation whatsoever!.

The whole cost of living and current doom and gloom is really getting people down. We've had covid, and now this. It just seems to be one thing after another.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Butch said:

Energy bills set to go up higher than expected in the UK.

I was chatting to my Dad about this, he did actually say that in the 50's , 60's and 70's we made do without double glazing and our house was warmed initially by a fireplace , then later a gas back boiler and fire, which again, was seldom used.

The house was always very cold in the winter, but we managed. Perhaps nowadays we've become too accustomed to coming home to a warm house, instant 24 hour hot water and smart heating systems.

My house is very well insulated, and it doesn't really get "cold" per se, it's probably 10 times more energy efficient and better insulated than the 2 bed terrace we lived in back then, and I recall the loft not having any kind of insulation whatsoever!.

The whole cost of living and current doom and gloom is really getting people down. We've had covid, and now this. It just seems to be one thing after another.

Was the same as a kid,coal then gas fire in the living room, only heat in the house,ice on the bedroom windows in winter.

Everyone are fucking pussys now.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3