Bangkok 3 Day Visit

roobob

13 hours ago, roobob said:

As gutted that was the Reception Area...eating area..etc...all gone. Also all the signage gone and they were working inside.

cheers

Damn...that place was a real bargain price wise.....really clean rooms and just a great location. Thanks for the "sad but true" update. Checked online it says " temporarily closed" 

Thanks for all the other pics of the area....one day hope to check it out again...when things are better. 

23 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I have eaten in there many times, always good grub.

Same same ....used to do lovely black puddings as well when it was Hanrahans. Knew it wasn't a bar bar ...How?

Big Dogs, Stumble Inn etc banned non-smokers from sitting by the rails along the edge, best seats in the house  !!!! WTF ....

Covid of course .... more madness.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yessongs said:

Damn...that place was a real bargain price wise.....really clean rooms and just a great location. Thanks for the "sad but true" update. Checked online it says " temporarily closed" 

Thanks for all the other pics of the area....one day hope to check it out again...when things are better. 

I stayed in there once myself and it was okay, but I much preferred their sister hotel, the Dynasty Grande a little ways up Roi 6 which is also apparently shut down at this time although I haven't heard any other news regarding it. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, roobob said:

Went to Fitzpatricks for breakfast. Had the small breakfast....240baht.

cheers 

IMG20220203102721.jpgIMG20220203102721.jpg

Looks good to me. The eggs are perfect, as is the toast. As an added bonus there's an ashtray on the table too. Haven't seen that outside of Reno in ages!

• Thumbs Up 1

Arrived at Don Mueng going on 30 minutes ago. 

The International Terminal is closed only the Domestic Terminal open/running.

Entering the airport U walk past a temperature check and that is it...no sign in.

Went to check in and as I had a bag the Air Asia person directed me to a counter where they also issued my boarding pass. At no time was I asked if I was vaccinated or had a recent Covid test..zip..nothing.

Proceed to Security to head in the terminal. All they asked was ID..Boarding Pass..nothing about being vaccinated ...been tested...zip..nothing. From arriving...checking in..thru security...to getting a coffee...all of 20 Minutes.

Again all they worried about was a temperature test and that you wore a mask...full stop.

cheers

Edited by roobob
  • Like 5
  • Great Info 1

8 hours ago, maipenrai said:

I stayed in there once myself and it was okay, but I much preferred their sister hotel, the Dynasty Grande a little ways up Roi 6 which is also apparently shut down at this time although I haven't heard any other news regarding it. 

Always my hotel of choice when staying in Bangers.

They have done a lot of work on the Domestic Terminal. Plenty of eating places...places to get a beer if U desire...Coffee Club...Starbucks...Macca's....Bürger King...to name a few. 

It is a more open design...looks good...they have done a decent job.

cheers 

IMG20220204095920.jpgIMG20220204095851.jpgIMG20220204095608.jpgIMG20220204095529.jpg

• Like 5
  • Great Info 1

8 hours ago, maipenrai said:

I went past the Dynasty Grande this morning on the way to the airport 

It is indeed shut down...now behind a large tin fence along the entire front and on the side 

cheers

5 hours ago, roobob said:

They have done a lot of work on the Domestic Terminal. Plenty of eating places...places to get a beer if U desire...Coffee Club...Starbucks...Macca's....Bürger King...to name a few. 

It is a more open design...looks good...they have done a decent job.

cheers 

IMG20220204095920.jpgIMG20220204095851.jpgIMG20220204095608.jpgIMG20220204095529.jpg

Looks pretty nice. Not used that airport in about 15 years or so. 

Cheers for the trip report mate, sure the info will be helpful to those travelling in the near future. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Starshine said:

You can't compare it to a Scottish breakfast...you are spoilt with all those square sausages, haggis and tattie scones

Which might explain why in the six months I have been back I have skipped size XL and gone straight to FB. :default_biggrin:

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

What was the name of the English pub upstairs in departures ???

Buggered if I can remember it ..

State I spent most of my time in Thailand it's a miracle I ever got home, never mind remember details like that. 🤣

• Haha 5

On 2/2/2022 at 7:35 AM, roobob said:

Just back for a rest before heading out for a sundowner.

It seems most bars are opening at 2pm but Morning Light and one or two more were open before. Word on the street is closing at 11pm but some places have slow clocks....555

The Dynasty Inn all locked up and the Dawin Hotel is gutted. Will they open again...who knows 

Bullies just around the corner is gone...gutted with workers inside and bull still outside. Not sure what is going on there.

cheers

IMG20220202141616.jpg

I hope the Bull stays there even if Bullies doesn't survive. They had a very nice chef there back around 2018/19.