You will not believe me!

Jambo

I had been to the main shopping center in Livingston today which goes with the highly original name of "The Center" and was on my way back using my free Scottish bus pass.

I noticed a teenage girl in front of me waving her hand about in a highly exaggerated manner which included much use of her fingers. My initial thoughts were that such movements were down to a reaction to some non prescription pharmaceuticals. I subsequently discovered that I had mentally done her a great disservice.

She was holding her phone in her left hand some distance away and it eventually dawned on me that she was in fact having a conversation using sign language. It had never occurred to me that this might be possible but that was exactly what she was doing. It was quite fascinating to watch her particularly as she seemed to be getting quite animated. I imagine it could not have been easy using the phone and I think she was getting somewhat frustrated.

Eventually we reached our respective stops and during my five minute walk up the hill I kept thinking that it was quite unusual to witness anybody using sign language and most definitely a first when they were using a phone for the conversation.

As I reached the entrance to my "condo" building a guy was getting out of a delivery van with a parcel in his hand. You cannot just walk into the building having to either ring the bell for the duty manager or the number of a particular apartment to gain access. He was looking at the various alternatives and I said let me open up for you which I did with an electronic "key" like opening a car door.

He walks in ahead of me  but soon stops and starts waving to the "Manager" in her office but she does not initially see him. I need to get past him but he is blocking my way so I tap him on the shoulder and say

"Excuse me"

To which he turns round and mutters

"Ooh, er, a a, ooh!

I said you would not believe me! 😨

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Jambo said:

I had been to the main shopping center in Livingston today which goes with the highly original name of "The Center" and was on my way back using my free Scottish bus pass.

I noticed a teenage girl in front of me waving her hand about in a highly exaggerated manner which included much use of her fingers. My initial thoughts were that such movements were down to a reaction to some non prescription pharmaceuticals. I subsequently discovered that I had mentally done her a great disservice.

She was holding her phone in her left hand some distance away and it eventually dawned on me that she was in fact having a conversation using sign language. It had never occurred to me that this might be possible but that was exactly what she was doing. It was quite fascinating to watch her particularly as she seemed to be getting quite animated. I imagine it could not have been easy using the phone and I think she was getting somewhat frustrated.

Eventually we reached our respective stops and during my five minute walk up the hill I kept thinking that it was quite unusual to witness anybody using sign language and most definitely a first when they were using a phone for the conversation.

As I reached the entrance to my "condo" building a guy was getting out of a delivery van with a parcel in his hand. You cannot just walk into the building having to either ring the bell for the duty manager or the number of a particular apartment to gain access. He was looking at the various alternatives and I said let me open up for you which I did with an electronic "key" like opening a car door.

He walks in ahead of me  but soon stops and starts waving to the "Manager" in her office but she does not initially see him. I need to get past him but he is blocking my way so I tap him on the shoulder and say

"Excuse me"

To which he turns round and mutters

"Ooh, er, a a, ooh!

I said you would not believe me! 😨

I Don't have sexual relations with this girl, honest gov, but a friend that I sometimes spend time with will call me on video chat, grunt and sign to me while I just smile and blow her a kiss. Very funny really,  but it's true!

There were often 5 or 6 Deaf and Dumb girls that freelanced around Nana soi 4. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, boydeste said:

I Don't have sexual relations with this girl, honest gov, but a friend that I sometimes spend time with will call me on video chat, grunt and sign to me while I just smile and blow her a kiss. Very funny really,  but it's true!

There were often 5 or 6 Deaf and Dumb girls that freelanced around Nana soi 4. 

I remember you pointing out one of them to me some time back....

• Like 1