type of Laundry Soap you use in Thailand

Sea-Hawks

5 minutes ago, Sea-Hawks said:

…is that a liquid softener? 

got a picture by chance?

thx

Liquid.  We get it at Makro but I've seen it in most supermarkets and on Lazada.

fcf21dfefa65b1688636e5e362728d4b.jpg_120

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, tko said:

Downy fabric softener.  Our washing machine has a pocket for it right next to where you put the soap powder.

Have you watched the water flowing into that pocket/compartment on the initial wash?

Most washing machines that I have seen here that have the softener as part of the powder compartment has the water flowing straight through it at the beginning so that the softener is added during the initial wash phase which basically just cleans the softener out of the clothes.

On one of my earlier posts I said that I added softener manually "Thai style" whilst it is refilling for the rinse cycle.

EDIT = From the Downy website: "It's important to add Downy during the rinse cycle, because the wash cycle can clean away the fabric softener."

Aren't we a bunch of old women!!!

Edited by Derek Dangleberries

34 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Have you watched the water flowing into that pocket/compartment on the initial wash?

Most washing machines that I have seen here that have the softener as part of the powder compartment has the water flowing straight through it at the beginning so that the softener is added during the initial wash phase which basically just cleans the softener out of the clothes.

On one of my earlier posts I said that I added softener manually "Thai style" whilst it is refilling for the rinse cycle.

EDIT = From the Downy website: "It's important to add Downy during the rinse cycle, because the wash cycle can clean away the fabric softener."

Aren't we a bunch of old women!!!

I can't watch the water flow because the compartment is closed before starting the machine.  It must be put in at the right time because our clothes are quite soft when we use it and very stiff when we don't.

Edited by tko
spelling
  • Thumbs Up 2