Dem bones, dem bones, dem dry bones.

Got out of bed around 4 weeks ago and felt a bit of pain in my left hip and didn’t think anything about it, as I have the old Ostio crap in both hips, so just put it down to old age and the aches and pains we all experience. 
Hobbled around dosing myself with Morphine tablets and paracetamol and just carried on with life as you do. 

Fast forward 3 weeks and it’s gotten worse so phoned GP who sent me for an X-ray on Saturday. 
Had the pics taken and went to leave when a nurse came up to me pushing a wheelchair and said “get in, we’re going to A&E to triage you”!

Turns out I’d broken my pelvis in 2 places and I’d been walking on it for 3 weeks😟

Saw bones surgeon who said he didn’t want to operate due to my heart and that I need to rest and hope the bones heal together in a few months. 
I still can’t fathom how I sustained such an injury whilst asleep. 

Note to self: At my age, the bed is for sleeping in. 🤣

Edited by KhunDon
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 4
  • Surprised 6

5 hours ago, KhunDon said:

Got out of bed around 4 weeks ago and felt a bit of pain in my left hip and didn’t think anything about it, as I have the old Ostio crap in both hips, so just put it down to old age and the aches and pains we all experience. 
Hobbled around dosing myself with Morphine tablets and paracetamol and just carried on with life as you do. 

Fast forward 3 weeks and it’s gotten worse so phoned GP who sent me for an X-ray on Saturday. 
Had the pics taken and went to leave when a nurse came up to me pushing a wheelchair and said “get in, we’re going to A&E to triage you”!

Turns out I’d broken my pelvis in 2 places and I’d been walking on it for 3 weeks😟

Saw bones surgeon who said he didn’t want to operate due to my heart and that I need to rest and hope the bones heal together in a few months. 
I still can’t fathom how I sustained such an injury whilst asleep. 

Note to self: At my age, the bed is for sleeping in. 🤣

Drunken adventurous sex or a

Vigorous wank caused this perhaps ? 

😎🤠

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AJSP said:

Drunken adventurous sex or a

Vigorous wank caused this perhaps ? 

😎🤠

I’ll admit to the former.😉

Couldn’t have been the latter, as I always change hands at fifty strokes. 🤣

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

I’ll admit to the former.😉

Couldn’t have been the latter, as I always change hands at fifty strokes. 🤣

theres your answer.  an awful lot of hand changing for a man of your age

• Haha 1

Jesus, that is scary, especially not knowing how it happened. 

Nothing but the best going forward and keep us posted. 

Maybe a dumb question, did not know there are "morphine" tablets you can take per say? I will assume they have to be prescribed by a Doctor right? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Yessongs said:

Jesus, that is scary, especially not knowing how it happened. 

Nothing but the best going forward and keep us posted. 

Maybe a dumb question, did not know there are "morphine" tablets you can take per say? I will assume they have to be prescribed by a Doctor right? 

Thanks @Yessongs 👍I’ll take it easy now, as this could take 9 months to heal. 😟

I’ve been prescribed morphine tablets and Oramorph morphine liquid for 20+ years by my GP and hospital pain clinic, for lower back problems and I’m also allowed to take 4000mg of Paracetamol every 24 hours, but I try to limit it to 3000mg when I can. 

MST is a slow release morphine tablet (5mg & 10mg) and I tend to take up to 40-50mg daily when things are bad and a bit of Oramorph for breakthrough pain when needed. 
Things could be worse and it doesn’t really stop me doing most things, as long as I don’t do anything that puts  pressure onto my spine. 😉

Edited by KhunDon
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1