Famous Quotes

forcebwithu

On 5/7/2022 at 1:18 PM, gs joe said:

7F192136-A591-4921-A9A4-286858F40501.jpeg50337933-D391-43FC-9F58-41A2889093AE.jpeg

Reminds me of Ralph’s joke at the Bada Bing in Sopranos S3

Custer’s widow curses out an artist “ I ask you to paint something commemorating my husband’s last thoughts….and you give me COWS WITH HALOS AND NATIVES MAKING LOVE????

”Miss Custer, those WERE your husband’s last thoughts…..HOLY COW LOOK AT ALL THOSE FUCKING INDIANS” 

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Haha 5

Mae West had some great quotes.  Everyone has heard, "Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?" but there were many others.

Quotation-Mae-West.jpg

“Good sex is like bridge. If you don’t have a good partner, you’d better have a good hand.”

"His mother should have thrown him away and kept the stork."

"When I'm good I'm very good, but when I'm bad I'm better."

"How tall are you big boy? Six foot nine inches! Let's go up to my place and talk about the nine inches!"

"Marriage is a great institution, but I'm not ready for an institution."

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Two of my favorite historical quotes come from the Battle of Thermopylae:

When Xerxes I demanded that the Spartans surrender their weapons,  King Leonidas replied:  Molon labe ("Come and take them.")

When told the arrows of the Persians would be so numerous they "would block out the sun,"  the Spartan soldier Dienekes replied, "Good. Then we will fight in the shade."

Another quote I've always remembered is the motto of the House of Stuart, Nemo me impune lacessit ("No one provokes me with impunity").

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

My participation on the Pattaya Boards has brought home the absolute truth of Heinlein's quote.

Heinlein.PNG

I won't accompany you to a Karaoke evening either. 🙂

Shame Mr Gabor isn't here to offer his unique and interesting insight!!

I used to spend a lot of time reading the discussions between yourself and him, I still ,to this day cannot believe how obstinate and misinformed he was.

Edited by Butch
  • Like 1

Years ago when watching an episode of Sex in the City. Kim Caterall (the one who liked well hung guys) had picked up a guy in a club and gone back to his apartment. 
She was sat on the sofa as he came out of the shower with a towel wrapped around his waist. 
He drops the towel and she smiles , her eyes open wide and she says

“Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, JACKPOT”. 🤗

Edited by KhunDon

1 hour ago, Butch said:

I used to spend a lot of time reading the discussions between yourself and him, I still ,to this day cannot believe how obstinate and misinformed he was.

The biggest problem was he was so maddeningly simple.  I don't think he would score highly on the Verbal Quantitative Reasoning subset of Stanford-Binet 5 (or any other section  or subset).

He just couldn't grasp how a free market functions.  His mindset was stuck in the days of Soviet-style planned economies when government ministries and party officials set the prices and everyone had to accept them.  That's how he saw himself- the Commissar of P4P Prices in Pattaya and no dissent was allowed to his decrees.

Anyway, to stay on topic, I'm reminded of this quote from a U.S. cult film.

Add "keyboard" to the beginning and you have a call that resounds across all social media, not just the Pattaya boards.

Evil

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

The biggest problem was he was so maddeningly simple.  I don't think he would score highly on the Verbal Quantitative Reasoning subset of Stanford-Binet 5 (or any other section  or subset).

He just couldn't grasp how a free market functions.  His mindset was stuck in the days of Soviet-style planned economies when government ministries and party officials set the prices and everyone had to accept them.  That's how he saw himself- the Commissar of P4P Prices in Pattaya and no dissent was allowed to his decrees.

Anyway, to stay on topic, I'm reminded of this quote from a U.S. cult film.

Add "keyboard" to the beginning and you have a call that resounds across all social media, not just the Pattaya boards.

Evil

Maybe that's where we're not giving him credit, or perhaps not understanding him. He was possibly indoctrinated to such thinking from an early age, and growing up in Hungary as a child had an effect.

Peer pressure formed him into someone who just followed the party line without question and anyone who dared to disagree was an enemy of the state, and their opinions, no matter how valid , rejected. This then developed into his pattern of thinking and as such, a doctrine into how Pattaya, a concept alien to many of us, should perform.

Or, he is just a self opinionated idiot with no credibility, who tries to build his reputation on the misguided belief that one girls going cheap is good enough to set a standard by, and anyone who fails to meet such standard is then solely responsible for price increases.

Either way, he is a "Pattaya" character but for all the wrong reasons.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1