Gated Community in Chonburi or East Pattaya

AussieBob

We are looking into renting a property in one of the many gated communities in Chonburi/East Pattaya.

Can anyone post advice of those communities that are OK (walls, guards, etc) and those that are not.

I understand that because of the '5 year rule' it is common for all the 'services' to be stopped being provided by the property developer, and that the owners in many gated communities do not keep those services going.  Our experiences in Chiang Mai was that 'good' developers like Land & Houses encourage/keep those services going well after the 5 years have passed. We are hoping for advice and tips about which gated communities are well maintained in Chonburi/East Pattaya . It does not appear that Land & Houses have built many gated communities in those areas. Can anyone advise the 'good' ones? and the bad ones?

What you want by the sound of things is a village that has formed its own Homeowners Association (HOA) and taken over the running of the village from the developers. I have no idea how many villages this applies to, but check that it's up and running and ask around to see if people are happy with it. Villages that don't have a HOA aren't necessarily a disaster, it's more a case of you have to do stuff yourself. Indeed, I almost ended up buying a house in one and would have been quite happy there I think.

• Thanks 1

I lived in Pattaya Hill 2, they and their sister Pattaya Hill 1 both had Homeowners Associations that worked well. The estates are around 20 years old now but good locations on Soi Khao Noi.

You really need to get on a bike/car and have a look around as there are so many estates in so many locations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

having employed them I can tell you that ngitime scurity SLEEP. as in a lot.  CCTV and high walls are key.  Ours has been safe3 13 yrs I am here, security guard was let go 6 yrs ago, to no loss.  we are gated tho with remotes to open

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Toy Boy @Horizondave @tommy dee - much appreciated. 

Looks like driving around the area and taking a look inside is the best way to go. We have a few names - now we have a few more.  Looks like I will need to make a large map and plan out a route.  We will be looking for well maintained houses and gardens, high walls, CCTV, no roaming dogs, and guards who are awake at night or remote gates.      

• Thumbs Up 2