Jump to content

Air Canada to Fly To Bangkok


Horizondave
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Wonder how long the flight would be and if Air Canada will specifically retrofit their seating in economy, so that people have an opportunity to have at least halfway decent legroom for what I'm sure will be at least a 16 hour flight?

Good news though, more options for the traveling public can only be a positive thing.

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Wonder how long the flight would be and if Air Canada will specifically retrofit their seating in economy, so that people have an opportunity to have at least halfway decent legroom for what I'm sure will be at least a 16 hour flight?

Good news though, more options for the traveling public can only be a positive thing.

Might be an option for north west Americans coming from Seattle, San Francisco as an alternate to flights that go via Hong Kong, Seoul etc.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Think that's EVA , sure I've used the Air Canada lounge before 

Maybe before, but the current Thai Air 12.30 daily flight definitely codeshares with Air Canada. 

From just now, Thai Air flight, clicked on the codeshare ...

Edit - 3 hours delay as well lol

Screenshot_20220621-213634_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Krapow
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Wonder how long the flight would be and if Air Canada will specifically retrofit their seating in economy, so that people have an opportunity to have at least halfway decent legroom for what I'm sure will be at least a 16 hour flight?

Good news though, more options for the traveling public can only be a positive thing.

Info below about route (more or less over land and little water travel. Non stop, not direct).

The route from Vancouver to Bangkok is some 7,344 miles (11,819km) long. It'll leave Vancouver on December 1st, with the first flight from the Thai capital on the 4th. It'll use B787-9s. Winter is the peak time to visit Thailand.

While the first service from Canada is on a Thursday, it'll then operate to Asia on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays, returning on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays. Ending in mid-April, the schedule is as follows, with all times local:

 
  • Vancouver-Bangkok: AC65, 23:00-05:55+2 days (block time of 15h 55m)
  • Bangkok-Vancouver: AC66, 08:30-06:35, arriving back the same day (13h 5m)

image.png

 
Edited by Horizondave
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Info below about route (more or less over land and little water travel. Non stop, not direct).

The route from Vancouver to Bangkok is some 7,344 miles (11,819km) long. It'll leave Vancouver on December 1st, with the first flight from the Thai capital on the 4th. It'll use B787-9s. Winter is the peak time to visit Thailand.

While the first service from Canada is on a Thursday, it'll then operate to Asia on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays, returning on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays. Ending in mid-April, the schedule is as follows, with all times local:

 
  • Vancouver-Bangkok: AC65, 23:00-05:55+2 days (block time of 15h 55m)
  • Bangkok-Vancouver: AC66, 08:30-06:35, arriving back the same day (13h 5m)

image.png

 

Pretty sure that the Orcs Russia have banned Canadian flights from Russian airspace!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Sherlock said:

Pretty sure that the Orcs Russia have banned Canadian flights from Russian airspace!

Maybe the route map is for info animation purposes only rather gospel. There is chat that the airline can avoid Russian Airspace by flying over the Bering sea and then Japan. A look on FlightRadar shows a lot of American flights flying south across the Bering sea and avoiding Russian airspace.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Wonder how long the flight would be and if Air Canada will specifically retrofit their seating in economy, so that people have an opportunity to have at least halfway decent legroom for what I'm sure will be at least a 16 hour flight?

Good news though, more options for the traveling public can only be a positive thing.

Air Canada will use a Boeing 787-9 for this service, featuring a total of 298 seats. This includes 30 business class seats, 21 premium economy seats, and 247 economy class seats.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Maybe the route map is for info animation purposes only rather gospel. There is chat that the airline can avoid Russian Airspace by flying over the Bering sea and then Japan. A look on FlightRadar shows a lot of American flights flying south across the Bering sea and avoiding Russian airspace.

 

See also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_Air_Lines_Flight_007

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For me, it is STILL hard to imagine, even more so now that things are getting somewhat back to normal, that at least 1 airline cannot find a way to be profitable for them to offer perhaps a once per week flight non stop from the west coast here to Bangkok. I would think SFO would be a great choice for this. 

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Info below about route (more or less over land and little water travel. Non stop, not direct).

The route from Vancouver to Bangkok is some 7,344 miles (11,819km) long. It'll leave Vancouver on December 1st, with the first flight from the Thai capital on the 4th. It'll use B787-9s. Winter is the peak time to visit Thailand.

While the first service from Canada is on a Thursday, it'll then operate to Asia on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays, returning on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays. Ending in mid-April, the schedule is as follows, with all times local:

 
  • Vancouver-Bangkok: AC65, 23:00-05:55+2 days (block time of 15h 55m)
  • Bangkok-Vancouver: AC66, 08:30-06:35, arriving back the same day (13h 5m)

image.png

 

This schedule indicates to me Air Canada is doing this route on the cheap, utilizing one aircraft. If any serious equipment failures occur overseas, then replacement aircraft would have to come from Canada. Any flight disruptions would result in serious schedule disruptions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...