Stuff you do or won't do on an Aircraft

Butch

My first trip to Thailand I sat with two Canadians & we launched into the Scotch,the hostie eventually gave us a full bottle to save on serving us.I shared a cab with them to the Nana & can vaguely remember stopping for beer on the way.On subsequent trips from Saudi have no memory of arriving at Bangkok just of waking up in the Nana.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

My first trip to Thailand I sat with two Canadians & we launched into the Scotch,the hostie eventually gave us a full bottle to save on serving us.I shared a cab with them to the Nana & can vaguely remember stopping for beer on the way.On subsequent trips from Saudi have no memory of arriving at Bangkok just of waking up in the Nana.

see that's the "airworks" DNA in action right there mate!!

• Haha 1

I had too much to drink on a trip home from Thailand years ago and it made my jet lag so much worse that I never did it again - nowadays I usually just have two or three small glasses of wine with my meals. 

As for chemical help to sleep, I usually take a Xanax or Ativan early in the trip home which starts in the late afternoon on my flights; my departing flights from Vancouver are always after midnight so I'm usually tired from being up all day and having a few drinks while waiting to board and I generally don't have much trouble getting some sleep on the long leg of the flight. I always book an aisle seat so I don't have to move or climb over anyone to go to the washroom, and wear slip-on shoes so I can get into them easily to move around when I have to. I make sure I've got a pen in my pocket to fill in the landing form on the final leg of the trip.

One other thing I have always done is save the packaged wet wipes that come with the meals, and always have one or two in my shorts pocket when I'm wandering around Pattaya - they've come in very handy on occasion!

13 hours ago, Butch said:

see that's the "airworks" DNA in action right there mate!!

Although the Saudi Air Force contract was originally Airwork it was BAe by the time I got there.

In the early days of AW in Saudi guys were paid locally in cash.Until some enterprising bloke broke into the company HQ & nicked the lot.He/they were never caught.