HM Queen Elizabeth II.

Aqualung

44 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Can I respectfully ask the mods to delete any disrespectful comments there may be here. 

This isn’t Twitter so I doubt anyone would stoop that low, but thanks….No room for that here, I think we can all agree it’s a sad day and she will be missed

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

RIP to a remarkable icon for the generations.

This is a very nice set of historical photos:

Photos: The Remarkable Life of Queen Elizabeth II

https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2022/09/queen-elizabeth-ii-death-photos-remarkable-life/671372/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=atlantic-photo-newsletter&utm_content=20220908&silverid=%%RECIPIENT_ID%%&utm_term=New Photo Galleries

Capture.JPG

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 6

RIP to Elizabeth the Great who has been a constant in the lives of so many people in the UK and the Commonwealth.

The end of an age.

Vale.

A very hard act to follow

Britain united in shock and sadness on a dark, cold day

The news wasn’t unexpected, but stunned sombre Britons took to WhatsApp or milled about in front of royal palaces as they tried to digest what was happening.

6b701246aa160854d6feca38566c63c007d24677

Home-made shrines are laid outside royal palaces.

Credit - Jessica Sier

The country’s grief will blossom into almost overwhelming proportions in coming days. People will be mourning not just a woman, but an icon, an era, an identity.

Life will go on, but an anchor has been weighed. The country must somehow sail on without her.

https://www.afr.com/world/europe/britain-united-in-shock-and-sadness-on-a-dark-cold-day-20220909-p5bgpj

Edited by Zeb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mourning is a time of introspection as well as honouring the deceased.

I understand the mass cancellation of public events in the UK, but in honour of Her Majesty I held an impromptu Regimental Dinner tonight with my playmates.

For the main meal we dined on 5 baht crepe.

When the meal was finished and the mat cleaned, 5 Baht fruit juice was passed around the mat (Only to the left and never leaving the mat)

At an appropriate time I called on Mr Vice for the Loyal Toast

Mr Vice (A six year old girl) "Gentlemen! The Queen!" ....I have to admit that it took a bit of prompting!

Everybody "THE QUEEN"!

I am damn sure Her Majesty and Prince Philip would have approved .....even though some may not !!!

• Like 4