HM Queen Elizabeth II.

Aqualung

44 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Yesterday i watched with a mix of sad and proud emotions as they left balmoral and drove to edinburgh,watched as they drove through my home town then through dundee,proud of the turn out she received all along the way,ive been around balmoral and the hills there quite a lot doing the munros,balmoral is a lovely little town,seen the newsclips and lovely storys about how she often would walk near lochnagar munro when she was younger,how she felt about that beautifull area and what it meant to her,fully understand that ❤️.

My mother was named after her.

And as for these blm scumbags marching for the black allegedly innocent guy who was shot ,disrespectfull fuckers,should have turned the water cannons on them,time and place.

rip mam

I've been to Ballater and all around Balmoral it is massive and stunningly beautiful.

Rumour Charles is going to bequeath it the nation. 

• Like 1

On 9/11/2022 at 5:57 PM, tommy dee said:

"Backstairs Billy"  with the corgis, he actually worked for the Queen mother not the queen. A royal favourite  but disliked by the rest of Hm the Queen Mother's staff

Private Eye's favourite along with 'Sir Roger Fitzlightly'.

Billy was legendary for chasing the young footmen around the Palace. Queen Mum adored him .....

15 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

received_5426604240781023-1-723x1024.jpeg

I think this is a fantastic reflection of how much The Queen was loved and respected by all faiths around the world.

To think that so many Catholics want to celebrate the life and mourn the passing of the Head of the Anglican church, even after centuries of terrible abuses by both faiths, may eventually lead to a point where everybody realizes that what happens during Eucharist is nothing but a load of bollocks.  

• Like 5

As far as we know, Queen Elizabeth II is the first UK monarch to not die from the effects of tobacco since 1901:

Edward VII bronchitis, coronary occlusion.(20 cigs and 12 cigars/day)

(King Edward VII Cigars ?)

George V empyema
Edward VIII lung cancer
George VI lung cancer and vasculopathy

Before them others ? may well be ?

• Great Info 1

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I think this is a fantastic reflection of how much The Queen was loved and respected by all faiths around the world.

To think that so many Catholics want to celebrate the life and mourn the passing of the Head of the Anglican church, even after centuries of terrible abuses by both faiths, may eventually lead to a point where everybody realizes that what happens during Eucharist is nothing but a load of bollocks.  

lovely idea and well thought I know.  reality is its being set up by the legion and the church there is one of the few christian churches inthe town.. still an excellent event  and sign of respect

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Jambo said:

Unless I have missed it, sadly I have not seen mention of any representative from Thailand attending Monday's proceedings?

The only thing I can find so far is ( https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/world-leaders-are-attending-queen-elizabeth-iis-funeral-rcna48028 😞

Monarchs attending from outside Europe include Japan's Emperor Naruhito and Empress Masako.

Funny bit ( https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/queen-elizabeths-funeral-who-is-invited-and-who-is-not-3349042 😞

Dutch King Willem-Alexander, Queen Maxima and Crown Princess Beatrix,

Former Queen Beatrix isn't Crown Princess, that is Amalia.

17 hours ago, nampla69 said:

I thought the whole thing was magnificent Britain at its best.

Big mention to the Scots for organising things so well in Balmoral, Dundee along the route and Edinburgh.

The pipers today with the Skye Boat song and the Pipers Lament at the very end so powerful, emotional and stirring.

Queen loved Scotland ........ here's to another 70 years of Great Britain ...... 

My grandmother on my mum's side was born in Edinburgh so I have Scottish blood.

Really hope they don't break away from the UK.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

12 minutes ago, galenkia said:

My grandmother on my mum's side was born in Edinburgh so I have Scottish blood.

Really hope they don't break away from the UK.

So was mine although she had long since died before my uncle mentioned to me that my Grannie Annie had been born in Edinburgh. My most vivid memory of her was when she threw half a cup of cold tea over "Butch" our boxer dog after he did the most evil smelly fart.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Jambo said:

So was mine although she had long since died before my uncle mentioned to me that my Grannie Annie had been born in Edinburgh. My most vivid memory of her was when she threw half a cup of cold tea over "Butch" our boxer dog after he did the most evil smelly fart.

You still blaming the dog back then?

:default_527:

• Haha 3