Las Vegas Paul

Glasseye

The recent report from Mike on the Vegas trip made me think about an oldie.... Las Vegas Paul.

He was going strong on the Secrets board when I first discovered it back many years ago. The dude sure could write, very entertaining. 

Sure would be nice to read some of those old posts from back then. Seems like a treasure trove fabulous material just sank to the bottom of the ocean.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

I remember his section when I first joined Secrets. Also someone had posted his obituary…..what got him, cancer ? Wasn’t very old if I recall 

There's a post on PT announcing his passing on 12 December, 2013. Another post in October had the quote from FB, "His battle with cancer is finally coming to an end".

RIP LVP

• Great Info 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/21/2022 at 7:49 AM, biggles said:

Yes, a funny guy. Met him a few times and he was a nice bloke. 

He certainly was a really nice guy and very entertaining.

I have some fond memories.

Played golf  one day with LVP, Terry Lee and Sweatie at Burrapha. On the 18th and LVP had the honors of teeing off first on the final hole of the day. He hit the drive of his life carrying the ball 250 yards and then some as it rolled down hill. We all gave him a round of applause and then fell about laughing. He had managed to set himself up turning 45 degrees to the right and launched his ball the wrong way down the 16th (?) fairway. We let him have a Mulligan as he was well pissed we didn't tell him . 😄

Then there was the time he was Manager of a bar off Pattaya Tai behind Center (?) condo.  I went to visit him soon after he started. It was a bit unusual as a bar as it had a giant "fish tank" at one end in which the girls used to frolic. I was sitting at the bar with LVP when this girl had managed to go upside down and had to be fished out before she drowned.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Jambo said:

Then there was the time he was Manager of a bar off Pattaya Tai behind Center (?) condo.

Yes was in Center condo Wet and wild later moved to beach road near Best friends complex. He left after working only a short time as they had told him do what ever was needed to get the place going. Then they refused the changes he wanted to make so he left.

Spent many a happy evening with him.

He used to send me his writing for comments and genuinely wanted to know any thoughts or ideas.

Led an amazing existence in Vietnam and as Larry recounts .....Wet and Wild in its short existence was always worth a trip. Great character LVP and great company ....... RIP

• Like 4

I knew him as well - he was a good guy and very interesting to chat with; around 2012/13 I was staying at the Armageddon on Soi LK Metro and most days I'd wander around to the Rockhouse in the early afternoon and have a drink and talk with him to start off my day - he left us too soon, may he RIP...

• Like 3