What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

On 5/17/2020 at 5:03 PM, Nightcrawler said:

Just mustering up the energy to go and clean my car

Was going to do ours then the missus said why don't we buy a pressure washer then we can do the patio as well.So I've avoided the car cleaning for a week until it arrives😎.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just came back from a 3 mile walk with the missus,wonderful weather here in the south east UK at the moment & the last mile or so was along the towpath of the Grand Union,superb.

Now relaxing with a nice cool Rom beer.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Not on this lake, the owner would have shot and buried them! 😉

There's a lake near us which for a fee you could fish from but the owner had to close it because of all the east europeans poaching his stock.

22 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Just came back from a 3 mile walk with the missus,wonderful weather here in the south east UK at the moment & the last mile or so was along the towpath of the Grand Union,superb.

Now relaxing with a nice cool Rom beer.

That's a good walk. I walk everyday around the BA hangers and perimeter road area at LHR. That's a good 8km walk for me. More than enough for one day.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Esco said:

I really miss carp fishing. 

Such tranquility and beautiful weather to boot. 

Yes, probably also a welcome retreat from trying to digest the covid virus threads in this forum or 'marking as read' as I am presently doing most of the time.

I am finding that there are members here I will naturally be socially distancing from long after the pandemic is over lol....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, coxyhog said:

There's a lake near us which for a fee you could fish from but the owner had to close it because of all the east europeans poaching his stock.

That's where a ruthless bastard with a big gun comes in to play me thinks!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Surprised 1

4 hours ago, boydeste said:

Back home from the lake, having a few beers.

How did you do?

I have fished most of my life on and off.

I lived in Faversham in Kent for two years and that was the time I did some serious carp fishing but with moderate success and a lot of blanks.

My favorite fishing was trotting for barbel on the Dorset Stour and the Royalty on the Avon. Smashed up by some monsters on the Stour near Bistern at a venue that only opened for the month of September.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Send them down to Oz (the east Europeans) provided they go home again.

Carp are noxious pests.

before after carp

The image above shows the benefits of removing carp from an area. This wetland dried out, carp were prevented from returning using a screen and the system filled again naturally. The improved water clarity is clear to see.

9 hours ago, Jambo said:

How did you do?

I have fished most of my life on and off.

I lived in Faversham in Kent for two years and that was the time I did some serious carp fishing but with moderate success and a lot of blanks.

My favorite fishing was trotting for barbel on the Dorset Stour and the Royalty on the Avon. Smashed up by some monsters on the Stour near Bistern at a venue that only opened for the month of September.

I had one bite, but I got cut off after it burried itself just over the marginal shelf in the weed.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, boydeste said:

I had one bite, but I got cut off after it burried itself just over the marginal shelf in the weed.

I have had one bite and just the one fish in three trips to my local fishery.

Thank God the beer never stopped being sold and they do good food. 🤣

• Like 2

Looking at flights for December and wondering if I should go for it and book it.  Already had 2 trips cancelled so far because of all this carry on. Thinking of a couple 1 week trips around Europe somewhere once the airlines are up and running and just leaving Thailand until December.

10 minutes ago, JPK said:

Looking at flights for December and wondering if I should go for it and book it.  Already had 2 trips cancelled so far because of all this carry on. Thinking of a couple 1 week trips around Europe somewhere once the airlines are up and running and just leaving Thailand until December.

Depends upon whether you can DEFINITELY obtain a full refund and not a voucher in the event of having to cancel.

Vouchers are turning out to be effectively a scam being followed by substantial additional surcharges in some cases on rebooking the new flights.

Edited by Jambo
  • Like 1