What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

4 hours ago, galenkia said:

I don't take any notice of this stay home Nazi bullshit and just do what I like. 

Come down under and try it, we need the money...

A tourist from Adelaide has been fined $13,000 after he escaped hotel quarantine just hours after
landing in Perth to go clubbing with a friend in the city.

The 25-year-old fronted Perth Magistrates Court on Tuesday where he pleaded guilty to five counts
of failing to comply with a direction under the Emergency Management Act.

$AU13,000 is about GBP7,300.

Having arrived back in Mae Sot yesterday Sai has imposed a 10 day lock down on me!

I wish I was kidding. 🤣

The neighbours keep looking at me through the driveway gates.

I think I will put out a red flag!

Unclean, unclean!

"Bring out your dead........bring out your dead"

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, fygjam said:

Come down under and try it, we need the money...

A tourist from Adelaide has been fined $13,000 after he escaped hotel quarantine just hours after
landing in Perth to go clubbing with a friend in the city.

The 25-year-old fronted Perth Magistrates Court on Tuesday where he pleaded guilty to five counts
of failing to comply with a direction under the Emergency Management Act.

$AU13,000 is about GBP7,300.

They have upped the ante in Victoria -

Two people who fled from Melbourne Airport after being told they’d have to do 14 days of quarantine will each be fined $19,000.

The 26-year-old man and 24-year-old woman from NSW arrived in Melbourne on Friday morning on a flight from Canberra.

Victoria Police spokeswoman Belinda Batty told the Herald Sun: “They were spoken to by authorised officers and informed they would be required to quarantine for 14 days as per current CHO directions.

“The pair then ran from the officer, fleeing the airport and were picked up by a vehicle outside.”

They still have to do the quarantine AND pay the cost of it.

Edited by Zeb

12 minutes ago, Zeb said:

They have upped the ante in Victoria -

Two people who fled from Melbourne Airport after being told they’d have to do 14 days of quarantine will each be fined $19,000.

The 26-year-old man and 24-year-old woman from NSW arrived in Melbourne on Friday morning on a flight from Canberra.

Victoria Police spokeswoman Belinda Batty told the Herald Sun: “They were spoken to by authorised officers and informed they would be required to quarantine for 14 days as per current CHO directions.

“The pair then ran from the officer, fleeing the airport and were picked up by a vehicle outside.”

They still have to do the quarantine AND pay the cost of it.

There's no monopoly on stupidity.

Got up this morning and fired up my wood stove again, it's -14C with a high forecast of -12C - really quite warm for here in deep winter and no end in sight; normally by this time of year we would have had temperatures much lower than this. On the other hand, we have had crazy amounts of snow and the outside environment looks more like March than January. I keep thinking that the bottom's going to fall out one of these days and we'll get a week or more of -40 which is no fun for anyone except tow truck operators and cab drivers, but I'll certainly be thankful for the mild temperatures as long as they last - makes being stuck here for the winter not quite as unpleasant as it could be, and thankfully we have no lockdowns happening in our relatively isolated part of the country and very little Covid activity. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Have there been many jumpers this year?

We don’t always here about them although fresh flowers sometimes denotes not just a memory but a new one. I would imagine this year would have been a bad one 

35 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Watching Iowa State take apart Oregon NCAA football 

Lots of Bowl games cancelled this year, huh? Well at least I’ll be watching the championship next week, can’t see Ohio State beating Alabama, but they sure surprised me winning by 3 TD’s against Clemson. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I set my alarm for 2.45am to get up to hopefully watch the Gooners continue their recent winning run.

We scored 4 goals, could have been 6 or 7 but for their keeper, and to paraphrase Bill Shankly "They (West Brom) were lucky to get none!" 🤣

It has been very challenging supporting the Gooners over very many years but sometimes they really do play "The Beautiful Game" and it is all worthwhile.

So, still on a natural high but I will pay for 4 1/2 hours sleep later today.

Daughter had a great time at Harbor mall with her cousin on roller blades a few weeks back.  She asked for a pair, and got them on Christmas,  but then was very hesitant on the road outside the house.  I went out with her today (not on blades, I'm too old) to provide a steadying arm - Harbor mall has bars all along the track you can grab to steady yourself.

That was better, but I noticed her ankles were turning in.  Next time we go out I'll strap on her blades myself to see if we can provide a little more ankle support.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

That time of the year again. Waiting for my car to have its M.O.T test. Fingers crossed, no unsightly repairs required. I never look forward to the suspense, and the Tester always wears a poker face until its done. 

EDIT

Passed. Relief for another year. 

When I read about this sort of annual regulatory tyranny it reminds me of how easy it is to own and operate a vehicle in my neck of the woods, with our private insurance. I bought a used pickup just before Xmas and received a bill of sale from the dealership where I purchased it. In pre-covid times I would then have gone to my insurance agency and taken care of the insurance, then off to our gov't Motor Vehicles dept. to obtain my registration. Now I do all of the insurance stuff online - I send my agent the scanned bill of sale and she sends me the change form for my policy as I am adding this vehicle to an existing policy with others. I sign it electronically and return it, and she then sends me the "pink card" which is proof of insurance to be carried in the vehicle. This particular insurance company doesn't require a mechanical inspection unless the vehicle is at least 15 years old so I am okay with this new unit, being a 2007. I print out the pink card and then it is off to Motor Vehicles with a registration slip from a vehicle I sold previously; I show them this and the license plate it pertains to,  my bill of sale and my insurance card, pay the grand sum of $1 for the registration change and I am out of the door within 15 minutes of arriving there, good to go. 

Now if I lived in British Columbia, our neighbouring province to the south, it would be a totally different story with their province-run insurance and registration - I would not be able to even afford to own the fleet of several vehicles that I now have. I think they have yearly inspections there too, and I know that even if you brought a brand new vehicle over from Alberta, for instance, you would still have to have it inspected before being able to buy insurance and registration for it in BC. Unfortunately, our jurisdiction tends to follow BC's lead in many other legal and governmental matters so it's probably only a matter of time before we are forced into yearly inspections here too - after all, gov'ts can get away with just about anything these days if they can claim it's for "safety", but I'll certainly enjoy things the way they are in the meantime. 

• Like 3