What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

3 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

Just transferred another Aud$1000 (23,000 baht) to Thailand to be given to a temple that cares for children with HIV.

In Australia we have a recycling scheme that pays 10 cents for every bottle and can. Once friends found out what my wife was doing we are getting bags of recyclables dropped off to our place all the time. Since lockdown a lot of people are drinking at home and the amount of bags getting dropped off went viral.

We have now raised several thousand dollars for the kids.

Fantastic !

• Like 1

11 hours ago, boydeste said:

It's my birthday today, I usually spend it in Thailand so it's a bit strange being here under house arrest.

I decided to celebrate with all of the treats that I normally don't allow myself.

So I have :-

two large bars of Toblerone, one white chocolate, one milk,

large bag of Mc Coys ridge cut salt and vinegar chrisps,

Large bag of Kettle chrisps,

6 packs of Walkers cheese and onion chrisps

Large pack of jumbo size salted peanuts

5 large bags of Twiglets.

For refreshment I have 10 cans of Abbot ale and a bottle of Jamasans.

In the pan I have a very large rump steak for dinner later!

I guess I need to stay off the scales for a few days to recover after.

Belated greetings - I am sure you had a good one! 🤣

I vividly still recall my introduction to Abbot Ale.

I had phoned a new insurance broker who had opened up locally in North London to introduce myself and hopefully make a good impression with a view to him marketing our company pension schemes. He worked from home but suggested we meet lunchtime at a Pub in New Barnet which was not that far from where I lived.

It was a Greene King pub, very rare at that time in the area, and as I subsequently found out much loved by the CAMRA crowd.

Abbot Ale was much stronger than any draft beer I had drunk up to that time and 5 or 6 pints later I was rat assed. There was no way I could drive home so I decided to have a little sleep in the car until I felt better. I was lucky to wake up several hours later  as it was winter and I was not far short of being a hypothermia case. I recall driving home and going straight to bed.

We had a great business relationship after that and he turned out to be a retired golf Pro who played several times in the British Open. I made sure he was my partner in Insurance Society days. 🤣

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Jambo said:

Belated greetings - I am sure you had a good one! 🤣

I vividly still recall my introduction to Abbot Ale.

I had phoned a new insurance broker who had opened up locally in North London to introduce myself and hopefully make a good impression with a view to him marketing our company pension schemes. He worked from home but suggested we meet lunchtime at a Pub in New Barnet which was not that far from where I lived.

It was a Greene King pub, very rare at that time in the area, and as I subsequently found out much loved by the CAMRA crowd.

Abbot Ale was much stronger than any draft beer I had drunk up to that time and 5 or 6 pints later I was rat assed. There was no way I could drive home so I decided to have a little sleep in the car until I felt better. I was lucky to wake up several hours later  as it was winter and I was not far short of being a hypothermia case. I recall driving home and going straight to bed.

We had a great business relationship after that and he turned out to be a retired golf Pro who played several times in the British Open. I made sure he was my partner in Insurance Society days. 🤣

Some beers seem to have a different effect to others, I had a similar experience the first time I drank caffrey's. It was so easy to drink and originally stronger than what it is now. After 6 pints in fairly quick successsion, I tried to stand up to go to the toilet and discovered my legs wouldn't work. Didn't feel pissed but I could hardly walk, much to the amusement of my girl friend who had never seen me like that before. LOL  Fortunately she was driving home.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, galenkia said:

Just been watching the first episode of the new series 'Traces' on the BBC iplayer. 

Starts off with a fire in a nightclub called Secrets. 😀

I hardly ever watch films on TV but I do love series and particularly when I come across an old series where you can download the complete series without having to wait a week for the next episode.

It turns out "Traces" was first shown a couple of years ago so I downloaded the torrents for the first two episodes to see if I would like it and just finished watching the first one.

I am not surprised that I really enjoyed it as if there is one thing the BBC do well it is crime/mystery series.

Episode 2 coming up after I have taken the dogs for a walk.

ps:

For a brief moment I thought the name "Secrets" on the sign for the burnt club was exactly the same type face as our Secrets but actually not quite the same but very similar. Then, very early in the episode it mentions the name "Ratree." That made me sit up as many of us ex FLB regulars at one time referred to the " Ratree experience." 🤣

• Like 2

On 1/10/2021 at 1:25 AM, Nickrock said:

Watching batman forever while I find some energy and enthusiasm to carry on moving house

Found moving bloody hard work. Difficult, but essential ( was for me ) to throw away stuff that was kept for mainly sentimental reasons.

Had to remove the instrument cluster from my Ford F150 for some repairs - replace a burnt-out bulb and re-solder a resistor connection - easy to remove from the truck but a bit of a pain to tear the cluster itself apart as you have to pull all of the gauge needles from their shafts to open it up; happily everything is working fine now it's back in the truck.

Thanks to YouTube for providing the instructions...

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

2 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Had to remove the instrument cluster from my Ford F150 for some repairs - replace a burnt-out bulb and re-solder a resistor connection - easy to remove from the truck but a bit of a pain to tear the cluster itself apart as you have to pull all of the gauge needles from their shafts to open it up; happily everything is working fine now it's back in the truck.

Thanks to YouTube for providing the instructions...

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

I can remember a time after passing my driving test when each of my ongoing cars were all basically old heaps and needed constant attention just to keep running. When something major went they were just dumped.

I thought nothing of doing my own routine repairs such as changing the plugs; adjusting the points; a new water pump; bleeding the brakes; filling holes in the exhaust etc etc etc.

Now I open up the bonnet of my car and wonder what I am looking at because most of what I see I don't recognise. I check the oil and ocasionally top up the brake fluid and water for the squishers and that is about the lot.

I cannot apparently even change the battery because it needs to be coded or something? Not that the battery needs topping up with distilled water any more. It just works.....................until it doesn't. 🙂

Does it still have plugs?

f**k knows where they are?