What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Watching Liverpool vs Man Utd,didn't get up until after 12 as I was watching the cricket in bed on my laptop,thank f**k Sri Lanka batted so badly in their first innings,100 more we'd be in deep poo.

No effing way I'm getting up at 0430 to watch the rest of it.

• Haha 1

Up late as I had a few glasses of wine last night.

Pretty miserable outside as it has been most of the past week, but the house is nice and warm and I have downloaded the first 2 series of Broardwalk Empire. A mate tells me it's a good watch.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pacific storm moving in as forecast - blowing like hell and starting to snow, supposed to be rain this afternoon; thankfully I don't have to go anywhere today so will just have a lazy one at home...maybe head out to the pub later if I feel like it...

Planning my main meal for tonight.

Been on a very strict low carb diet which enables me to eat a wide selection of food I really enjoy and still the weight drops most every day and I never feel hungry. I am not going to eat one single item that I do not enjoy just because it is low in carbs.

Basically, all the crap I used to eat on top of the good stuff was full of carbs. That however still leaves the good stuff so tonight I will have a grilled sirloin steak from Oz with brocolli and mushrooms stir fried in coconut oil. I have to remember to put the bottle of coconut cooking oil out in the sun because it turns white and solid overnight.

I had to cut out milk because all types of milk has loads of carbs. On the other hand I discovered to my amazement that proper cream and butter does not. Neither does Greek yoghurt with a few rasberries. 🤣

The only downside of my version of a low carb diet is that I  suffered the first week from a couple of the common side effects. Days 2 - 4 I had absolutely no energy at all and it was so bad I thought of giving up. I also had the absolute galloping shits one afternoon. That, I am pleased to say is behind me now as my body must be fueling up on fat finding no carbs for sustenance.

I do miss some of the Thai food that Sai used to cook for me but rice and noodles are a No/No for the next few months as I have set myself very ambitious targets. I am down 6 kilo's this month so far which is the best part of a stone in real money. I know that you lose a lot early doors but when you find you cannot get into your two best pairs of Levi's any more and your wife says you are size "fat bastard" it is time to to get ones act together. 🤣

Edited by Jambo
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

49 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Days 2 - 4 I had absolutely no energy at all and it was so bad I thought of giving up. I also had the absolute galloping shits one afternoon. That, I am pleased to say is behind me now as my body must be fueling up on fat finding no carbs for sustenance.

I find a small number of strawberries mid afternoon helps when doing low carb. 50-60 gms of carb is still considered low carb.

Some carbs in the form of sugar in strawberries but its pretty low.

The brain has first call on the glucose your body makes from the strawberries which helps overcome lack of energy.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Just watching the inauguration of Joe Biden so decided to have my first pint for a week or two. It is 'Old Peculiar' and that is really in honour of the outgoing president and not the new one.

Nigella's recipe of the day was a "Bitter Orange Tart " 🙂 555

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Just watching the inauguration of Joe Biden so decided to have my first pint for a week or two. It is 'Old Peculiar' and that is really in honour of the outgoing president and not the new one.

There are not that many things I miss from the UK but a pint or three of real British, room temperature, proper beer is right up near the top of the list.

I will be visiting family in Scotland so it will be Deuchars IPA in East Calder or 80/- in "The Diggers" next to the Hearts in Edinburgh itself. 🤗

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

Went ice fishing yesterday for the first time in years but didn't catch anything - lovely day at -10C with almost no wind so a nice outing anyway:

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

I'd love that..no one else about Perfection..do you have any Huskies 

3 minutes ago, Washedup said:

I'd love that..no one else about Perfection..do you have any Huskies 

No, I don't have any pets but have plenty of friends that do; I'd love to have a dog but in normal times I am gone overseas for half the year and hardly fair to the animal...

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/20/2021 at 11:03 AM, Horizondave said:

I used to enjoy Old Peculiar at Old Chicago bar/restaurants back in the day. Did their world beer tour.

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

Went ice fishing yesterday for the first time in years but didn't catch anything - lovely day at -10C with almost no wind so a nice outing anyway:

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

Those sledge bike things look interesting, are they powerful?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, boydeste said:

Those sledge bike things look interesting, are they powerful?

"Sledge bike things? - lol, that's a new one. They are commonly referred to as snowmobiles and have been around since the early to mid sixties; these two are utility sleds with 500cc fan-cooled two-cycle twins so are really not built for speed, but some of the performance models available today are spectacular - think 1100cc turbocharged four cylinder four-cycles with up to 340+ hp....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1