What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Yesterday when we got up the boiler wasn't working so reset it & it went ok.

Today the same but reset didn't work so did some internet research & poured hot water over the condensate pipe & hey presto it's working again.Have to look at getting some lagging for it.

2 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Yesterday when we got up the boiler wasn't working so reset it & it went ok.

Today the same but reset didn't work so did some internet research & poured hot water over the condensate pipe & hey presto it's working again.Have to look at getting some lagging for it.

A friend of mine had his old oil furnace changed to a propane unit last summer - quite a popular conversion hereabouts because of all of the BS surrounding fuel tank replacement - and has had all kinds of trouble with it in the cold weather we have been having; the installer and the propane service have both been passing the buck about who is responsible for repair. I still have oil heat myself which will need upgrading this summer but in the winter I use my woodstove as much as possible, however in the -30C weather we have been having I can only make about 5-6 hrs on a load of wood so have to get up at least once in the middle of the night to replenish the load - thankfully I never sleep more than three or four hours at a stretch so it's not such a big deal, and it is a lovely radiant heat. The stove's damper (air intake) is controlled electrically by a thermostat and keeps the house heat absolutely constant as long as there is wood in the firebox...

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

A friend of mine had his old oil furnace changed to a propane unit last summer - quite a popular conversion hereabouts because of all of the BS surrounding fuel tank replacement - and has had all kinds of trouble with it in the cold weather we have been having; the installer and the propane service have both been passing the buck about who is responsible for repair. I still have oil heat myself which will need upgrading this summer but in the winter I use my woodstove as much as possible, however in the -30C weather we have been having I can only make about 5-6 hrs on a load of wood so have to get up at least once in the middle of the night to replenish the load - thankfully I never sleep more than three or four hours at a stretch so it's not such a big deal, and it is a lovely radiant heat. The stove's damper (air intake) is controlled electrically by a thermostat and keeps the house heat absolutely constant as long as there is wood in the firebox...

Its been around 1C here all week , I've only been out a couple of times and already as depressed as fcuk , thankfully we should be back to double figures next week .... no way could I cope where you are 555 👍

2 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Its been around 1C here all week , I've only been out a couple of times and already as depressed as fcuk , thankfully we should be back to double figures next week .... no way could I cope where you are 555 👍

I'm getting tired of it too, believe me - but the clear weather that brings the cold also brings lovely sunny afternoons where the temperature rises to -20C or so, much nicer - and I can see the sun's path getting higher in the sky every day as well so this keeps up the hope of spring. It's also a nice break from having to move fresh snow every other day, lol...

• Like 3

I enjoyed watching the second half of the W v S rugby.

Been very cold here again and dropped to minus 13 last night. My pond froze for the first time this year.

Wrapped up well with a neck snood for my afternoon walk, they are a game changer if you spend anytime outside in the cold.

Now sat watching YT with a pint of Abbott ale.

• Surprised 1

10 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Had a shocker tonight ...

Was brutal!

Fair play to him for trying to make a fight of it, but he should have never been allowed to continue and take those punches, where the f**k were his corner!  Must've been because his Da was in the corner.

6 minutes ago, boydeste said:

The good thing is that the forcast predicts it changing tomorrow and daytime temps will climb back into double figures. That will be nice!

Yup. 11° here tomorrow forecast.... with the added bonus of rain all week!!

• Like 1

Fucking about with my Lenovo lapper all morning, wifi shows connected, but no internet.  Can't get it going at all.

Definitely the laptop, as phone is okay on wifi, and i'm now on an old samsung laptop.

Have another f**k about with it later, no good, drop it into the a repair shop tomorrow.

Haven't a clue what i'm doing, though ...

Wondering if we have any BMs from Suffolk ... 😉

https://www.suffolkgazette.com/news/suffolk-man-sex-with-tractors/

A Suffolk man with a bizarre sexual attraction to tractors has been banned from the countryside and forced to sign the sex offenders register.

Ralph Bishop, 53, was found by police with his trousers around his ankles “interfering” with a tractor parked in a field outside Saxmundham.

He was arrested on suspicion of outraging public decency and admitted to having had sex with around 450 tractors all over the Suffolk countryside.

When officers searched his terraced home they found a collection of more than 5,000 tractor images on his laptop.

The photos showed Bishop had a special desire for John Deere and Massey Ferguson tractors, particularly green ones.

• Haha 4
  • Surprised 1

2 hours ago, Krapow said:

Fucking about with my Lenovo lapper all morning, wifi shows connected, but no internet.  Can't get it going at all.

Definitely the laptop, as phone is okay on wifi, and i'm now on an old samsung laptop.

Have another f**k about with it later, no good, drop it into the a repair shop tomorrow.

Haven't a clue what i'm doing, though ...

My Lenovo sometimes drops the WIFI while mobiles etc are still connected.  Sometimes I just restart the laptop to get it back (had to restart twice on one occasion) and other times I have noticed the WIFI box is greyed out on the pop up after clicking on the WIFI icon on the task bar, just needed to click on the greyed out box.

If all fails just switch off and turn on before heading to the repair shop, sure it will be Ok then.