What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Woke up again with no hang over, fairly unknown for me at the weekend. Have enough no/low beer to get me through tonight so hopefully monday morning my stats will be as they are normally midweek.

Really enjoying the snooker this week, but it does make me lazy. Not done jack shit all week apart from my daily walks. Hope to change that tomorrow when the weather looks mild and I can do some more work on my cleaning up my pond water.

Surprised to see Ronnie 3 to 1 behind to a relatively unknown, but he deserves to be as playing crap. Hopefully he will come back out with a bit of his normal class.

• Thumbs Up 2

Had a decent happy hour in the pub yesterday, where one of my buddies gave me a pot cookie that his wife had baked - I ate that when I got home and was in bed asleep by 9:30PM - and kept sleeping on and off with great dreams until after 0800 this morning...meanwhile we had a dump of 10cm of snow last night and now that it has finally stopped falling, I guess it's time to get outside and start clearing it...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

Had a decent happy hour in the pub yesterday, where one of my buddies gave me a pot cookie that his wife had baked - I ate that when I got home and was in bed asleep by 9:30PM - and kept sleeping on and off with great dreams until after 0800 this morning...meanwhile we had a dump of 10cm of snow last night and now that it has finally stopped falling, I guess it's time to get outside and start clearing it...

Happy hour turned into a happy night.

Watching the final of the snooker.

Ronnie starting to get his game together a bit.

Awoke to a quiet house this morning.  Bliss.

They're all at the Monday dahlat for the 20Baht T-shirts, so the truck is still outside, but they've already loaded it so there will only be a short bout of screaming toddlers and loud goodbyes when they get back.

We go up-country for a couple weeks around Songkran, but at least we have our own place there.  I think before then I'll head over to Pattaya for a few days to see what's left.

• Like 1

Managed to make it through the weekend with no booze, on the scales this morning and haven't gained anymore weight. ( I normally gain at weekends ). Now to loose some more midweek!

Just taken my blood pressure and it's 116/85, that's the lowest it has ever been on a Monday morning since monitoring it. My BP has fallen quite a bit since I started to only drink at weekends, but I was interested to see how low it would go with no booze at all. I get my covid jab tommorow so I plan to not drink for another week.

Very mild today, overcast but dry for now. Catching up with a few emails then it's clean the cooker and go for a walk.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

Managed to make it through the weekend with no booze, on the scales this morning and haven't gained anymore weight. ( I normally gain at weekends ). Now to loose some more midweek!

Just taken my blood pressure and it's 116/85, that's the lowest it has ever been on a Monday morning since monitoring it. My BP has fallen quite a bit since I started to only drink at weekends, but I was interested to see how low it would go with no booze at all. I get my covid jab tommorow so I plan to not drink for another week.

Very mild today, overcast but dry for now. Catching up with a few emails then it's clean the cooker and go for a walk.

Not had mine done in ages, must be well down compared to my drinking days. Just the redness in my face made me look like I was going to have a stroke. 

Good luck with the cutting down mate. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, galenkia said:

Not had mine done in ages, must be well down compared to my drinking days. Just the redness in my face made me look like I was going to have a stroke. 

Good luck with the cutting down mate. 

Thanks mate.

You are an inspiration to me for sure!

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, boydeste said:

I monitor my  BP regularly myself because every single time I get it taken by a third party it rockets very high. I nearly lost getting a new job once because because of "white coat syndrome". Ever since then I try not to worry it might be high and then of course it is. So I have to sit down for half an hour and then it usually drops back to acceptable levels when getting a check up etc.

When I take my BP myself with a Boots piece of kit it has been about 130/80 which given my age etc did not cause me much concern.

Except I am now into my 7th week on this low/carb diet and it has had a quite dramatic effect on my BP which has steadily been falling. Today's reading was 99/65 which is the lowest I can ever remember since I ceased running 5 nights a week in my late 30's.

Maybe I should start worrying it is too low and that will push it up a bit?

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just got up and on my second cup of coffee. The temperature in London has risen significant over the last few days. The sun is shining and I have turned  off the central heating. Lots of stuff to do today,but probably won't get through half of it as usual, but the change of weather has made a difference to my state of mind during lockdown, coupled with some optimism that we are on our way out of this Covid shit storm. 

Hoping to capture some precious natural vitamin D today whilst the weather lasts. I might even wear my Thai cargo shorts today which are now 2 sizes too big 😁

Have a good day everyone, what ever you are doing 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

I monitor my  BP regularly myself because every single time I get it taken by a third party it rockets very high. I nearly lost getting a new job once because because of "white coat syndrome". Ever since then I try not to worry it might be high and then of course it is. So I have to sit down for half an hour and then it usually drops back to acceptable levels when getting a check up etc.

When I take my BP myself with a Boots piece of kit it has been about 130/80 which given my age etc did not cause me much concern.

Except I am now into my 7th week on this low/carb diet and it has had a quite dramatic effect on my BP which has steadily been falling. Today's reading was 99/65 which is the lowest I can ever remember since I ceased running 5 nights a week in my late 30's.

Maybe I should start worrying it is too low and that will push it up a bit?

130/80 is good for your age, that is my doctors target for me too!

I found that as well as booze, weight loss had a big factor in bringing mine down.

99/65 is amazing. Well done.

• Like 2

I had to go to immigration because the online 90 day report site is down.  A 25 minute drive to do a 5 minute process.  Oh well, at least there's a pretty good lunch buffet at Old Germany restaurant near there.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tko said:

I had to go to immigration because the online 90 day report site is down.  A 25 minute drive to do a 5 minute process.  Oh well, at least there's a pretty good lunch buffet at Old Germany restaurant near there.

That is interesting.

My mate Sweatie told me last night that he just went to do his 90 day in Jomtien and they have added a couple of minor requirements. I actually wasn't initially listening too closely as he has a habit of causing himself additional work at Immigration but it seemed he had to just obtain a couple of photocopies from his passport which they have never asked me for before.

He started off so dramatically with the words "I had a problem with my 90 day" that I feared the worse. 

I hope the online service being down is only temporary because I will be "up country" when mine falls due next month.

Edited by Jambo

3 hours ago, Jambo said:

That is interesting.

My mate Sweatie told me last night that he just went to do his 90 day in Jomtien and they have added a couple of minor requirements. I actually wasn't initially listening too closely as he has a habit of causing himself additional work at Immigration but it seemed he had to just obtain a couple of photocopies from his passport which they have never asked me for before.

He started off so dramatically with the words "I had a problem with my 90 day" that I feared the worse. 

I hope the online service being down is only temporary because I will be "up country" when mine falls due next month.

At Maptaphut yesterday they just wanted the TM47 and the passport.  I got the 90 day queue ticket from the machine and before I could sit down they called me to the window.

I've done the same when we're at the country house and my 90 day comes due, so hopefully the online service is back soon.

• Great Info 1

5 hours ago, Jambo said:

That is interesting.

I am not trying to "bark" at you .. but, for me .. I just have a guy that takes care of me for the last 25 some odd years or so here .. I have seldom been to the immigration department here .. maybe 1 time

Never do I worry about staying legal here ... he just comes to me and takes care .... you can trust him

If you want I can give you a number to call ...

The whole thing is a big hassle ... getting into a taki to chatu to jack .. that is a mess .. .. a gigantic hassle dealing with the traffic there  .. at least 2 hours ...just getting there ... plus, I never drive in BKK ..

Edited by code_slayer_bkk