What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

4 hours ago, tko said:

At Maptaphut yesterday they just wanted the TM47 and the passport.  I got the 90 day queue ticket from the machine and before I could sit down they called me to the window.

I've done the same when we're at the country house and my 90 day comes due, so hopefully the online service is back soon.

You don't need a TM47 at Immigration in Jomtien just your passport. Normally in and out in less than 5 minutes.

Unfortunately my next visit to Bangsaray/Pattaya will not coincide with the date my 90 day falls due so I need to use the online service. I do not want to use the local Immigration "Up Country" as better the devil you know.

9 minutes ago, Jambo said:

You don't need a TM47 at Immigration in Jomtien just your passport. Normally in and out in less than 5 minutes.

Unfortunately my next visit to Bangsaray/Pattaya will not coincide with the date my 90 day falls due so I need to use the online service. I do not want to use the local Immigration "Up Country" as better the devil you know.

The TM47 just saves a step, I've gone in without it before.  Like all my immigration forms, it's saved pre-filled on the computer.  I just change the date and print it out.

My previous post was probably unclear, I was saying when I'm up country and my 90 day is due, I prefer to do it online listing my address down here as I imagine you do.  Not only is the immigration office farther away up country, but they're a not as easy to deal with as Maptaphut.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Channeling my inner Percy Thrower ...... Just ordered some packets of seeds to try and grow in pots on my balcony - Thai Basil , Holy Basil , Coriander, Chives , Spearmint & Chillis ( Anaheim and Etna ) 

Pretty sure holy basil won’t work, needs tropical environment mate from what I understand 😊

10 hours ago, Sangsom said:

Fair enough, it was the balcony comment that made me think otherwise 😊

My wife grows Holy Basil inside the kitchen window in a box but she does say it is best outdoors in a warm environment as inside it needs to be warm in winter to grow successfully.

Just been speaking with NS and I about my premium bonds. 

Hadn't checked them in years and I have moved twice since the last letter I received so thought it an idea to let them know my updated details. Took ages to do including a credit identity check and new passwords but after all that I still hadn't won anything.

Many people have thousands in bonds and win often; as for me my dad bought me £5 of bonds in 1957 and another £5 in 1979 and yet I haven't won a cent. 

Glad I updated the details though.

46 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Just been speaking with NS and I about my premium bonds. 

Hadn't checked them in years and I have moved twice since the last letter I received so thought it an idea to let them know my updated details. Took ages to do including a credit identity check and new passwords but after all that I still hadn't won anything.

Many people have thousands in bonds and win often; as for me my dad bought me £5 of bonds in 1957 and another £5 in 1979 and yet I haven't won a cent. 

Glad I updated the details though.

An uncle bought me £5 of bonds when I was born in 1961. Never won a penny!

• Sad 1

Found out last night that my best mate in my Oman days had died from a heart attack.His missus died a couple of years ago.I was best man at his wedding in Houston in 1986 & he subsequently took US nationality.I guess I can't go to his funeral because of Covid & probably don't want to for the same reason.Feeling very sad as a mutual friend of ours has just had an op in Bangkok for a malignant melanoma & isn't looking too good.

• Sad 6

On 2/25/2021 at 12:59 AM, Stillearly said:

Channeling my inner Percy Thrower ...... Just ordered some packets of seeds to try and grow in pots on my balcony - Thai Basil , Holy Basil , Coriander, Chives , Spearmint & Chillis ( Anaheim and Etna ) 

I'm channeling my inner Cheech and Chong. 🤔 I've also ordered some seeds to try and grow some 555

IMG_20210227_155939.jpg

Edited by bexwell
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

Last hour, complete pain in the arse 

My Huawei tablet, which I mainly use for this forum was continually running out of memory, dispute cleaning up and removing some Apps. 

Decided to reset it back to factory and back up few files

Tried to sign in here with correct PW about 10 times. 

Left it for 10 minutes and got on. No idea what happened. 

Managed to load a few apps and sign in OK

That said, got everything back to how it was and its fast and stable again. Must by a micro memory card from Amazon today 

21 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Never seen a ref this bad in Rugby.

Must be French with a chip about Brexit.

He wasn't impressive, but it could have been a blind drunk bigoted Scotsman and it would still have been the same result.

Too many England players with no brains again.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, KWA said:

He wasn't impressive, but it could have been a blind drunk bigoted Scotsman and it would still have been the same result.

Too many England players with no brains again.

The ref clearly f***d up big time, but I can't argue with your last comment.

It has always surprised me how many penalties we give away at international level.

• Like 1