What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Been waiting in all days for a couple of deliveries, some new shoes and a batch of non alcohol beers to try.

Both have just turned up so I am free to go for a walk. Been raining most of the day so I haven't missed much. Looks to have stopped now so time to get off my lazy ass.

3 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Think you are meant to do it on a particular day, in Wales that is the 21st March or soon after but not before.

You can do it before, providing that the people that you declare as being in your house on the set date for your location is correct and also that all the other boxes you tick are the correct information at the time of signing the form.   

I did mine over a week ago in England.🤔 

1 minute ago, KhunDon said:

You can do it before, providing that the people that you declare as being in your house on the set date for your location is correct and also that all the other boxes you tick are the correct information at the time of signing the form.   

I did mine over a week ago in England.🤔 

Of course I could do it earlier as I am 100% sure the info I could put in today would be the same as on 21 March but I will probably wait till that time just in case my situation does change lol

• Like 1

I must be a dinosaur as watching the constant pushing of womens football on BT and BBC in their main sports news items and during men's football breaks kind of doesn't feel right to me.

If I am honest I would rather watch a men's Sunday league football game live on TV and I am certainly not interested that some female footballer has been transferred to Barcelona or that the Chelsea womens manager is being lined up for the England team.

The BT pundit table tonight for the Chelsea v Everton game was all women, not a man in sight.

Now don't get me wrong there are some amazing female sports personalities in tennis, athletics, skiing, swimming etc but this whole emphasis on highlighting the womens football leagues and the players involved etc just leaves me cold.  It just is such a poor example of what is seen as a great sporting spectacle.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Krapow said:

Bored as f**k with this 'Megan and Harry' shite!

Never thought i'd have see the day i'd be screaming for Covid stuff on the news, instead of this shite!

I didn't watch ... I feel sorry for Harry though .. this gal really knows how to "drive" a wedge between a family .. no respect!

Not for me to say ... but, I will say anyway .. love I understand - but you cannot be spineless ....

Lunch on the balcony in quarantine bkk,kinda reminds me when i used to have breakfast on balcony in pattaya every morning and browsing the boards, sticky rice,pork,spicy red sauce,some veg,,not to bad small portions but itll be good to lose a few pounds.🔨

• Like 2

7 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I didn't watch ... I feel sorry for Harry though .. this gal really knows how to "drive" a wedge between a family .. no respect!

Not for me to say ... but, I will say anyway .. love I understand - but you cannot be spineless ....

His betrayal shows a weakness. Cant be seen as anything else. Wish they didn't get all this publicity....Kitchen sink soap drama, is for old ladies and sad people.  IMO...

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Had a lazy day on the internet and watching a few youtube vids.

It was nice to take a walk in the sun for a change, I was going to do 5 miles but my headset started to bleep low battery as I was at the Juncture of choosing 3 miles or 5. 3 won the day.

I am now showered, fed and sat back for an evening of TV.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Beautiful sunny day today, but cold overnight at -23C - this will rise to -6C or so by mid-afternoon. Off to my buddie's autobody shop for a couple of lunchtime beer - we do this three or four times a week, this guy at 72 has to be the hardest-working guy I've ever met and it's nice to share a break with him sometimes, I've known him since I was a teenager. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, boydeste said:

Had a lazy day on the internet and watching a few youtube vids.

It was nice to take a walk in the sun for a change, I was going to do 5 miles but my headset started to bleep low battery as I was at the Juncture of choosing 3 miles or 5. 3 won the day.

I am now showered, fed and sat back for an evening of TV.

Haha, I’ve been there before. But I find getting dressed and out the house is the toughest part, once you’re walking you think “this ain’t so bad,now)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Beautiful sunny day today, but cold overnight at -23C - this will rise to -6C or so by mid-afternoon. Off to my buddie's autobody shop for a couple of lunchtime beer - we do this three or four times a week, this guy at 72 has to be the hardest-working guy I've ever met and it's nice to share a break with him sometimes, I've known him since I was a teenager. 

Cold overnight at -23c bloody hell thats an understatement 😆 where do you live the artic circle !, when its -2 in scotland we say its friggin baltic and im freezing my balls off ! -23c oocha.

Enjoying the sounds of the skye train tannoy,elec saw and thai music in the distance,the different birds singing their own songs,city line train going by every 10 minutes or so to airport,watchin the other guys chilling on their balconys,quite a few asians here,chinese/korean/japs hard to tell from a distance but im surprised,id say the hotel is 70- 80% full,all in all another great day in quarantine day 5,think ive got covid test today or tomorrow,bloody looking forward to that first cold chang its going to be heavenly.

Edited by Phantom51red
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Got a new MOT yesterday on the motor, it is an old car and was sold to me by a very dear departed friend. 

Knew I needed new rear shock absorbers and had to have a rear window wiper motor fitted but unfortunately a coil spring which had broken on a front shock absorber could not be taken off the mounting as it had corroded on. Heating, WD40 just wouldn't move it so a new shock was needed which added to the cost.  Saw the offending shock with unmovable joint and it did look bad but as I always look at ensuring my 5 year old is safe it was a no brainer to get it all sorted.

Great believer in saving money and my garage has been really good to me, they had advised that the rear wiper motor would be about £170 new and if I could get one cheaper before bringing it in for it's MOT I would benefit. They had advised EBAY which I used and sourced a refurbished used wiper motor from a Swindon dealer (scrap merchant probably but with 17000 likes and 5 star rating), it cost me £14.99 including delivery.  The same motor new in Halfords was anywhere from £170 - £220. The used one was fitted and this morning it was needed as the weather has changed for the worse, it performed admirably and I am happy with myself for investing time to save the money.

30 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Woke up this morning feeling a bit achy .. plus I have spent all my savings on Microsoft products and a framed picture of Bill Gates ... weird 😉 

You wait until you get near a 5G network, screwed me up for 3 days!

• Haha 2

Dragged myself out of bed early for me. 9am.

My Census dropped throught the door yesterday so I went on the Government site and completed it online. Very easy and quick.

It's pissing it down outside so no motivation to do much again apart from a walk later.

My 10 year old Probook crashed on me yesterday from over heating. The cooling fan wasn't running. Tried to strip the laptop out to clean, but gave up when I realised what was involved and I just couldn't be bothered to completely strip it. Why laptops are built this way I have no idea.

Plan B was to use my hoover on full kack against the intake and outtake vents to try to suck out any dirt and to force the fan to rotate. This worked and the fan ran noisily for a while, but has settled down to being quiet now.

The realisation that I can't expect it to run forever and with W7 now not being supported, it is perhaps time for a new one. So it's research time for a similar sized machine to meet current needs.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

Cold overnight at -23c bloody hell thats an understatement 😆 where do you live the artic circle !, when its -2 in scotland we say its friggin baltic and im freezing my balls off ! -23c oocha.

I live just north of the 60th parallel in northern Canada, about 100 miles inland from the Pacific Ocean; our weather tends to be an ongoing battle between cold arctic front and warm pacific front, and right now the arctic front is winning - it's nice to have a high pressure cell keeping our skies clear after a winter of record snowfall. Yesterday's temperature reached -4C before falling back again overnight. Our cold is a very dry one, much easier to live with than your wet UK cold and I too would probably be uncomfortable there at -2. 

For the record, I did live one year considerably north of the Arctic Circle and have no desire to repeat the experience - short, intense summer and very long, dark winter - no thanks. 

Right now, I am sitting here at 0630 and listening to the coyotes howl on the hill @200m from my house at the end of the cut-de-sac I live on - they've been doing this now for several nights in a row. 

• Like 2