What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Getting ready to head out to the gym this morning, Sunday was fun. These 2 "heffers" were debating the Covid Vaccine Shot so everyone could hear right? One was for it, the other obviously was not and was not about to back down from her opinions. 

My buddy came over to me and asked me if I brought my 9MM Glock with me??  LOL!  Then said "You know instead of debating the Covid shot, they should both get back on the treadmill, push themselves away from the dinner table at night and stop going to Taco Bell 4 times a week"  I agree. 

I like this guy. Another day in "Man Jose" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just watched a news report special on Sky, about meth in Thailand, ice and yaba.

Apparently Thailand is now the worst country in the world for meth use, they were saying a yaba tablet costs less than 1p to produce across the border, so doesn't really matter how much is caught, it's so cheap and so easy to make.

Showed you prisons full of teenagers, packed, all for meth use.

2 hours ago, Krapow said:

Just watched a news report special on Sky, about meth in Thailand, ice and yaba.

Apparently Thailand is now the worst country in the world for meth use, they were saying a yaba tablet costs less than 1p to produce across the border, so doesn't really matter how much is caught, it's so cheap and so easy to make.

Showed you prisons full of teenagers, packed, all for meth use.

+1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Getting ready to head out to the gym this morning, Sunday was fun. These 2 "heffers" were debating the Covid Vaccine Shot so everyone could hear right? One was for it, the other obviously was not and was not about to back down from her opinions. 

My buddy came over to me and asked me if I brought my 9MM Glock with me??  LOL!  Then said "You know instead of debating the Covid shot, they should both get back on the treadmill, push themselves away from the dinner table at night and stop going to Taco Bell 4 times a week"  I agree. 

I like this guy. Another day in "Man Jose" 

Don’t you be talking bad ‘bout Taco Bell, Willis

• Like 1

14 hours ago, boydeste said:

Dragged myself out of bed early for me. 9am.

My Census dropped throught the door yesterday so I went on the Government site and completed it online. Very easy and quick.

It's pissing it down outside so no motivation to do much again apart from a walk later.

My 10 year old Probook crashed on me yesterday from over heating. The cooling fan wasn't running. Tried to strip the laptop out to clean, but gave up when I realised what was involved and I just couldn't be bothered to completely strip it. Why laptops are built this way I have no idea.

Plan B was to use my hoover on full kack against the intake and outtake vents to try to suck out any dirt and to force the fan to rotate. This worked and the fan ran noisily for a while, but has settled down to being quiet now.

The realisation that I can't expect it to run forever and with W7 now not being supported, it is perhaps time for a new one. So it's research time for a similar sized machine to meet current needs.

Bro .. just make sure you get at a minimum 16gb ( 64 gb preferably - but, that can get a little costly ) and an SSD hard drive to plop on the operating system ... good SSD drives are cheap ...

WIN10 isn't so bad once you strip out the bullshit ..  telemetry , etc.  ... I have a number of scripts I can send to you to "clean" up Win10 ... plus, there are a number of things you need to "turn off" in WIn10 and I have a cheat sheet for that as well ....

• Like 2

Waiting to be picked up for my 11,30 am covid test,slightly miffed ,nurse reply we have many people test today,,hmm 😷

12,30 pm not bad,least i got my lunch down at 12,20 people tested today 10 first dose 10 on their 2nd dose.

Edited by Phantom51red

Just been on the phone with the volunteer co-ordinator at our local vaccination place. Could I help steward victims Saturday week?  As I was talking to her my phone bleeped with a message inviting me to get my first jab on the same day....

We agreed I'd help out in the morning, and get jabbed before I left at the end of the session. Apparently I'm one of a thousand victims that day, and 5000 in the 4 days after that.

Edited by Painter
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Enjoying the sights and sounds from the balcony in quarantine,finished breakfast,i now heat the lukewarm omlette and sausage on the elec rings,before id heat the plate,but 2 plates broke as i forgot about them,so better idea heat the food.

3 blocks in this hotel all 5 floors apart from A, 5 rooms on each floor,the 1 to left of me C block looks like all asians i can only see 10 balconys further back in the block C the balconys face the side of my block B so shit view if anyone in them,looks like 3 empty rooms out of those 10 i can see as curtains been closed chairs not moved since i arrived.Block A sticks out further to my right has 12 rooms 4  floors high,4 falalng  guys and 1 falang female,3 asians so other rooms must be empty.

Tomorrow will be a week up already,dont know why but nights seems slower,took resistance bands with me and walk 2000 steps before breakfast then workout after breaky till lunch,nap in afternoon,then online till dinner,so days pass quick.

Still waiting on results of first covid test from yesterday, im pretty sure it should be neg,but these storys of false negs and symptomatic bother me.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Enjoying the fact that I do not have to do one of my daily morning chores...............watering the garden.

Sai does the afternoon shift.

About 6.30pm yesterday I watched Sai finish about 45 minutes of watering her many different types of vegetables, other assorted shrubs, flowers and hanging baskets. The very second she turned off the garden tap there was a clap of thunder and it commenced absolutely pissing down with rain for the first time in over a month.

We fell about laughing until we realised the strong wind was blowing rain over the wall of our patio and over a line of loungers and beds for the dogs. All hands to the pump,so to speak. 😀

Our 4 dogs hate the rain. Even though they are dry they get really miserable and lethargic. It was dry (not raining) this morning but I had a real job getting them out for their morning walk when normally they half kill me in the rush to be first out of the gate.

Hopefully it has got rid of the haze pollution for a while.

• Like 3

Well, I partied my ass off all night ... met a gal I know in Ekamai ... hung out and I drank a shit load of beer , came back to my condo .... we had a blast ... problem is that when you "play you pay" ( not so much the baht ) but the brutal hang over .....

Plus, I always get out of bed at 4:30 am ... once I am past that time I cannot sleep ... my body and brain will not let me ... so, I am sitting here -- been at it all night ( she is sleeping ) ... trying to get it together ..... paying the price right now ....  it sucks!

But, it is another day .. so, I gotta make the most of it .. cowboy the f**k up !

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

Still waiting on results of first covid test from yesterday, im pretty sure it should be neg,but these storys of false negs and symptomatic bother me.

Keep lucky.  I just read this report from a guy who failed a test in quarantine.  10 days compulsory hospital stay.  On the bright side, he got a refund for the unused days in his quarantine hotel!

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33091203-post1140.html

• Like 1
  • Great Info 2

22 minutes ago, KWA said:

Keep lucky.  I just read this report from a guy who failed a test in quarantine.  10 days compulsory hospital stay.  On the bright side, he got a refund for the unused days in his quarantine hotel!

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33091203-post1140.html

Just read it and presume when he states his 2nd covid test came back pos that he already asked for a repeat test as day 5 is your 1st test,his room looked ok to be honest apart from the bed and no balcony,always a worry with insurance comps glad they settled his bill for him.

Got my test results back pdf file by line nurse

At top is written sars-cov -2 : not detected.Underneath this has 2 lines

the same for 1st line as above then below that  2nd line it says sars-cov detected !  but in big black letters at top not detected, i guess id be whisked off by now or line nurse would have told me pos if it was,,ffs tho gave me  doubts for a min.

On 3/10/2021 at 4:09 PM, code_slayer_bkk said:

WIN10 isn't so bad once you strip out the bullshit ..  telemetry , etc.  ... I have a number of scripts I can send to you to "clean" up Win10 ... plus, there are a number of things you need to "turn off" in WIn10 and I have a cheat sheet for that as well

Could you PM me with that or even better, post it here for everybody please?

54 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Just read it and presume when he states his 2nd covid test came back pos that he already asked for a repeat test as day 5 is your 1st test . . . .

I think some places are giving you one on arrival so your first and second will be their second and third respectively.

• Great Info 1

32 minutes ago, KWA said:

I think some places are giving you one on arrival so your first and second will be their second and third respectively.

That would make sense,you would think after your first test reading neg theres no way 2nd or 3rd could be pos as  confined to room so no contact with anyone and impossible it would seem to catch,tit tho.

1 hour ago, Mrmango said:

Could you PM me with that or even better, post it here for everybody please?

https://github.com/svenmauch/WinSlap

This is a great tool ....

Before you run .. Create a RESTORE POINT ...

Then this is what I "disable" ...  there are still a couple I keep enabled .. but, all of these settings / configurations are useless ..... especially telemetry ... the "bloat" is useless ...

Don't disable One Drive if you use ....

These are the preferred settings I have used to "disable" these useless "services" ….

• Disable Shared Experiences
  • Disable Cortana
  • Disable Game DVR and Game Bar
  • Disable Hotspot 2.0
  • Disable Sharing Wizard
  • Show 'This PC' when launching File Explorer
  • Disable Telemetry
  • Uninstall OneDrive
  • Disable Activity History
  • Disable Feedback dialogs
  • Disable Start Menu suggestions
  • Disable Bing search
  • Disable settings sync
  • Disable startup sound
  • Disable autostart startup delay
  • Disable location
  • Disable Advertising ID
  • Disable Malware Removal Tool data reporting
  • Disable sending typing info to Microsoft
  • Hide language list from websites
  • Disable Miracast
  • Disable App Diagnostics
  • Disable lock screen Spotlight
  • Disable automatic maps updates
  • Disable error reporting
  • Disable Remote Assistance
  • Hide network from lock screen
  • Disable sticky keys prompt
  • Hide 3D Objects from File Explorer
  • Remove preinstalled apps except Photos, Calculator, Store
  • Update Windows Store Apps
  • Unpin preinstalled apps
  • Disable Smart Screen
  • Disable Smart Glass
  • Remove Intel Control Panel from context menus
  • Remove NVIDIA Control Panel from context menus
  • Remove AMD Control Panel from context menus
  • Disable suggested apps in Windows Ink Workspace
  • Disable experiments by Microsoft
  • Disable Inventory Collection
  • Disable Steps Recorder
  • Disable Application Compatibility Engine
  • Disable pre-release features and settings
  • Disable camera on lock screen
  • Disable Microsoft Edge first run page
  • Disable Microsoft Edge preload
  • Install .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5
  • Enable Windows Photo Viewer
  • Uninstall Microsoft XPS Document Writer
  • Disable security questions for local accounts
  • Disable app suggestions (e.g. use Edge instead of Firefox)
  • Remove default Fax printer
  • Remove Microsoft XPS Document Writer
  • Disable clipboard history
  • Disable cloud sync of clipboard history
  • Disable automatic update of speech data
  • Disable handwriting error reports
  • Disable cloud sync of text messages
  • Disable Bluetooth advertisements

Plus you can use this tool to install other software if you want ...

I have used NotePad++ for years and years

VLC Media Player

Virtual Box

TeamViewer ( I have servers in 3 locations and it is a good tool  .. I use now and then )

NETCloud Desktop

Anyway it is a pretty simple way to download ...

Also....

If you want a great file synchronization tool to replicate directories, data or files across multiple PC's

https://freefilesync.org/

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1

9 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

That would make sense,you would think after your first test reading neg theres no way 2nd or 3rd could be pos as  confined to room so no contact with anyone and impossible it would seem to catch,tit tho.

If the first test is in the incubation period, it can be negative with the second (or even third depending on timing) being positive.

• Like 1

Been wet again here this morning, so spent it sat on my ass playing with my mates old laptop. Doing a complete factory reset.

The sun came out eventually, so I took the oportunity to do a longer walk of 4.5 miles, then go to Tescos to stock up on the essentials.

Now showered up and settled down to a night of TV and low alcohol beer.