What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

7 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

Nothing planned for this morning so doing another 3 hour cruise up and down the Brisbane river on the Citycat.
A great way to see the city.

image.jpeg

That sky reminds me of the last time I was visiting Edinburgh.

We took "The Maid of the Forth" for a sightseeing trip along the Forth and unfortunately it absolutely pissed down with rain and we all had to escape the open deck.

IMG20190804132815.jpg   IMG20190804152445.jpg

• Like 1

Researching the closest places to get a PCR fit to fly test near me.

They go from about £100 to £200 from what i see. I want the one where you go and they take the sample, not the home kit, less chance of a f**k up.

15 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Researching the closest places to get a PCR fit to fly test near me.

They go from about £100 to £200 from what i see. I want the one where you go and they take the sample, not the home kit, less chance of a f**k up.

Ive read of folk having probs with those home kit s [boots ect],then having to spend again get it done from a company,good idea to avoid them,better safe than sorry.

2 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Ive read of folk having probs with those home kit s [boots ect],then having to spend again get it done from a company,good idea to avoid them,better safe than sorry.

Yea, not really an issue here in London to go to the actual clinic, get it done by the experts, there's loads. 

Better safe than sorry, alright!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Phantom51red said:

Sitting on the balcony and wondering why the asians in the block to the left of me booked balcony rooms,as i dont think ive seen any of them on the balcony,could have got loads of places with much better food for the same price downtown bkk.

I have a really big terrace ( really big ) in my BKK condo .. hard to find in BKK ... but, I think the Thais only use their balcony to hang their clothes out to dry .. I NEVER see any Thais sitting on their balcony's ..

2 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I have a really big terrace ( really big ) in my BKK condo .. hard to find in BKK ... but, I think the Thais only use their balcony to hang their clothes out to dry .. I NEVER see any Thais sitting on their balcony's ..

Its a great drying area right enough,weird thing i ve never seen towels or clothes hanging on their balconys either,we falang yeah we hang our shit out every day,twice ive called reception to retrieve my shorts from car park below lol,maybe the asians are putting their stuff to the laundry,but thats only allowed after day 10,cant be drying well inside thats or sure.

1 hour ago, Phantom51red said:

Its a great drying area right enough,weird thing i ve never seen towels or clothes hanging on their balconys either,we falang yeah we hang our shit out every day,twice ive called reception to retrieve my shorts from car park below lol,maybe the asians are putting their stuff to the laundry,but thats only allowed after day 10,cant be drying well inside thats or sure.

Some items remain in my suitcase between trips include 5 metre of nylon cord, clothes pegs and some hangers

4 hours ago, Krapow said:

Yea, not really an issue here in London to go to the actual clinic, get it done by the experts, there's loads. 

Better safe than sorry, alright!

Just had a private drive through test centre open at Cardiff City FC car park @ £80 a test

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

6 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

Sitting on the balcony and wondering why the asians in the block to the left of me booked balcony rooms,as i dont think ive seen any of them on the balcony,could have got loads of places with much better food for the same price downtown bkk.

May I ask what you had to pay for a balcony room please?

PM me if more appropriate!

Been finishing off setting up my mates old laptop from a fresh install of W10. Now it's ready to be donated to a family with 2 kids that can't afford a computer.

Typically it's been bright and sunny all day until now when it's walk time. Pissing it down with rain.

Oh Hum, brolly time again.

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Sad to say but, I think you realize when you get a "boner" over getting dress shirts that are on sale at a great price at the Van Heusen store in the mall that is going out of business, you might need some help! 

Don't think I'm a "cheap charlie" you bastards...but $45 dress shirts that are selling for $7.99, I just got to have LOL! 

IMG_4103.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Haha 2

I had intended to shovel some snow off of my roof today but when I got up it was -19C and I looked out the window to see the wind whipping snow off of the neighbouring church's roof and said to hell with it, the job can wait a day or two...

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

4 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Sad to say but, I think you realize when you get a "boner" over getting dress shirts that are on sale at a great price at the Van Heusen store in the mall that is going out of business, you might need some help! 

Don't think I'm a "cheap charlie" you bastards...but $45 dress shirts that are selling for $7.99, I just got to have LOL! 

IMG_4103.JPG

Is your missus playing hide and seek somewhere in that bedroom, perchance! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, boydeste said:

May I ask what you had to pay for a balcony room please?

PM me if more appropriate!

39000 bht for 45sqm room with kitchen,some paid 42000 for same room different booking agent,putting things into perspective,the smaller rooms 40sqm are 50000 bht don't have a small kitchen, but have a bath,and a small sofa bottom of the bed,don't like small sofas at bottom of beds special covered in plastic wrapping ! And I never have a bath in thailand,last one was at the soapy lol

They both have the big balcony,I think the important thing is getting a high floor I'm on 4th floor level with the sky strain in the distance,they have 5 floors,,anythings under 3 is well under the tree line,so no good views.

Internet is fast tv big,plenty space,desk for pc ,to walk in wardrobe,to much cupboards ! Only gripes is the food ,but 7/11 order everyday if you want.Silverpalms hotel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

39000 bht for 45sqm room with kitchen,some paid 42000 for same room different booking agent,putting things into perspective,the smaller rooms 40sqm are 50000 bht don't have a small kitchen, but have a bath,and a small sofa bottom of the bed,don't like small sofas at bottom of beds special covered in plastic wrapping ! And I never have a bath in thailand,last one was at the soapy lol

They both have the big balcony,I think the important thing is getting a high floor I'm on 4th floor level with the sky strain in the distance,they have 5 floors,,anythings under 3 is well under the tree line,so no good views.

Internet is fast tv big,plenty space,desk for pc ,to walk in wardrobe,to much cupboards ! Only gripes is the food ,but 7/11 order everyday if you want.Silverpalms hotel.

Yes the food looks poor, but the rest of it sounds great and the price is good too.

What's the name of the place please?

5 hours ago, Yessongs said:

IMG_4103.JPG

Whose dead body under the blanket?

• Like 1

On 3/13/2021 at 2:36 AM, boydeste said:

Been wet again here this morning, so spent it sat on my ass playing with my mates old laptop. Doing a complete factory reset.

The sun came out eventually, so I took the oportunity to do a longer walk of 4.5 miles, then go to Tescos to stock up on the essentials.

Now showered up and settled down to a night of TV and low alcohol beer.

If you were here .. I would give you a nice laptop ... this is my one "toy" weakness .. laptops ... I have 7 or 8 of them lying around and they are all pretty new within the last couple of years .... all loaded with memory and all of them have at least 1TB ....

I keep bouncing back to this Thinkpad X1 Extreme I9 .... it has all of the ports I need and the keyboards are just fantastic on all Thinkpads ... plus, it is memory upgrade-able ( got it maxed out ) and slots for 2 SSD drives ..... this machine rocks