What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

10 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Sad to say but, I think you realize when you get a "boner" over getting dress shirts that are on sale at a great price at the Van Heusen store in the mall that is going out of business, you might need some help! 

Don't think I'm a "cheap charlie" you bastards...but $45 dress shirts that are selling for $7.99, I just got to have LOL! 

IMG_4103.JPG

I need to get a few of those to go with my Indian Tailor suits. They would need to have the left sleeve 3 inches shorter than the other.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Jambo said:

I need to get a few of those to go with my Indian Tailor suits. They would need to have the left sleeve 3 inches shorter than the other.

So only the knuckles of your right hand drag along the ground?

Slept very late this morning and woke up with my first hangover for a month. When you haven't had one for a few weeks it really reminds you how nice it is not to drink!

A bit of blue sky out there so when my head clears I hope to enjoy a nice walk by the river.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Settling down to watch my Hometown club Tranmere Rovers playing Sunderland in the magnificent :default_biggrin: Papa John Trophy final, previously named the leyland Daf Trophy and the Sherpa Van Trophy. I have been to Wembley 5 times before to watch Rovers in various finals including the league cup final against Leicester back in 2000 which was the last final before they shut Wembley for the refurbishment.

18 hours ago, Krapow said:

Is your missus playing hide and seek somewhere in that bedroom, perchance! 

You know Thai women, she puts a pillow towards the back of the bed, props her feet up there for 10 minutes before going to sleep every night. Tells me it is good for "blood flow"  I told her I have something for her, to make her "blood flow" 😋😋

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

You know Thai women, she puts a pillow towards the back of the bed, props her feet up there for 10 minutes before going to sleep every night. Tells me it is good for "blood flow"  I told her I have something for her, to make her "blood flow" 😋😋

Marriage romance...nothing like it! 💘

• Like 1

My diets working extremely well with yesterday's weigh in showing just 3 more pounds and I will have lost two stone in what will be 10 weeks if I make it by Sunday next.

The only downside is that I am only managing a dump every 3 days or so and this morning I was worried I might pass out straining away.   😉

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Jambo said:

My diets working extremely well with yesterday's weigh in showing just 3 more pounds and I will have lost two stone in what will be 10 weeks if I make it by Sunday next.

The only downside is that I am only managing a dump every 3 days or so and this morning I was worried I might pass out straining away.   😉

More veg intake?

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, bob lt said:

Ye,i just noticed my room 45sqm has a pic of couch and a rug at bottom of bed,and the other rooms have small couch on balcony,they took couches and rugs out,as no couches on any balconys.Fine by me gives me more space 6000 + steps about 4klm i did before dinner,door to balcony,3000 in the morning.Dinner was actually good tonight red thai chicken curry,tub o ice cream.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

1 hour ago, bob lt said:

42 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Ye,i just noticed my room 45sqm has a pic of couch and a rug at bottom of bed,and the other rooms have small couch on balcony,they took couches and rugs out,as no couches on any balconys.Fine by me gives me more space 6000 + steps about 4klm i did before dinner,door to balcony,3000 in the morning.Dinner was actually good tonight red thai chicken curry,tub o ice cream.

Looks real nice and good value compared to some of the others I have looked at.

5 minutes ago, Painter said:

Just back from taking mother's car for an Italian service prior to its MOT tomorrow. 

Surprisingly it's done a whole 500 miles this year, although I've done probably 280 of them... 

Wow, 500 miles.  I be lucky if I have done half of that this past year,

4 minutes ago, boydeste said:

No surprise there mate.

You have a job and more importantly have a nice bike!

I bet you cover miles and miles in the nice weather on that machine of yours.

Nice in the warm weather but bloody hard work in the winter. 😀

• Like 1

I'm sitting here having a cool drink after clearing part of my roof of snow that was at least a meter deep; now I am happily listening to the back-up alarms of a local City works crew mucking out my street with two graders and a loader going at it, bless them - I can't see the street well from my window as my house is at the very back of my lot with trees and structures in-between but when they are done for the day I'll walk down and have a look - we've been down to a single lane for some time now and it'll be great to have a little more room again. 

13 hours ago, boydeste said:

Looks real nice and good value compared to some of the others I have looked at.

Overall im happy with it,yesterday i asked reception to cancel my bacon in the morning and i requested another omelette instead,this morning they gave me 2 breakfast packs,i thought maybe a misunderstanding although her english is really good,then i just discovered the guy next door has gone,you can check out anytime after 6 am ,so instead of the delivery guy taking his breaky pack back down he just gave it to me,stuffed now !  Last night red thai chicken curry was the best meal yet,its not so bad,never get bored either,would stay here again.

I read the uk has put emirates,qatar amongst others on their banned list now,so load of guys on the fb page due to fly back to uk soon panicking about getting back,the uk are doing now what thailand have been doing for 1 year,apart from uk passport holders from certain places have to pay for quarantine where thai folks dont.

• Thanks 1

On 3/7/2021 at 12:52 PM, Phantom51red said:

I think the hardest part of the process was picking a hotel,visa/coe/insurance[emirates]/ covid test ect was easy,prob not anyone else on here thinking off doing this as most in thailand already,if there is feel free to pm me fire any questions about the process,id gladly help.chok dee.

Hi Gaz,

I would like to thank you for all the very useful additional information you sent me in your PM's. Very much appreciated.

My daughters and grandaughter have decided to take a full refund on their KLM flights as they wanted to make a substantial surcharge to change the flights from August to December. So they have rebooked through Emirates (which they much prefer from Scotland) for 10th December as the cost was only marginally over their total refunds and most importantly incorporates the Covid insurance into cost of the flights. That also gives me the option of visiting the UK early next year.

Hopefully, by now coming in December Thailand will have waived the quarantine requirement completely otherwise they have the option to change to Easter of the following year. Even 7 days quarantine would make the trip unworkable.