What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

57 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Hi Gaz,

I would like to thank you for all the very useful additional information you sent me in your PM's. Very much appreciated.

My daughters and grandaughter have decided to take a full refund on their KLM flights as they wanted to make a substantial surcharge to change the flights from August to December. So they have rebooked through Emirates (which they much prefer from Scotland) for 10th December as the cost was only marginally over their total refunds and most importantly incorporates the Covid insurance into cost of the flights. That also gives me the option of visiting the UK early next year.

Hopefully, by now coming in December Thailand will have waived the quarantine requirement completely otherwise they have the option to change to Easter of the following year. Even 7 days quarantine would make the trip unworkable.

Your welcome.

Thats a shame,surely id like to think anyhow quarantine will be finished by December,klm ! cowboys no charge to change flights at the moment with emirates,better airline made the right choice hopefully all goes to plan,or even better quarantine is done quicker and they can change to come earlier than dec,good luck.

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

^^^^^  Bro, what is Covid insurance .... does it prevent you from staying in quarantine when arriving in Thailand ?

I wish code !,its just one of the many stipulations  set by the thai goverment needed to enter at the moment,still have to do 14 days quarantine,if one should test positive during this time,you will be promptly whisked to the hospital who s associated with the hotel,and hopefully the covid insurance shall pay out,but you know what insurance companys are like,ive read of a few guys having to foot the bill themselves to the hospital while struggling to get their insurance to pay them,10 days in hospital it is assuming you test negative on next test,and they just give you vit c and d.

After my drunken weekend, where I slept for most of the mornings to recover, I set my alarm for 9am today and managed to drag my sorry ass out of bed.

Feels good to be up, dressed and sipping my first few cups of tea with a clear head. My plan was to be a bit more active today with a few jobs outside to tackle. Surprise surprise it's wet and miserable again. So another lazy day is on the cards again.

32 minutes ago, boydeste said:

After my drunken weekend, where I slept for most of the mornings to recover, I set my alarm for 9am today and managed to drag my sorry ass out of bed.

Feels good to be up, dressed and sipping my first few cups of tea with a clear head. My plan was to be a bit more active today with a few jobs outside to tackle. Surprise surprise it's wet and miserable again. So another lazy day is on the cards again.

Good idea. I have not had a drink for 4 days and feel much better for it. Mind you, moving onto Ketamine was not such a good odea😁😁

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Pissing down here now ... could be an afternoon of Cheltenham on the box :) 

The sun just broke out and gave me a glimmer of hope, but it was dashed as quick as it came, overcast and wet again.

Just finished my turbo 20s exercise regime (doesn't include the waltz or the tango) and sipping on a vanilla and banana protein shake.

Feeling good so going to try and keep to my efforts of having my next alcoholic drink on 31 March (my daughter's birthday) and then on 06 May after my 2nd vaccine jab. 

Got to get my beach body ready lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Binlid said:

Sat waiting for 15 minutes after having my Pfizer booster, 9 weeks after the first jab.

I am hoping my 2nd one comes along in a similar time, that would make my chip fully activated just before I am due to fly to Canada, if that ever happens!

Not sure if Canada have full 5G yet. :default_fun:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, tko said:

Cancelling my reservations to go to Pattaya tomorrow.  I threw my back out.  I'll get some muscle relaxants and pain pills and try again next week. F*ck being old.

Sorry to hear that, you have my sympathy.

• Thanks 1

Well finally got to walk the ridge behind my house in Neath and so glad I did. 

Will put more on later as just snapping right now but just taken this photo 60 seconds ago of the view south east with Swansea Bay to the right and Port Talbot steel works to the left.

The coast line in the distance is Devon, England, with Lynmouth in the middle and Ilfracombe to the right.

Just listening to Walk Of Life by Dire Straits, seems appropriate.

20210317_124706.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Well finally got to walk the ridge behind my house in Neath and so glad I did. 

Will put more on later as just snapping right now but just taken this photo 60 seconds ago of the view south east with Swansea Bay to the right and Port Talbot steel works to the left.

The coast line in the distance is Devon, England, with Lynmouth in the middle and Ilfracombe to the right.

Just listening to Walk Of Life by Dire Straits, seems appropriate.

20210317_124706.jpg

You have moved to a lovely part of the country, when spring hits ya it will be magic methinks!

• Thumbs Up 1

Just realised it's a year to the day since I left the UK to come here for a couple of months after a couple of weeks in Malaysia.  Malaysia got bypassed so tomorrow will be the 1 year anniversary of arrival in Pattaya.  I might just go out to celebrate.

• Like 1