What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

12 hours ago, KWA said:

Just realised it's a year to the day since I left the UK to come here for a couple of months after a couple of weeks in Malaysia.  Malaysia got bypassed so tomorrow will be the 1 year anniversary of arrival in Pattaya.  I might just go out to celebrate.

Why do we always restrict ourselves after moving to pattaya, go enjoy !

Celebrating with a coffee on the balcony after receiving the 2nd negative covid test,had little doubt but ye ever know, feels like im almost free ! 3 days to go and im outta here stroll on,im offering the hotel a deal,havent heard back yet,the offer is my old xbox i took with me,few call of duty and fifa games but mainly i used i for youtube ect ect,i see a lot of asq hotels rent them out for 1000-2000 bht for 15 days,they would make a profit after a few months i reckon.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just been phoning Nationwide to order new debit and credit card.

Must remember to take my cards out of my tracksuit bottoms after a long walk.

Cards been through a hot wash and tumble-dry, now bent out of shape.

Funnily enough driving licence experienced same wash cycle but looks good, just cleaner. 

I'm being thankful for the wonderful pharmacists of Thailand.  I'll take myself fully off the drugs tomorrow, and if it's good for a couple days, reschedule my trip to Pattaya for a few days starting Thursday next.

• Like 1

Another wet day here, so I spent most of it going through some old pictures, reproducing them in digital and then packing them away into cardboard boxes for storage. I was going to bin them but couldn't bring myself to do it.

Just home from a 2.5 mile walk, showered up, fed and watered, now settling down to a night of TV.

2 hours ago, tko said:

I'm being thankful for the wonderful pharmacists of Thailand.  I'll take myself fully off the drugs tomorrow, and if it's good for a couple days, reschedule my trip to Pattaya for a few days starting Thursday next.

What drugs are you on ?

If it is not ganja or mushrooms .. then I would think again ..... 

Simple cold medicine you don't need .. if, something more serious ..  I would still think again ...

Getting ready for my last supper in Montreal, enjoying a few Stellas. There’s a chef from France, whose restaurant has been closed due to the pandemic, he does amazing meal kits. This particular one is themed on the sugar shacks(cabane a sucre) that are popular in springtime, many of those have closed too. Was even a bottle of white hidden in the bottom! 

ED537294-E06D-4F31-842F-23393687909C.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

What drugs are you on ?

If it is not ganja or mushrooms .. then I would think again ..... 

Simple cold medicine you don't need .. if, something more serious ..  I would still think again ...

A muscle relaxant and a pain killer.  The Pharmacist said I could take myself off when I felt better.

1 hour ago, tko said:

A muscle relaxant and a pain killer.  The Pharmacist said I could take myself off when I felt better.

Good .. be a little careful of the pain killers ... Bro, I am not trying to "preach" to you .. but, just be careful and smart ...

Hope you are doing better!

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Good .. be a little careful of the pain killers ... Bro, I am not trying to "preach" to you .. but, just be careful and smart ...

Hope you are doing better!

Yeah, I took myself off the pain killer as soon as I could.  I dropped the muscle relaxant today.  Tightening up a bit, but not too bad.

• Like 1

Sitting here watching the snow come down again - the weather office has forecast this every day for the last four days and today it finally arrived - hopefully this will be the last significant snowfall of the winter but there is no sign of warming up yet - until we get well above 0 in the daytime there won't be any real melting of our huge accumulation of winter snow. 

On 3/18/2021 at 11:30 PM, Stillearly said:

Having a great afternoon watching Cheltenham, four winners and two places  , one of my best days 😉 

I still so miss meeting up with the same guys every year at the Cheltenham Festival. I think I went 13 years in a row including a couple of years after I had moved to Edinburgh.

It was never easy getting winners because even many of the long shots were good horses.

We used to meet in the same Pub in Cheltenham when it opened on the Tuesday of the meeting. I usually based myself in Birmingham's Holiday Inn and travelled backwards and forwards on the train. A couple of the guys were former work colleagues who I had not seen since the previous year.

I can shut my eyes and see and taste the hot toddies in the Jameson Tent.

Then the following month off to Aintree for the Grand National meeting to see my old friends from Liverpool. One of those had a Dad who was a retired bookie and he used to mark my card with his "bankers" for the day. Sometimes, they even won! 🤣

On 3/18/2021 at 4:30 PM, Stillearly said:

Having a great afternoon watching Cheltenham, four winners and two places  , one of my best days 😉 

Had one of my best Festivals in years.

Day 1 solid profits. Day 2 back to back 45/1 winner followed by a 10/1 winner. Day 3 solid profits again. Not as good as you yesterday 3 winners, 22/1 winner the highlight, a big bet at 8s on the winner of the last.

All my mates on my racing WhatsApp group had a stormer. We were swapping tips, all 5 of us pretty much cleaned up.

Feet up today relaxing. Only 1 Irish runner in the big race at Uttoxeter, backed it blind yesterday at 12s after the Irish finishing cleaning up.

What a fantastic 4 days🇮🇪🇮🇪:default_cheers:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1