What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Just had a fella collect my old Kawasaki. Put it on ebay last weekend and it sold in 40 minutes. Buyer is a Kawasaki restorer/collecter so I'm glad it's gone to a good home and not to someone who would break it for parts. 

Sad to see it go but I ain't got a garage to keep it in so it would just rot on my drive. Had 6 great years with the old girl. 

IMG_20210202_145939.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

24 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

I would but I'm in England & everything is shut....

@code_slayer_bkk

It just shows the polar opposite effects covid is having around the world.

We have been in house arrest now for god knows how long, but with the amazing vaccine roll out here we have a light at the end of the tunnel and hopefully soon, we will be able to ''get out and live''

• Thumbs Up 1

Having spent 3.5 hours this morning holding doors, wiping clipboards,  cleaning chairs and directing victims, I now have AZ's best blood clothing agents vaccine circulating my body. The average time from victims arriving, the process being explained, shown to a seat to fill forms in, to being jabbed and kicked out was about 12 minutes. Bloody brilliant process.

Interesting conversation with the GP who stabbed me, along the lines of she was a stout remainer, but having seen how the EU has messed up their vaccination programme, and the threats they are coming up with, she is really glad we left and is proud to be part of the UK programme. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Painter said:

Having spent 3.5 hours this morning holding doors, wiping clipboards,  cleaning chairs and directing victims, I now have AZ's best blood clothing agents vaccine circulating my body. The average time from victims arriving, the process being explained, shown to a seat to fill forms in, to being jabbed and kicked out was about 12 minutes. Bloody brilliant process.

Interesting conversation with the GP who stabbed me, along the lines of she was a stout remainer, but having seen how the EU has messed up their vaccination programme, and the threats they are coming up with, she is really glad we left and is proud to be part of the UK programme. 

Don't they need to wait for 15 mins after the jab , before they are kicked out ? 

2 hours ago, galenkia said:

Just had a fella collect my old Kawasaki. Put it on ebay last weekend and it sold in 40 minutes. Buyer is a Kawasaki restorer/collecter so I'm glad it's gone to a good home and not to someone who would break it for parts. 

Sad to see it go but I ain't got a garage to keep it in so it would just rot on my drive. Had 6 great years with the old girl. 

IMG_20210202_145939.jpg

Looks damn good for a bike that lives outside all year round     :default_good:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Don't they need to wait for 15 mins after the jab , before they are kicked out ? 

Apparently victims could chose to wait in a side room, or in their cars, or if they have walked in can leave straight away. I was allowed to leave as soon as I'd been done, but it was lunchtime and I was on foot

24 minutes ago, bob lt said:

Looks damn good for a bike that lives outside all year round     :default_good:

If you use it daily it's alright, plus I keep it covered. If I leave it a few days in winter the chain and discs go rusty even covered up. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Painter said:

I was really impressed with the whole operation when I had my jab on Monday.

This is the NHS at its absolute best. You could almost feel the good will and community spirit around the place which is making the UK vaccination roll out such a success.

As for the total bollocks that is Boris and his mates spending literally billions on track and trace.....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

The snow finally stopped falling late last evening and I got up this morning to -26C, and this the first official day of spring - what a joke; now I have @6cm of snow to clear with more promised for tonight/tomorrow - gonna be a pub afternoon, I think...

8 hours ago, boydeste said:

@code_slayer_bkk

It just shows the polar opposite effects covid is having around the world.

Bro .. I don't have a clue what you guys are going through over there ... I watch a "shit load" of news everyday ... all I have heard is that the UK has another "variant" .. really nothing more ... nothing -- or how you have been "locked down" .. really nothing 

I have heard more about Dr. Suess getting "canceled" .. than what you are going through in the UK ... I am fucking serious !

I don't mean to bust any balls .....

I don't watch any Thai news here .. it is just what I see and how I live ... yea, the tourists areas have had ups and downs .. but, regular life just goes on here ....

Kids are in swimming pools, schools are open, any place I want to go and eat .. all seems normal .. sunny everyday ... there are thermometers everywhere .. but, they are really never used ... shit, I even walked in to 7/11 today without a mask ( I forgot it ) .. I wasn't the only one .. 

Edited by code_slayer_bkk

6 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Bro .. I don't have a clue what you guys are going through over there ... I watch a "shit load" of news everyday ... all I have heard is that the UK has another "variant" .. really nothing more ... nothing -- or how you have been "locked down" .. really nothing 

I have heard more about Dr. Suess getting "canceled" .. than what you are going through in the UK ... I am fucking serious !

Here's a brief summary to give you some perspective of the UK problem so far :-

4.29 million cases tested positive for covid with 126,000 of those dying so far.

At one point a few weeks ago over 2000 people were dying a day from covid.

That's why we have been locked down for so long and not able to live our lives.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, boydeste said:

Here's a brief summary to give you some perspective of the UK problem so far :-

4.29 million cases tested positive for covid with 126,000 of those dying so far.

At one point a few weeks ago over 2000 people were dying a day from covid.

That's why we have been locked down for so long and not able to live our lives.

f**k me ! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

4 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Exactly, that's why we get excited when some good sport comes on the TV.

It's the highlight of the week for us!

LOL .. I understand .....

Seriously Bro .. I had no idea ...

Got up at my normal time this morning .. sitting here having a coffee and looking at the sea ...

28 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I don't watch any Thai news here .. it is just what I see and how I live ... yea, the tourists areas have had ups and downs .. but, regular life just goes on here ....

Kids are in swimming pools, schools are open, any place I want to go and eat .. all seems normal .. sunny everyday ... there are thermometers everywhere .. but, they are really never used ... shit, I even walked in to 7/11 today without a mask ( I forgot it ) .. I wasn't the only one .. 

Kids are in swimming pools closed in the UK, together with gyms, and all outside public sporting venues including tennis, golf, and basketball courts, schools are open,have just reopened after being closed for over 2 months, any place I want to go and eat bars closed, restaurants closed, although some are doing take away or deliveries.. all seems normal .. sunny everyday we wish...!! ... there are thermometers everywhere some shops have them, some use them. Hand sanitizer everywhere.. but, they are really never used ... shit, I even walked in to 7/11 today without a mask ( I forgot it ) .. I wasn't the only one .. where I am 99% are in masks in shops, and people steer clear of those that aren't wearing them .

There is a stay at home order in place for all. You can only leave home for work, if you cant work from home, shopping, or an hours daily exercise. Until early March meeting individual friends was forbidden, although now you can meet 1 other person outdoors in a public place.

Hope this helps you to understand what we in the UK are going through!

Edited by Painter

12 minutes ago, Painter said:

Kids are in swimming pools closed in the UK, together with gyms, and all outside public sporting venues including tennis, golf, and basketball courts, schools are open,have just reopened after being closed for over 2 months, any place I want to go and eat bars closed, restaurants closed, although some are doing take away or deliveries.. all seems normal .. sunny everyday we wish...!! ... there are thermometers everywhere some shops have them, some use them. Hand sanitizer everywhere.. but, they are really never used ... shit, I even walked in to 7/11 today without a mask ( I forgot it ) .. I wasn't the only one .. where I am 99% are in masks in shops, and people steer clear of those that aren't wearing them .

There is a stay at home order in place for all. You can only leave home for work, if you cant work from home, shopping, or an hours daily exercise. Until early March meeting individual friends was forbidden, although now you can meet 1 other person outdoors in a public place.

Hope this helps you to understand what we are going through!

All I can do is just shake my head .. jeez ...

I work at about 35 hospitals here ... none of the ( I have asked a couple of times .. just as recently as Friday when I was at Ramkhamhaeng Hospital ) hospitals have had any reported case of the china virus

I don't go to the hospitals regularly ... but, I talk to a shit load of people that work there daily ... from Chiang Mai to Hat Yai

2 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

The good news, however, is that because of the lockdown the numbers that boydeste mentioned are now way down, and that 26million have now had at least their first dose of a vaccine. 

In Europe, however....

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

It's been a tough year mate, with many loosing friends and family to this f**k of a disease.

We now have around 40% of the population jabbed with what looks to be an effective vaccine, so hopefully we will get back to some normality by the summer.

47 minutes ago, boydeste said:

It's been a tough year mate, with many loosing friends and family to this f**k of a disease.

We now have around 40% of the population jabbed with what looks to be an effective vaccine, so hopefully we will get back to some normality by the summer.

For sure Bro .. stay strong ... !

• Thanks 1