What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

IMG20210613172617.jpg

I have been doing much sitting around whilst on this period of self isolation including much gazing out of the large "picture" window in the front of the condo.

Being Scotland you see all four seasons pass by in a day. One minute, not a cloud in the sky then 30 minutes later you cannot see the sky for the clouds that have rolled in.

I am fascinated by the multitude of very different birds I see up in the sky. The only ones I definitely recognize are the gulls and the two crows that scared the shite out of me as they landed on the rail immediately above the window. They are big Mothers!

An ornithologist (?) would be able to recognize the swifts/swallows that swoop past except they look a lot bigger so maybe they are not swifts or swallows. 🙂

Then there are much larger birds still that seem to float way up on the thermals. They glide majestically around presumably waiting to dive down on their breakfast. I am calling them "Eagles" but I bet they are not eagles at all. Whatever they are you certainly do not see them in Thailand.

I find it entertaining.

• Like 4

Sitting here and debating what to do now my self isolation has now finished and I'm free ! I'll admit now I wasn't strict about it and did have daily trips down to the local Co-op but today I'm off into town to sort out my bank and doctors and to have a wander around the local precinct and then off to Morrisons. Sad old git that I am I'm actually excited about it.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Jambo said:

IMG20210613172617.jpg

I have been doing much sitting around whilst on this period of self isolation including much gazing out of the large "picture" window in the front of the condo.

Being Scotland you see all four seasons pass by in a day. One minute, not a cloud in the sky then 30 minutes later you cannot see the sky for the clouds that have rolled in.

I am fascinated by the multitude of very different birds I see up in the sky. The only ones I definitely recognize are the gulls and the two crows that scared the shite out of me as they landed on the rail immediately above the window. They are big Mothers!

An ornithologist (?) would be able to recognize the swifts/swallows that swoop past except they look a lot bigger so maybe they are not swifts or swallows. 🙂

Then there are much larger birds still that seem to float way up on the thermals. They glide majestically around presumably waiting to dive down on their breakfast. I am calling them "Eagles" but I bet they are not eagles at all. Whatever they are you certainly do not see them in Thailand.

I find it entertaining.

Seen any tits?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jambo said:

IMG20210613172617.jpg

I find it entertaining.

The birds down my way are a bit rough

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jambo said:

I find it entertaining.

Spending so much time lakeside, I sometimes take for granted the amount of birds we have around here.

The larger birds that I usually see ''floating around'' are either Red Kites or Buzzards. Scotland however does have others and that includes the white tailed eagle which is massive.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coxyhog said:

dn.jpg

Actually I lied,I just got back from the gym & Sainsburys....where I was delighted to find that they have their 25% off 6 bottles or more of vino.I'll be back there tomorrow.Offer ends 24th June.

• Like 1