What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Just rewatched what was a live stream from last night by a drunken idiot by the name of Thomas Andrew Howe. He went on a 7 minute drunken rant about the new King and it got worse by the minute. I wont post a link as I don't want this forum to be associated with this guys video. Besides... the Mods would have to remove it immediately..... and rightfully so....

Edited by thumper63
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, thumper63 said:

Just rewatched what was a live stream from last night by a drunken idiot by the name of Thomas Andrew Howe. He went on a 7 minute drunken rant about the new King and it got worse by the minute. I wont post a link as I don't want this forum to be associated with this guys video. Besides... the Mods would have to remove it immediately..... and rightfully so....

A dog botherer ...  say no more.

Another hot day here with isolated thunder stroms due this afternoon, I was going down to my local lake for a few days but I just got an email that a delivery is coming today.

So it's a case of waiting in and hope I still have time to go and beat the rain!

7 minutes ago, KWA said:

Just finished cleaning up my patio which has been a bit neglected for the past year and a half.  This was it half done yesterday.  Can you tell which half had been done?

patio 1.jpg

It's obvious, you ran out of green stuff to plant. :default_fun:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, boydeste said:

That looks amazing.

Total wilderness I've never experienced before. There are some serious fishermen up here from all over Europe. Now, I'm in no way clued up about catching fish but some of the guys I've seen fly fishing are kitted out like they were on the front line versus ISIS!!!... But what do I know? 

Whilst my Swedish mate is waist deep in river water I disappear looking for new bird species I've never seen in the UK. 

So far I've seen more new species than he's caught fish so I'm happy. 

New birds to my list include 

Red kite 

Black kite

Brambling 

Redstart 

Spotted flycatcher 

Willow tit 

Sanderling 

Red and black grouse 

Feildfare

Redwing 

And the best of the lot for me a great grey shrike. 

No pubs for at least 40 miles! 

IMG_20210721_152820.jpg

IMG_20210721_152851.jpg

IMG_20210721_153101.jpg

IMG_20210721_153121.jpg

IMG_20210718_122127.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Total wilderness I've never experienced before. There are some serious fishermen up here from all over Europe. Now, I'm in no way clued up about catching fish but some of the guys I've seen fly fishing are kitted out like they were on the front line versus ISIS!!!... But what do I know? 

Whilst my Swedish mate is waist deep in river water I disappear looking for new bird species I've never seen in the UK. 

Red kite 

Black kite

Brambling 

Redstart 

Spotted flycatcher 

Willow tit 

Sanderling 

Red and black grouse 

Feildfare

Redwing 

IMG_20210721_152820.jpg

IMG_20210721_152851.jpg

IMG_20210721_153101.jpg

IMG_20210721_153121.jpg

IMG_20210718_122127.jpg

We were due to go to Saariselka in Northern Lapland (Finland) in December, take the child on a 4 day trip to see Santa, do reindeer treks, husky rides, and a bucket list one for me, see the Northern Lights.

We put it back to next Dec, still too much uncertainty!

24 minutes ago, Krapow said:

We were due to go to Saariselka in Northern Lapland (Finland) in December, take the child on a 4 day trip to see Santa, do reindeer treks, husky rides, and a bucket list one for me, see the Northern Lights.

We put it back to next Dec, still too much uncertainty!

If you get there wrap up warm mate... Can get seriously cold. Lucky for me I'm here in the summer months... 11.15 pm now and still light. 

1 hour ago, Aqualung said:

If you get there wrap up warm mate... Can get seriously cold. Lucky for me I'm here in the summer months... 11.15 pm now and still light. 

Yea, they give you special thermals on arrival.

Explained how cold it would get to the wife, said we could go there or Euro Disney with our daughter, she said she preferred Lapland, which i also preferred. 

Just wrap our daughter like an onion, 50 layers ...

2 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Red kite 

Black kite

Brambling 

Redstart 

Spotted flycatcher 

Willow tit 

Sanderling 

Red and black grouse 

Feildfare

Redwing 

IMG_20210721_152820.jpg

IMG_20210721_152851.jpg

IMG_20210721_153101.jpg

IMG_20210721_153121.jpg

IMG_20210718_122127.jpg

Sweet !

13 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Red kite 

Black kite

Brambling 

Redstart 

Spotted flycatcher 

Willow tit 

Sanderling 

Red and black grouse 

Feildfare

Redwing 

IMG_20210721_152820.jpg

IMG_20210721_152851.jpg

IMG_20210721_153101.jpg

IMG_20210721_153121.jpg

IMG_20210718_122127.jpg

Right up my street that is.

10 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Just got back from my quarterly post cancer check up at St George's. All clear again but I am always a bit on edge for the few days leading up to it. 

Sweating like a rapist now, so a cold shower followed by an ice cold glass of Lucozade. 

Great news mate.

Worthy of a nice cold pint of your favourite tipple methinks. 

20 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Great news mate.

Worthy of a nice cold pint of your favourite tipple methinks. 

Cheers

I did walk past a Wetherspoons in Tooting Broadway on my way to the station and was tempted to stop off for a pint of Doombar, but the place looked full of undesirables 🚫😁😁

• Haha 1