What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Wondering if we'll get our new Fortuner.  Toyota has shut down their factories in Thailand, due to lack of parts.  The dealer thinks ours was complete, other than the mods they can do in Rayong.  He's trying to see if he can get it shipped to the dealership.

Just come off the phone to the tax office as I was stressed earlier.  Got a letter from the tax code office informing me I owed quite a bit of money despite the fact I think they owe me about £4000.

After getting the letter I looked at my Government Gateway PAYE account online, I was aghast to see that I am expected to earn £264000 this year and now I owe the tax man £108000 if all stays the same come April 2022.

Well what has happened is that I got a little bit of cash from a fund in April which was around £21900 but it was a one off payment for this year. Unfortunately the company that gave me the money informed the tax office that this was a monthly amount (I wish) and promptly updated my tax breakdown as above.  All sorted now and the P53 I have already sent them a month ago is in a queue to be actioned, hopefully confirming that I am due an in-year refund of tax.

My heart feels a lot more stable now.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Just come off the phone to the tax office as I was stressed earlier.  Got a letter from the tax code office informing me I owed quite a bit of money despite the fact I think they owe me about £4000.

After getting the letter I looked at my Government Gateway PAYE account online, I was aghast to see that I am expected to earn £264000 this year and now I owe the tax man £108000 if all stays the same come April 2022.

Well what has happened is that I got a little bit of cash from a fund in April which was around £21900 but it was a one off payment for this year. Unfortunately the company that gave me the money informed the tax office that this was a monthly amount (I wish) and promptly updated my tax breakdown as above.  All sorted now and the P53 I have already sent them a month ago is in a queue to be actioned, hopefully confirming that I am due an in-year refund of tax.

My heart feels a lot more stable now.

Not nice when you think you're the wrong side of the tax man.

Glad you got it sorted.

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 2

Having a lazy day watching TV, just seen GB win the hockey, been watching the GB ladies playing football, but got bored, so turned over to watch fishOmania.

I will take a walk later and hopefully cover 5 miles before stopping off at the pub. It's drink day for me so looking forward to some real ale or Guiness.

6 hours ago, Krapow said:

Wife's birthday, so went down to a nice Thai place by the river, where she knows a lot of the staff. We didn't use the uber water taxi or Thames rocket boats. 

I had tamarind duck, Wife had soft shell crab, daughter the chicken fried rice. 

Was very nice, and even nicer as they gave us it complementary, as I had signed/validated a Passport application for the boss lady a couple of months ago. 

I won't give exact location, as @boydeste would be down later hooking those carp. Those lots of clues in the pics. 

20210724_140045.jpg

20210724_135027~2.jpg

20210724_135027.jpg

20210724_133215.jpg

20210724_130015.jpg

20210724_130006.jpg

20210724_130002.jpg

20210724_125641.jpg

20210724_124951.jpg

20210724_124907.jpg

👍👍👍

7 hours ago, Krapow said:

Wife's birthday, so went down to a nice Thai place by the river, where she knows a lot of the staff. We didn't use the uber water taxi or Thames rocket boats. 

I had tamarind duck, Wife had soft shell crab, daughter the chicken fried rice. 

What a fantastic day out mate.... and a fantastic family. Well Done!

• Like 2

Been a roasting hot day again here.

Cut the grass, stripped out and cleaned the pond filter, walked 3 miles, sorted some bait out for tomorrows fishing and done the shopping at Tescos.

Showered up and now watching the Ultimate Pool Masters Live.

• Like 2

Just got notification that my wife's passport with Greek Visa (Schengen) will arrive shortly. Well pleased as it was a real pain in getting it sorted.  Spent 3 hours in the VFS office in Wilson street London last week when we expected to be there 20 minutes.

Just a tip for anybody in the UK with a wife who needs a Schengen visa; make sure that any travel insurance shows Schengen Area or Europe, if it just shows the country you are going to you will be sent away to get it changed.  We had travel insurance for a holiday to Rhodes in Greece, the insurance showed the country as Greece but this is not acceptable to the Greek Embassy, it must show Europe or Schengen area. 

Of course if you knew that then great but I was not prepared for that one, nearly threw everything in the air and said 'fcuk it' especially after we changed it and went back to the VFS to be told to pick up another ticket and get back in the queue. I was also taking the tube across London to Hounslow and then driving 3.5 hours back to Wales, was not a happy bunny!

• Great Info 1

The screw up with my tax affairs the other day have found their way into my British Airways pension;  just received an automatic update of my pension slip (only get them when there is a significant change in pay) to say that my pension is now being taxed at 40%.  As I don't get a pension warranting that sort of deduction I am hoping of course that this will rectify itself next month.

• Sad 1