What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Not having a good day👹

Wifey's Nissan Note has the airbag light flashing....spent £400 on it & the next day it's flashing again....the readout says passenger module,which they don't make any more.Another ploy to get us to scrap more cars.

My mum has had a Lifeline fall detector for about 18 months.The standby battery went tits up so they sent a new detector & base unit....which has done nothing but cause grief since she got it.They're now sending another replacement detector & base unit.

Then to cap my day I bought a ticket for Watford's first match back in the EPL & they have a new ticketing system.You buy the ticket on their website then download it onto their app on your smartphone....except the app won't let me login.f**k knows what all the old codgers without smartphones are going to do.Tried ringing the ticket office...."You are # 8 in the queue"👹

Not happy with things electrickery at the moment!

PS I am an old codger but I have got a smartphone.

57 minutes ago, andyajn said:

Just swum over from France by any chance?

:lol: 

Na, there was only 3!

35 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Tourists?....More like locals these days....

Not in Saffend!

It's like what the East End was 30 years ago, before such 'tourists' pushed the locals out. 

All West ham tops, loads of 'geezers' with their missus having more tattoos than me!

20 minutes ago, Krapow said:

:lol: 

Na, there was only 3!

Not in Saffend!

It's like what the East End was 30 years ago, before such 'tourists' pushed the locals out. 

All West ham tops, loads of 'geezers' with their missus having more tattoos than me!

I did a lot of work at Southend Airport off & on from 1996 to 2016.Mostly stayed in Westcliffe which would give a shithole a good name.But I can remember walking down the seafront to Southend a few times & seeing quite a few people like in your pic bathing fully clothed.

While I was there I saw a female dermatologist through BUPA,she appeared to be Indian & after the examination we got talking,she'd come over from Kenya.I asked her if she lived in Southend "God no!....It used to be retired east end gangsters but now it's Somalian gun runners" was what she said.

I used to eat in Fisherman's Wharf a lot & then go to the Foresters for something that smelled fishy but wasn't fish.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Just bought an annual travel insurance policy - £162

Covid cover - before and during trips 

Up to 92 days in one trip 

£10m medical insurance 

more expensive than I've paid before , but wasn't as bad as I expected ... 👍

That doesn't sound too bad for a year. 

• Like 1

Just relaxing after getting stressed again over the idea of going to Europe in 2 weeks.

Was reading the small print about passport validity and realised that since Jan 2021 (after Brexit) a UK passport is not valid to enter Europe unless less than 10 years old.  Well my passport does not expire until May 2022 but it was issued on 12 August 2011 which means my passport will be 10 years old in 13 days and moreover your passport needs to be valid for 3 months after you leave the EU but that 3 months must still be within a 10 year validity.  Basically my passport is no good to let me travel on 13 August as extra months that were added on from the previous passport's validity are no longer valid.  The post office now tells me that effectively that means passports are now valid for 9.5 years before needing to be renewed. 

Went online to find Fast track (1 week service), had no appointments until 12 August, not enough time to send my passport back to me.  Noticed a mention that due covid the premium service was not available and was about to admit defeat but a link to the GOV.UK site seemed to offer that very premium service.

Found that I can get my passport next week if I uploaded a photo, paid £177 and wasn't fussy as to where I picked up the passport.  In to town and got a photo taken at Max Spielman photo shop, got a code as well which can be uploaded directly to the passport office with my pic.  Even threw in a USB stick holding my pics for a £1.

Back home and filled in the application form, booked an appointment where I will then receive my new passport within 30 mins.

All great except I will be going from Neath in south Wales to Liverpool next week to pick up the passport.  When I was looking earlier the only options were Glasgow or Belfast so getting an appointment in Liverpool is a bonus.

Still 50/50 on whether my holiday will actually take place but it won't be through lack of trying and extra cost.

A trip to ride the donkeys on Weymouth beach is starting to look interesting, still may happen.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Surprised 1

I'm trying to figure out how to substitute for sour cream.  I use it in several recipes but so far it's been missing from the cooler sections in Tops, Makro, and Lotus's (formerly Tesco) for over two weeks.

Today was when we went to the Lotus's, and their paper products aisle was also pretty bare except for house brand stuff.  Other than those the shelves and coolers were well stocked.

Also today I stopped at an appliance shop on the way and bought an extra refrigerator to put in the outdoor kitchen, but at Lotus's because they're inside a shopping center they're not allowed to sell anything but food and household supplies.  I wanted to price compare the fridges with what I bought but they're roped off.

Life in a dark red province.

Edited by tko
'cause