What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

About to go and pick up my new blue passport at the Liverpool passport office. Only 2 mins from my hotel. 

Unfortunately I then need a 4 hour drive back to south Wales but as it is the first time I have been back to Liverpool in 50 years it has been a great experience.

Beats the Newport office near my home for sure.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2021 at 7:13 AM, boydeste said:

Having a lazy morning waiting for the delivery of some new reels to go onto my new rods.

Also looking to buy a van, so having a gander around all the garages that have them to see what you get for your money.

Considering buying a van when I get back to LOS and fitting it out. Can probably find a good van cheap now. Labor costs are also low there, so should be able to deck it out nicely. We shall see...

Would be nice to have a van to tool around S.E. Asia in. That is... if this friggin shit ever gets leveled off !

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The van dilemma continues.

My brother is encouraging me to pay the extra for a new van, based on the fact that I plan to keep it a long time and I can get exactly what I want. Me being my normal self, struggle to bring myself to pay new vehicle prices, but, I contacted the main dealers for Peugeot, Citreon and Ford today to give me a quote for my requirements.

Citreon have just come in with a quote which is only a couple of grand higher than what I was going to pay for a 2 year old van this weekend. This has shocked me as it is 6 to 8 grand under normal new price!

Excited to see what the other companies come back with now, we have a van shortage so I wasn't expecting that.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, boydeste said:

The van dilemma continues.

My brother is encouraging me to pay the extra for a new van, based on the fact that I plan to keep it a long time and I can get exactly what I want. Me being my normal self, struggle to bring myself to pay new vehicle prices, but, I contacted the main dealers for Peugeot, Citreon and Ford today to give me a quote for my requirements.

Citreon have just come in with a quote which is only a couple of grand higher than what I was going to pay for a 2 year old van this weekend. This has shocked me as it is 6 to 8 grand under normal new price!

Excited to see what the other companies come back with now, we have a van shortage so I wasn't expecting that.

Looking forward to seeing pics of the NEW van. And, possible taking a ride in it one day, down to the local pub at least. :default_geri:

• Like 1

Just been reading an article about who is entering the next edition of 'Strictly Come Dancing'.  Now I will say at this point I have never watched this program and I still won't after reading who the 'celebrities' will be (note small letters).

It appears that I must be an out of touch dinosaur who is obviously not part of the demographic the show is aimed at because the only 'celebrity' (note I still use small letters) that I appear to know is a guy called Dan Walker who is a BBC morning TV presenter.

I can't think of any reason to watch the show although I have seen pictures of some of the female dancing partners that might be worth no more than 5 minutes.

11 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Just been reading an article about who is entering the next edition of 'Strictly Come Dancing'.  Now I will say at this point I have never watched this program and I still won't after reading who the 'celebrities' will be (note small letters).

It appears that I must be an out of touch dinosaur who is obviously not part of the demographic the show is aimed at because the only 'celebrity' (note I still use small letters) that I appear to know is a guy called Dan Walker who is a BBC morning TV presenter.

I can't think of any reason to watch the show although I have seen pictures of some of the female dancing partners that might be worth no more than 5 minutes.

Same. I barely know any of these people who are apparently celebrities in some parallel universe in which I don't exist. I detest the 'celebrity' versions of shows at the best of times but seeing these publicity seeking nonentities 'dancing' like plonkers has got to be the ultimate nightmare of banality and utter shiite time wasting. 🤮

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Same. I barely know any of these people who are apparently celebrities in some parallel universe in which I don't exist. I detest the 'celebrity' versions of shows at the best of times but seeing these publicity seeking nonentities 'dancing' like plonkers has got to be the ultimate nightmare of banality and utter shiite time wasting. 🤮

Not for me either , but they get 13million viewers , so a few people enjoy it 

15 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Not for me either , but they get 13million viewers , so a few people enjoy it 

Of course they do. I can't believe some of the Saturday night crap I used to watch back in the 70's/80's but these days I prefer violence, sex, crime, cookery, dark comedy and the odd good BBC drama. 

Anne Widdecombe dancing round like a yellow banana just don't cut it for me anymore.

Unknown-1.jpeg

• Haha 2

Packed and ready to head to Heathrow tomorrow.  Will check in baggage tomorrow after 4 pm so all documentation can be checked.  Hopefully all OK and able to depart on Friday at 0915 to Rhodes.

I won't believe it until we are heading down the runway and lifting into the air.

• Thumbs Up 1