What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

48 minutes ago, Painter said:

Breakfast meeting with race team.

View isn't bad....

Β 

20210812_193556.jpg

When I had to stop playing rugby a drinking buddy asked a mate and me to crew on his racing yacht.

TBH I was a bit sceptical at first (thought we would just be ballast πŸ™„which I guess we were to start with) it was a month or so till we clicked as a team but it has to be said, I never knew you could have so much fun going so slowly without any bodily contact.

Used to sail out of Lymington a couple or 3 times a week, I was the kite man and occasionally on the bow, panicking 😁. Man a lot of people took it very seriously, the Tuesday evening series from RLYC in particular. The finish line was opposite the club which meant white knuckle racing up the river sometimes, dealing with moored boats, pleasure boaters and the IOW passenger ferry. 

Not for the faint hearted πŸ€ͺ ironically the most nail bitingly close finish we had was kedging over the line at Yarmouth.

Good times πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ƒ

Β 

Edited by Smiler
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, Smiler said:

When I had to stop playing rugby a drinking buddy asked if a mate and me to crew on his racing yacht.

TBH I was a bit sceptical at first (thought we would just be ballast πŸ™„which I guess we were to start with) it was a month or so till we clicked as a team but it has to be said, I never knew you could have so much fun going so slowly without any bodily contact.

Used to sail out of Lymington a couple or 3 times a week, I was the kite man and occasionally on the bow, panicking 😁. Man a lot of people took it very seriously, the Tuesday evening series from RLYC in particular. The finish line was opposite the club which meant white knuckle racing up the river sometimes, dealing with moored boats, pleasure boaters and the IOW passenger ferry. 

Not for the faint hearted πŸ€ͺ ironically the most nail bitingly close finish we had was kedging over the line at Yarmouth.

Good times πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ƒ

Β 

I rarely race these days... when I do it's mainly in a 30 footer in the clubs Thursday evening cruise race. Ironically, I'm usually asked when the winds are heavier....! We dont take it too seriously and laugh most of the way round, but the boat's rule is no beer until we pass the beacon going to the finish...

I do more dinghy race management at the moment, either committee boat stuff, or this week in the race box co-ordinating the safety of 300 odd competitors.Β  Forecast says 19-20 knots with gusts of 30.... today might be a bit stressful!

• Like 3

Friends asked me to come down to Puerto Vallarta Mexico for a month or two. Β I guess, I’ll monitor the situation in LOS for the next month and then make a decision. Β I would like to be somewhere warm and fun for the winter.Β 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Well didn't think I would be at an airport anytime soon but here weΒ are. All checked in and waiting for our 0915 flight to Rhodes, Greece.

2 weeks of searing heat, beautiful beaches,Β great restaurants serving fabulous MediterraneanΒ  food, 2 swimming pools in hotel plus the deliciousΒ Mythos beer.

Can't wait.20210813_070216.jpg

20210813_073123.jpg

20210813_073129.jpg

Safe travels and enjoy.

• Thumbs Up 1

My wife just told me "Sometimes, you're kind of lazy" I was astonished, I handled it well.

I told her to f**k off LOL! Then just arrived in my "Man Cave" and saw A-Yeon do this drum solo! I feel better now.Β 

Sad.................................But True LOL!Β 

Β 

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Surprised 1

5 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

My wife just told me "Sometimes, you're kind of lazy" I was astonished, I handled it well.

I told her to f**k off LOL! Then just arrived in my "Man Cave" and saw A-Yeon do this drum solo! I feel better now.Β 

Β 

I would have bent her over the table and showed her who is lazy. :default_fun:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Β 

Did you notice the magic bra strap πŸ™‚Β 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Painter said:

Breakfast meeting with race team.

View isn't bad....

Β 

20210812_193556.jpg

Β 

Reminds me of a visit I took once to Dumfrise Scotland. Walking out in the morning when the tide was out. I'd never seen anything like that. Fascinating. And an absolutely wonderful part of the world.

20210814_181500.jpgSitting watching Chelsea in a bar in Greece drinking a pint of Alpha, life is good.

You have got to enjoy yourself, do the best for your family and stop reading fake news on social media or taking notice of trolls on Thailand 247.

Contented on holiday!

Edited by Horizondave
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

20210814_181500.jpgSitting watching Chelsea in a bar in Greece drinking a pint of Alpha, life is good.

You have got to enjoy yourself, do the best for your family and stop reading fake news on social media or taking notice of trolls on Thailand 247.

Contented on holiday!

Nice, bright atmosphere in that place looks like. I've never seen anything quite like it.Β 

I got a Thai language owner's manual with the new ride. I can read some, but not that.Β  I found that the Toyota website had one available for download in English (and it was printed in Thailand).Β  I'll see if they can get me a book one for the glove box when I go in for our 1,000km/1 month check up.Β  With schools, restaurants, and so many other things closed here since we went dark red, I doubt I'll hit 400km before I hit 1 month.

53 minutes ago, tko said:

I got a Thai language owner's manual with the new ride. I can read some, but not that.Β  I found that the Toyota website had one available for download in English (and it was printed in Thailand).Β  I'll see if they can get me a book one for the glove box when I go in for our 1,000km/1 month check up.Β  With schools, restaurants, and so many other things closed here since we went dark red, I doubt I'll hit 400km before I hit 1 month.

My '92 BMW 325i was originally sold new in Japan with LHD, and the original owner's manual is entirely in Japanese - thankfully the Β car is simple enough that I never need to refer to it anyway, and I have a downloaded English manual from a later manual if I do get stuck...