What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Absolutely putrid day here - blowing like hell and raining on and off all day, a great day for hanging out in the pubs which is what I did; supposedly clearing tomorrow and not looking bad for next week, which will hopefully come true as we don't have much summer left at this latitude....

Getting excited about going to my first live football match for many years being Hearts vs Aberdeen.

It will not be quite a full house because of some minor restrictions but expecting about 18,000 spectators which will be deafening given how close the stands are to the pitch.

When I picked up my season ticket I had a quick look in the club shop for an appropriate shirt in the clubs colour. I am by no means mean but paying 50 pounds for a footy shirt is a bit like being mugged. So the following day I went into Primark in the shopping center and bought a  cotton jumper in the club's maroon.

IMG_20210820_113432.jpg

Cost?

5 pounds!

Left me with a warm glow that I was contributing towards a bowl of rice for some guy working away in India.

Yes, I did notice the left sleeve is about an inch or so longer than the right.  🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Butch said:

Going to cook pla neung manao with a tilapia instead of the normal Sea Bream that I use.

It's be either a resounding success or unmitigated disaster. fingers crossed!

I have never cooked the dish you are referring to. 

It's been a while since I've cook up some tilapia. But, I do recall it's holds up pretty good, reasonably firm,

I hope you get some pics. 

Just looking over some pics of the "Fab 4" Beatles tribute band we saw Friday night at the Mountain Winery. 

Have alot more to look at...so nice to get out and forget about all the crap going on in the world and turn back the clock.

These guys are outstanding. Only wifey could say " Dey weally look like da Beatles and sound like dem too"!  Outstanding.

I'll buy you a diamond ring my friend
If it makes you feel all right
I'll get you anything my friend
If it makes you feel all right
'Cause I don't care too much for money.....
For money can't buy me love

DSC01066.JPG

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Painter said:

Watching a ship from her majesty's navy going out to play...

20210822_135555.jpg

Crap photo... phone on almost max zoom.... and the water level in the solent is horizontal,  not sloping....

Love sitting and watching ships pass, especially at night. Can't beat it.

6 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Got to give wifey some credit, she did good on the opening song Na Krap? LOL! Shot with her Samsung Galaxy A12. 

I did a few double takes , when I first saw a Thai version of the Beatles walking up Soi 4 , think they had a regular spot somewhere, as I saw them on a couple of occasions 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jambo said:

Yes, I did notice the left sleeve is about an inch or so longer than the right. 

Perhaps the tailor thought that you kept your wallet in the right hand pocket and that your right arm had naturally grown shorter.

Perhaps Primark have a whole range of clothing made "Scottish style" ..

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Stillearly said:

I did a few double takes , when I first saw a Thai version of the Beatles walking up Soi 4 , think they had a regular spot somewhere, as I saw them on a couple of occasions 

I see them in Hua Hin on my last trip.  Pretty good too!

• Like 3

Hallelujah, summer has returned to Scotland after a two week sabbatical.

Going to spend the afternoon relaxing in the garden reading a novel by my favorite author Bernard Cornwell and enjoying a couple of cold ones.

• Like 1