What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

2 hours ago, galenkia said:

Nicest day of the week so took a ride out to Loomies cafe in West Meon, Hampshire, about 40 miles away. Nice ride as its almost all 50/60 mph A roads except a 4 mile bit of M3. 

Weekends you get a lot of bikes there, but a few were starting to turn up. Stopped off at Box Hill on the way back. About 120 miles all in. 

IMG_20210903_101618.jpg

IMG_20210903_104513_BURST006.jpg

IMG_20210903_101516.jpg

IMG_20210903_104552.jpg

Used to be a Little Chef, I believe.

The West Meon Hut (the pub down the hill at the cross roads) used to be a regular haunt of mine in the dim and distant past as it was half way between my place and some friends. Just further up the road was a strange "pub", that one time was a micro brewery, and at another a strip club.  I, of course, never visited it in either guise ....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Been playing with my central heating all afternoon, micro bore is the bane of my life.

Time to go for my daily walk.

I think I may just pop the cork on a nice bottle of red so it can breath for when I get back.

My fixing days are done with. It's a huge reason why when I finally get out of my current place I will be renting from here on out. 

• Like 2

Last night I had the drunken munchies so I decided to dive into my frozen hash browns that I bought 3kg for 45 baht. I put five on a plate in the 'wave, mashed them up and they were effing lovely.

So today I am reliving one of my happiest days in "Bite Me" ...I am trying out various strengths of garlic mashed potatoes, but I am using cheap charlie hash browns and chopped garlic done in the microwave.!!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Last night I had the drunken munchies so I decided to dive into my frozen hash browns that I bought 3kg for 45 baht. I put five on a plate in the 'wave, mashed them up and they were effing lovely.

So today I am reliving one of my happiest days in "Bite Me" ...I am trying out various strengths of garlic mashed potatoes, but I am using cheap charlie hash browns and chopped garlic done in the microwave.!!!

You can never have enough garlic!

I'm about to sit in the garden on a lovely English September morning with a bowl of oats and blueberries, read the paper and listen to some music.I've got a pretty heavy week ahead of me at work, today is my only day off in 2 weeks so I'm going to make the most of it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Butch said:

I'm about to sit in the garden on a lovely English September morning with a bowl of oats and blueberries, read the paper and listen to some music.I've got a pretty heavy week ahead of me at work, today is my only day off in 2 weeks so I'm going to make the most of it.

I used up 4 heads of garlic before drinking a litre of homebrew and falling asleep.

The Ganges must smell better than my breath at the moment!

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Butch said:

Yup, love garlic.

Sounds like a great way to spend your day off after a long run of work.

Enjoy.

• Like 1

Just been out for a stroll, noticed a new Mexican place getting ready for opening, lots of cool Mexican paintings being done inside.

Was talking to the owner, thankfully a Mexican, he said his chef had just finished quarantine, had came to the UK from Mexico via Spain. 

The menu looks good, and there's lots of such places, well moreso chains, who are no more Mexican than me. Thankfully this looks the real deal. 

Seeing lots of new places opening, and they all have the same complaint, they can't get staff. 

20210903_133526.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Watching a CNN documentary on 9/11…..20 years ago now, where does the time go??? 

Really good source of info how things unfolded.  The Frenchmen who filmed the first plane hitting the tower had actually been hanging out with a fire crew for days , filming their own reality documentary 

RIP to all the victims, Christ the poor souls who chose jumping over being burned to death…..I can’t fathom making that choice

4653FABF-860F-4E99-A592-EA73A92DBA46.jpeg

Edited by Golfingboy

51 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Watching a CNN documentary on 9/11…..20 years ago now, where does the time go??? 

I have 2 distinct memories of the incident.

- I was in my hotel room in KL watching the early stages of the first plane strike when I got a call from the agency downstairs to say that my passport was ready for collection in the lobby with the appropriate stamps. I  jumped in the lift, picked up my passport and rejoined the lift. A couple  joined me in the lift with their suitcases. I asked where they were from. "New York" they said. So I told them to cancel their plans and switch on the TV when they get to their rooms . "You're drunk" "You've been watching a movie" the bloke said. He fell short of saying "f**k off you drunken c**t you are frightening my wife". After I continued to tell them, they got out. I have no idea what happened after that.

- My second memory may sound flippant but I was sitting outside the Landmark hotel with a mate reading the BP. It was reporting on the service where all the names were read out and in the bottom corner of the third page was an article that Kap Choeng Immigration now allowed International access... Sad but true!

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Self isolating,got a gastroscopy on Thursday so had to have a Covid test yesterday.They'll only tell me if I tested positive but I don't have any symptoms.

I get acid reflux & a couple of weeks ago coughed up some red stuff(& it wasn't Beaujolais)so exactly two weeks after a telephone consultation with a GP I'n going to get a camera down my gullet.

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

Self isolating,got a gastroscopy on Thursday so had to have a Covid test yesterday.They'll only tell me if I tested positive but I don't have any symptoms.

I get acid reflux & a couple of weeks ago coughed up some red stuff(& it wasn't Beaujolais)so exactly two weeks after a telephone consultation with a GP I'n going to get a camera down my gullet.

I had that done 10 or so years ago, because I was munching on anti-acids all the time.  After the camera job they just told me to take a omezeperole capsule everyday.  No problems since then.