What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

13 minutes ago, tko said:

I had that done 10 or so years ago, because I was munching on anti-acids all the time.  After the camera job they just told me to take a omezeperole capsule everyday.  No problems since then.

I've been on Omeprazole for some years & didn't have any acid reflux for ages until about 5 or 6 weeks ago when I had quite a bad bout of it.Then 2 weeks ago the red stuff.Originally the GP said I didn't qualify for a quick gastroscopy because I wasn't losing weight & had no difficulty swallowing but he said he'd try his best to get me one.Well done GP.

I last had one in Nov 2016 & had another due this Nov.

2 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

I've been on Omeprazole for some years & didn't have any acid reflux for ages until about 5 or 6 weeks ago when I had quite a bad bout of it.Then 2 weeks ago the red stuff.Originally the GP said I didn't qualify for a quick gastroscopy because I wasn't losing weight & had no difficulty swallowing but he said he'd try his best to get me one.Well done GP.

I last had one in Nov 2016 & had another due this Nov.

I was the exact same, Omeprazole stopped working if i ate anything after 5pm, even a packet of cheese and onion crisps would see me walking up in the night coughing with reflux.

No good for a man that likes his spicy food like me.

Went and got the scope again, and they confirmed again what i already knew, i had a hiatus hernia. 

The offered the Op to fix it, which i accepted, did the Op about 3 months later, been brilliant ever since, no more need for any reflux medication, spicy curried R US ....

Great job NHS!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Krapow said:

I was the exact same, Omeprazole stopped working if i ate anything after 5pm, even a packet of cheese and onion crisps would see me walking up in the night coughing with reflux.

No good for a man that likes his spicy food like me.

Went and got the scope again, and they confirmed again what i already knew, i had a hiatus hernia. 

The offered the Op to fix it, which i accepted, did the Op about 3 months later, been brilliant ever since, no more need for any reflux medication, spicy curried R US ....

Great job NHS!

Yep I remember getting my hernia,in a new to me gym I saw a prone hamstring exercise machine,where you lie on your front & bring your legs up behind you.Hadn't been on one of those since my 30's & I was a tad overenthusiastic.Felt a tearing in my upper chest & some time later was coughing a lot so saw a gastroenterologist.He said 50% of the population have one & so that percentage must get higher with higher age groups.

I'll enquire about an op if I'm ok on Thursday.

9 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Yep I remember getting my hernia,in a new to me gym I saw a prone hamstring exercise machine,where you lie on your front & bring your legs up behind you.Hadn't been on one of those since my 30's & I was a tad overenthusiastic.Felt a tearing in my upper chest & some time later was coughing a lot so saw a gastroenterologist.He said 50% of the population have one & so that percentage must get higher with higher age groups.

I'll enquire about an op if I'm ok on Thursday.

It's a keyhole Op, just 4 little incisions, i only have 2 small visible scars left now.

I think 2 days in hospital in total, sent home with liquid painkillers, as you're kinda on a liquid/well mashed diet for a good few days. Actually lose a bit of weight.

Wish i'd have got it done sooner TBH. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Packing boxes, sorting stuff, selling some of it, the rest in the bin. No more storing shit.

A few boxes will be shipped later. Many small things (the important stuff) will be crammed into the three large bags I will bring, other boxes shipped later.

Hopefully I will be out of here for good by the first of the year.

**** I lived (in LOS during Corona) for a year and a half away from "my stuff", never missed any of it. There are some things that you just have to hold onto. But 80 % can be forgotten. Life from here on out will be strictly minimal. And I am thankful for that.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Sitting in the south wing BA lounge having a cup of tea, off to Prague at 0955. Not eating as I will get a hot meal onboard. 

Trip report will be posted later. 

I love Prague.

IMG20210908082020.jpg

Safe travels, looking forward to the TR as I have never been.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, boydeste said:

Safe travels, looking forward to the TR as I have never been.

Neither have I, and has been in the top 2 of places I want to visit for several years. 

Perhaps in a couple years, after I get myself properly situated, I can get myself to London for a proper viewing of your new van and then head to Prague for a few days. 

:default_cheers: 

• Like 1

Had the camera down my gullet today,third time I've had it & it doesn't get any nicer.

The consultant said nothing to get alarmed about but took some biopsies & said get another gastroscopy in five years.

But he did say that the GP put on the referral that I had vomited the blood up....I told him that I'd coughed it up during a bout of acid reflux.This guy says that if I coughed it up then it came from my chest so that should be investigated by a different department.

@Krapow He said that I only have a small hernia & best to carry on with the Omeprazole.

• Like 3