What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Had to go to the dentist today, I broke a piece of tooth off at the weekend which resulted in a bit of sensitivity. 

End result is I am home with a new filling and a mouth that doesn't belong. It should thaw out soon, but in the mean time dinner was eaten very slowly. Lol

43 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Had to go to the dentist today, I broke a piece of tooth off at the weekend which resulted in a bit of sensitivity. 

End result is I am home with a new filling and a mouth that doesn't belong. It should thaw out soon, but in the mean time dinner was eaten very slowly. Lol

Not nearly as traumatic as your last big dental incident...   OMG !

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Nothing quite as bad thankfully.  It was the adjacent tooth though.

Good to always take care of that sooner rather than putting it off. As you did.

Often people put off what seem to be minor issues that later turn into huge, painful, expensive procedures.

Example.... not having a cavity filled that later turns into a root cannel. ouch !

Or.... not getting a Covid vaxx. And croaking.    :default_crazy:

2 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Good to always take care of that sooner rather than putting it off. As you did.

Often people put off what seem to be minor issues that later turn into huge, painful, expensive procedures.

Example.... not having a cavity filled that later turns into a root cannel. ouch !

Or.... not getting a Covid vaxx. And croaking.    :default_crazy:

One of my best buddies let one go (an infected tooth), developed sepsis, had a stroke, several amputations...and eventually died in the hospital (60yo). RIP

I go to the dentist now lickety-split.

• Sad 3

Just returned from Mo's corner shop with my daily rag. There is something satisfying in getting your fingers dirty with a real newspaper.

If I had any doubt I was back in Scotland that was put to rest when I saw a heavy frost on all the parked cars.

Winters coming!

On 10/20/2021 at 1:09 PM, john luke said:

I am not 100% sure but my understanding is that hotel quarantine is only required following entry to UK from a country on the red list, which Thailand no longer is.  My understanding is that Noi would be required to do 10 days self isolation at home.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-quarantine-when-you-arrive-in-england

Thanks, I had forgotten that. Only problem is that  we would be living in Scotland where the laws are different  - e.g. at present masks MUST be worn on public transport and maybe in shops.

Alan

5 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I am just back from the "new" market on Soi Buakhao. From what I saw there seemed a lot less food stuff on offer and buggered if I could find a sports bra and corset to fit me on any of the stalls. If my Thai is correct I think one bloke suggested finding a circus with performing hippos to find something in my size. 

Your obviously looking in the wrong place Mr. Dangle.

Maybe you should look here mate, head up Soi Siam Country Club, across the railway junction then about 100mtrs on the left side.

No, we don't need a picture if you do find something suitable, although on 2nd thoughts...........55555

Screenshot (55).png

• Haha 3

Just been to the dentist on am emergency appointment. A month ago a tooth broke and a piece ended up in my food, a week later the filling fell out so I knew I needed it fixed although I had no pain. 

Ever since I moved to Neath I have been unable to register with a dentist (although my 6 year old has).  A little sensitivity today saw me calling 111 who arranged for a dental nurse to call me back; she offered me the very dentist that my daughter is with so I got a 4pm appointment.  Now I have a temporary filling with a need to go back in 1 month. As it is follow up treatment they were able to make an appointment for me.

The dentist said my teeth were in excellent condition, no gum disease or other problems, no decay around the broken tooth so just the filling. Result

Just got back from a day trip to London with the Mrs as she had a meeting.

I went to the Imperial War Museum to have a look, they also have a Holocaust Exhibit which is very interesting and very moving indeed.

If anyone happens to get the chance, I highly recommend it. Free entry and go to the info desk for a ticket for the Exhibit which is on the second floor and free as wel (but a ticket is needed for entry) .

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1