What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

3 hours ago, boydeste said:

Fitting new radiators with the help of a friend.

Good you are getting some help. Amazing how much smoother a job can usually go with some backup.

Going to start getting cold soon. Good time to get those babies cranking.

• Like 2

Just realising after turning on BBC daytime TV that women's football is really not interesting to me.

0900 in the morning expecting something of interest, of importance and the BBC are getting Alex Scott and Gabbi Logan to discuss the upcoming women's Euro draw as if it is of real interest to me. I would rather just let my daughter watch one of her cartoons than that crap.

• Thumbs Up 4

17 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Good you are getting some help. Amazing how much smoother a job can usually go with some backup.

Going to start getting cold soon. Good time to get those babies cranking.

Yup, I am changing 7 at once, if it had been just one I would have done it myself.

On day two now, 3 x doubles fitted and one single. Time to refill the system and check for leaks before we do any more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

Yup, I am changing 7 at once, if it had been just one I would have done it myself.

On day two now, 3 x doubles fitted and one single. Time to refill the system and check for leaks before we do any more.

Installed a towel radiator last week on my own. Real issues with getting all the rads hot again. Endless swithing on and off. But good now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, john1000 said:

Installed a towel radiator last week on my own. Real issues with getting all the rads hot again. Endless swithing on and off. But good now.

I have a micro bore system, so the radiators are mostly on 8mm pipe.

Fucking nightmare to bleed all of the air out.

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, john1000 said:

Installed electric towel radiators in my US home. That and heated floors in the bathrooms were one of my better investments.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Installed electric towel radiators in my US home. That and heated floors in the bathrooms were one of my better investments.

Having been brought up in the countryside, then serving in the military it was a truly strange experience when I visited a friend in Espoo, Finland years ago. I couldn't understand how my body didn't feel cold and the weird experience of my feet feeling warm .....in December!

On 10/28/2021 at 3:26 PM, Horizondave said:

Just realising after turning on BBC daytime TV that women's football is really not interesting to me.

0900 in the morning expecting something of interest, of importance and the BBC are getting Alex Scott and Gabbi Logan to discuss the upcoming women's Euro draw as if it is of real interest to me. I would rather just let my daughter watch one of her cartoons than that crap.

I've been told the ticket prices for the game v NI at Southampton.

- 15 quid behind the goal

- 45 quid half way line

- 100 quid for in the bath after the game

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, boydeste said:

Don't forget the inhibitor.

• Like 1

Are there microbes in the system? - some kind of mould spores or something getting in a multiplying where it shouldn't be?. That's pretty gross, reminds me of @Nightcrawler 's underpants after they got washed for the first time.

I've had black mould coming out of my mains feed cold taps for years, the Water company seems to think it's between the house and their feed, I beg to differ. Bloody pain in the bum.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Butch said:

Are there microbes in the system? - some kind of mould spores or something getting in a multiplying where it shouldn't be?. That's pretty gross, reminds me of @Nightcrawler 's underpants after they got washed for the first time.

I've had black mould coming out of my mains feed cold taps for years, the Water company seems to think it's between the house and their feed, I beg to differ. Bloody pain in the bum.

It was a build up of sludge in the bottom of the tank, not sure why it builds up like that, but am pretty sure it's the route cause of my blockages. I have been running a special chemical through my system for the past month and it has lifted that crap off the tank wallls so that we could clean it out. Unfortunately it hasn't unblocked 2 feed pipes. Now back to old school, rip the floor up and chop out the offending pipes, assuming we can get access to them.

1 hour ago, roomark said:

Just woke up with a banging head 05.35 and pitch dark

View from my hotel room that building to the left is Liverpool Echo Arena the wheel in front and Liver Buildings by the Mersey.

Watched Richard Ashcroft (The Verve) there last night what a concert.

Also same picture as I arrived yesterday in the daytime.

Next hangover LOS in December all being well 🍻🍻

20211030_051132.jpg

Great to be back at live gigs again ain't it mate. Really enjoyed Level 42 a few weeks back. That was my first one in 2 years, since I was at the HRH Rock weekend at Yarmouth. Got 3 gigs in 10 days end of the month. Hope you get out to Thailand mate. 👍

• Thanks 1