What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Just now, galenkia said:

At least it replaces the meaningless friendlies with 11 substitutions at half time.

Though how serious some nations take it will soon be seen.

The jury is very much out. One garunteed place in the Euros should pique interest but I can still see it being a real flop.

Just now, dcfc2007 said:

The jury is very much out. One garunteed place in the Euros should pique interest but I can still see it being a real flop.

Hopefully gives those who attended the friendlies a bit more value for their hard earned cash.Friendlies are just a glorified training session.

But you get the feeling its just about milking more TV money.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, galenkia said:

Hopefully gives those who attended the friendlies a bit more value for their hard earned cash.Friendlies are just a glorified training session.

But you get the feeling its just about milking more TV money.

That's exactly what it's about. Same as extending the world cup to 40 odd teams. FIFA is chasing the TV money. Such a shame as the world cup showed us how good international football can be. In 2026 we'll be watching Belarus v Cape Verde islands at the world cup.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, farangme said:

Kids just left for school. She's getting ready for another 13 hour shift. Me, bored shitless. 

Bit of plastering and painting today all on my lonesome. Nobody to moan at. Aint life wonderful. Not.

Why aren't you at Friday prayers?

Just had lunch at one of our regular place, a restaurant, not a pub.

Group of Aussies comes in (2M / 3F)  and order beers.. big ones for the boys, small ones for the women. And their they go, all drinking from the bottle.... 

They order food, and guess...continue to drink from the bottle....

FFS have they ever heard about social behaviour ?

Well, I guess it could have been worst...at least they had a Tshirt on !

Yeah, I know its the "elite" they send here....but still FFS !

Another couple comes in, and first thing the woman does is put her feet on a chair....

Its a fecking restaurant !