What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

18 minutes ago, Krapow said:

They only refunded me for 2 of the 3 fares, i had to call them as well, said it was a 'glitch', got the 3rd a couple of days later. All within a couple of weeks.

That's not bad actually.

I waited months for mine back in the early days of this mess. It was AA.

Their systems are ancient, and the data they consume is massive. Just one more thing to contend with, but usually sorts itself out.

Happy to say that I got a full refund for my recently-cancelled Cathay Pacific flight in exactly one week. 

Heat wave happening here right now, was -11C when I arose this morning and has since gone up to -6C; feels like spring after that nasty week of -40 or so. I just spent 3.5 hrs clearing snow in my yard both by machine and by hand and think I will let the woodstove burn out overnight and give my chimney a scrub tomorrow, once I have dug through 2' of snow on the roof to get to it...

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

I am fluffing up the cushions, getting the drinks and popcorn ready, the phone will be on silent and I won't be answering the door.

Hope Boris doesn't disappoint at parliamentary question time from 1200 till 1230.

I am looking forward to the fireworks, hope it doesn't end up as a damp squib though. At least Angela Rayner will light up the commons, even looks like she has been to the parlour.

Can't see how Boris will survive although no doubt he will be smirking with little truth being uttered.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

I am fluffing up the cushions, getting the drinks and popcorn ready, the phone will be on silent and I won't be answering the door.

Hope Boris doesn't disappoint at parliamentary question time from 1200 till 1230.

I am looking forward to the fireworks, hope it doesn't end up as a damp squib though. At least Angela Rayner will light up the commons, even looks like she has been to the parlour.

Can't see how Boris will survive although no doubt he will be smirking with little truth being uttered.

Wonder if Angela will repeat her behaviour from the party conference last year and call him Tory scum.😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Wonder if Angela will repeat her behaviour from the party conference last year and call him Tory scum.😀

I never agreed with her then but I do now, she has mellowed, Boris has become trash.

I was a moderate voter like many but when the moderates are calling for Boris to go he should do the decent thing and resign otherwise he and a lot of other Tories will be losing their seats at the next election.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Back in my room early tonight after an evening stroll and a feed, off the booze now for a few days. Just put the TV on and the new 007 has started. No Time To Die.

Ice cold water and a movie to watch. 

No snooker coverage in Thailand? 

Trump vs Allen on at the moment 

3 hours ago, boydeste said:

Back in my room early tonight after an evening stroll and a feed, off the booze now for a few days. Just put the TV on and the new 007 has started. No Time To Die.

Ice cold water and a movie to watch. 

No Speakeasys then? 🤣

Hit a Brickwall tonight ended up on Soi 4 Morning Night , Stumble Inn and Hilary's (best was Morning Night by far)

Earlier had a quick nip down to MBK absolutely shocked half the stalls are closed down due to Covid and what was once a bustling Shopping Centre was really a ghost place.

The city is half dead for foot traffic around Lower Suk , but tonight I'm just not bothered nor in the mood I haven't had a night off in ages. 

Kinda wish I'd stayed in Phuket till the end 🙄😆

Doing Wat Pra Keaw early tomorrow so need some energy .

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1

1 hour ago, roomark said:

No Speakeasys then? 🤣

Hit a Brickwall tonight ended up on Soi 4 Morning Night , Stumble Inn and Hilary's (best was Morning Night by far)

Earlier had a quick nip down to MBK absolutely shocked half the stalls are closed down due to Covid and what was once a bustling Shopping Centre was really a ghost place.

The city is half dead for foot traffic around Lower Suk , but tonight I'm just not bothered nor in the mood I haven't had a night off in ages. 

Kinda wish I'd stayed in Phuket till the end 🙄😆

Doing Wat Pra Keaw early tomorrow so need some energy .

Nana Plaza square was quite busy last week when I was there. Live bands every night etc ...

Past Hilary's was deserted and really dark.

Found the changes on Lower Suk not to my liking. More high rise soulless condos .... plenty of katoeys about if that rocks your boat. 

Soi 11 was much better. Restaurants very busy and both Hilary bars were open .... Cowboy was closed and as you say MBK also dead. Good news is it was much easier to get around ....

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

2 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Nana Plaza square was quite busy last week when I was there. Live bands every night etc ...

Past Hilary's was deserted and really dark.

Found the changes on Lower Suk not to my liking. More high rise soulless condos .... plenty of katoeys about if that rocks your boat. 

Soi 11 was much better. Restaurants very busy and both Hilary bars were open .... Cowboy was closed and as you say MBK also dead. Good news is it was much easier to get around ....

I'm staying on Soi 8 and it's got a lot of life on here now soi 11 opposite side of the road so I'll nip over tonight (was one of my fave soi's at one point) .

Used to love the hustle and bustle of the Skytrain , but even that's half dead too.

I'll make the most of it for now.

Cheers fellas.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Cleared off enough of my roof to reach my chimney, didn't even need cleaning after two solid months of the woodstove being in constant use - burns very clean if the temperature is -10C or lower which it has been:

roof-snow-jan--12.jpg

After finishing this I dug out my F150 which has been parked since the beginning of winter - bear in mind that our winter is only half over:

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

Beer time now, it's cheap draft night at my usual local...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Surprised 4

1 hour ago, maipenrai said:

Cleared off enough of my roof to reach my chimney, didn't even need cleaning after two solid months of the woodstove being in constant use - burns very clean if the temperature is -10C or lower which it has been:

roof-snow-jan--12.jpg

After finishing this I dug out my F150 which has been parked since the beginning of winter - bear in mind that our winter is only half over:

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

Beer time now, it's cheap draft night at my usual local...

Ever have problems with ice dams? Had a section of roof on my home in Wisconsin where it was a constant problem if I didn't keep it clear of snow buildup.

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Daffodils out here ..

Wonderful picture!

I was very lucky growing up in the countryside in the 50s/60s...Snowdrops, daffies, fox gloves, primroses, bluebells, cowslips, rhododendrons, blackberrying, conkering and the best of the lot chestnuts and hazelnuts!

When my second thai wife came to UK for a holiday she spotted loads of ripe blackberries and put her hand in to pick some until she screamed because she had put her arm into a bunch of stinging nettles... Fun times !!!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/12/2022 at 5:59 PM, roomark said:

I'm staying on Soi 8 and it's got a lot of life on here now soi 11 opposite side of the road so I'll nip over tonight (was one of my fave soi's at one point) .

Used to love the hustle and bustle of the Skytrain , but even that's half dead too.

I'll make the most of it for now.

Cheers fellas.  

Soi 8 was a good area that I found for my best comfort zone when in BKK (pre-covid). Lots of good places to eat and chill, everything you need. I liked the vibe of the area as well. Back then they also had quite a few street vendors for good eats. And, you can't beat the location for access to the BTS.

After being there (Bkk and Soi 8 ) for a while Soi 4 becomes an after thought. The Nana BTS station opens a good part of Bangkok for anyone. I used to get on at Nana station connect with the MRT at Asoke which I took to Lumpini Park (wonderful place). I'd get in a great walk with that.... the nice thing was when you are on the trains or walking through the stations you can still get your heartrate up but you are in A/C.... The MRT station lets out directly across from the park. Get a good walk in there, watch some of the lizard action, pick up some water and then head back to the hotel.

Makes for a great day.

• Great Info 1