What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

14 minutes ago, roomark said:

Made it to Patts booked myself in Centara Azure Soi 15 always meant to give it a go.

Got Sauna , Steam decent sized gym amd a real nice modern room on the 7th floor.

1300 baht with buffet breakfast.

Already feel better for leaving BKK , don't really care if its dead here tonight winding down now.

Looks great mate, enjoy.

33 minutes ago, roomark said:

Made it to Patts booked myself in Centara Azure Soi 15 always meant to give it a go.

Got Sauna , Steam decent sized gym amd a real nice modern room on the 7th floor.

1300 baht with buffet breakfast.

Already feel better for leaving BKK , don't really care if its dead here tonight winding down now.

What's the noise like on Soi 15 at the moment?  Been told they are digging it up towards walking street...

4 hours ago, Painter said:

What's the noise like on Soi 15 at the moment?  Been told they are digging it up towards walking street...

29 minutes ago, roomark said:

Soi 15 off Boukhao mate behind The Avenue ..

Fine as far as I know here.

There is construction  work on Soi 15 between Buakhaou and 2nd road but it is after the back of the Avenue going towards 2nd.

image.png

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, roomark said:

20220114_143824.jpg

20220114_143923.jpg

20220114_143849.jpg

That looks like Grand Ave. Residence on Soi 15 (behind the Avenue). I have been eyeing that place for short time stays in the future. From the reports and vids I have seen over the past year or so it looks pretty nice and is well situated.

I'd be interested in hearing any reports about while you are there. Specifically if they have an 2 bedroom units and how much they are asking (and what someone could bargain them down to).

I would think that in mid-Dec. or so when it looked like things were going to really open up many places began to firm up their rental rates and terms. But, now with OMicrown and who knows what's next costs may drop down again.

It would be interesting to learn what many of these places are actually accepting as opposed to their published rates. There has to be still a massive amount of unoccuppied rooms. At one time I had heard of people getting deals for 9000 baht/month - in The Base. Probably some very good deals to found around there and in Jomtien.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Ever have problems with ice dams? Had a section of roof on my home in Wisconsin where it was a constant problem if I didn't keep it clear of snow buildup.

Not at this time of year when it is  generally considerably below freezing; when it gets closer to spring I'll clear the rest of the roof off before the bottom layer of snow starts to melt and freeze daily. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Glasseye said:

That looks like Grand Ave. Residence on Soi 15 (behind the Avenue). I have been eyeing that place for short time stays in the future. From the reports and vids I have seen over the past year or so it looks pretty nice and is well situated.

I'd be interested in hearing any reports about while you are there. Specifically if they have an 2 bedroom units and how much they are asking (and what someone could bargain them down to).

I would think that in mid-Dec. or so when it looked like things were going to really open up many places began to firm up their rental rates and terms. But, now with OMicrown and who knows what's next costs may drop down again.

It would be interesting to learn what many of these places are actually accepting as opposed to their published rates. There has to be still a massive amount of unoccuppied rooms. At one time I had heard of people getting deals for 9000 baht/month - in The Base. Probably some very good deals to found around there and in Jomtien.

I'm in Centara Azure at the front , but some of the rooms at the back are condos. 

Would deffo stay here again , Will try and find out for you long term rental..

My price was actually less on Agoda than direct. 

I needed a 2nd room and told them at reception I would book with Agoda Direct so they matched Agoda though didn't advertise that in fact my Mrs called them from BKK in the morn and they asked 2300 per night got it for 1300 when I mentioned Agoda and breakfast

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, roomark said:

I'm in Centara Azure at the front , but some of the rooms at the back are condos. 

Would deffo stay here again , Will try and find out for you long term rental..

My price was actually less on Agoda than direct. 

I needed a 2nd room and told them at reception I would book with Agoda Direct so they matched Agoda though didn't advertise that in fact my Mrs called them from BKK in the morn and they asked 2300 per night got it for 1300 when I mentioned Agoda and breakfast

It's mental, I asked the manager here for a discounted price to stay an extra 3 weeks, she gave me her best price, I then booked through Booking.com for 6k less.

Makes no sense to me but TIT.

• Like 5

@roomark Hey buddy, thanks for the update on Patts. So sad huh? As always on occassion, I find myself re-living some of the fun times. With the few girls around, did you happen to see these darlings from the Simon Complex around LOL!  Feb 2015....seems like yesterday. Glad you had a good time in Phuket though. Overall Bangla etc, still had some nice talent to be had? I saw that one pic you posted, the gal with bigger biceps then most of us? Hee! 

DSCN9829.JPG

DSCN9839.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

@roomark Hey buddy, thanks for the update on Patts. So sad huh? As always on occassion, I find myself re-living some of the fun times. With the few girls around, did you happen to see these darlings from the Simon Complex around LOL!  Feb 2015....seems like yesterday. Glad you had a good time in Phuket though. Overall Bangla etc, still had some nice talent to be had? I saw that one pic you posted, the gal with bigger biceps then most of us? Hee! 

DSCN9829.JPG

DSCN9839.JPG

I think that complex area has been flattered,  hope the girls are ok.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, boydeste said:

It's mental, I asked the manager here for a discounted price to stay an extra 3 weeks, she gave me her best price, I then booked through Booking.com for 6k less.

Makes no sense to me but TIT.

Many of the "front desk" type people whether condo or hotel" are either too lazy or don't have the authority to bargain.

I think part of the problem is that they are the in-between for a condo owner in most cases. They don't want to take the time to contact them, wait, and then get back to you. They'd rather you just take what they offer or go back to playing their candy crush on the phone. *** there is also often the language issue which often makes them bashful... mostly I think it comes down to laziness.

The key is finding the actual owner of the unit or in some cases a good agent (they are out there, but not easy to find). Once you have found a good agent it is worth it's weight in gold.

Finding a good deal relative to the market can be done, but often takes time, even in a market that is as saturated with vacancies such as Patts.

I bet the macro $ losses on condo's that go unrented because the owner had a lazy agent or wasn't flexible on their terms is staggering (good or bad market). 

2 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Many of the "front desk" type people whether condo or hotel" are either too lazy or don't have the authority to bargain.

I think part of the problem is that they are the in-between for a condo owner in most cases. They don't want to take the time to contact them, wait, and then get back to you. They'd rather you just take what they offer or go back to playing their candy crush on the phone. *** there is also often the language issue which often makes them bashful... mostly I think it comes down to laziness.

The key is finding the actual owner of the unit or in some cases a good agent (they are out there, but not easy to find). Once you have found a good agent it is worth it's weight in gold.

Finding a good deal relative to the market can be done, but often takes time, even in a market that is as saturated with vacancies such as Patts.

I bet the macro $ losses on condo's that go unrented because the owner had a lazy agent or wasn't flexible on their terms is staggering (good or bad market). 

Think Boydeste is talking about a hotel 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yessongs said:

DSCN9829.JPG

DSCN9839.JPG

If you mean Soi Crocodile mate it's no longer on Bangla was flattened and has a new bar on it with a DJ in the middle and Saxophonist and everyone drinking bottles of spirits a bit like I Bar ..

Simon Complex is still at the bottom of the hill as you come into Patong from Karon , but not sure it's still open .

Nowhere near the amount of girls as the old days , but OTOP was OK, Xmas and New Year there were plenty everywhere..

I know someone who is using an app that is doing ok whenever he feels like it.. 

Seems to be the way forward now .

The few times that Thai Pan opened incognito it was full to the brim late on too.

As for the girl with the biceps 🤣 That was someone else's pic I think O only posted one of the girls on the catamaran at sunset from behind lol 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Think you are right the girl who checked us in here and matched the Agoda price was actually Russian and a looker too, easier to deal with than a lot of Thai staff. 😆

Edited by roomark