What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

20 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Same can be applied to hotels as well.

I've had the same at hotels in Thailand and Australia, the staff said they weren't allowed to price match , I'm sure they get asked many times.

I have even been staying at a hotel and tried to extend but reception said they were unfortunately full .. I showed them the booking site and confirmed my extension whilst standing at reception with my iPad  555

not sure if they have an arrangement with these sites to keep a certain % of their rooms available ? 

11 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I've had the same at hotels in Thailand and Australia, the staff said they weren't allowed to price match , I'm sure they get asked many times.

I have even been staying at a hotel and tried to extend but reception said they were unfortunately full .. I showed them the booking site and confirmed my extension whilst standing at reception with my iPad  555

not sure if they have an arrangement with these sites to keep a certain % of their rooms available ? 

Cluster f**k no matter how you look at it. Often, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. 

6 hours ago, Stillearly said:

I did exactly the same with a hotel in Ross on Wye, wanted to stay an extra night as I was so tired after the fishing and didn't fancy the 3 hour drive home. Reception told me fully booked, but so many rooms reserved for Booking.com. Two minutes later, all sorted.

OMG I shouldn't live so much of my life away from "modern" life ... I have just taken delivery of a new pair of walking shoes from Decathlon. I did a sole to sole comparison with my existing shoes, did a physical check for quality then grabbed a pair of scissors to separate them so that I could try them on properly....

- bit of plastic cable keeping the size label on ...SNIP

- bit of plastic cable keeping the shoes together ....SNIP

- bit of plastic cable for not quite sure what .....SNI.....wait ... WTF is this..no laces?? They have these weird lace lock thingies ..and I came within an instant of cutting them off !!!

• Haha 2

Nothing as we are all locked in the house!!!!..... 🤣

The lock has broken on the front door and won't unlock, been trying to get hold of the landlord to get an emergency locksmiths but no luck so far. Don't worry me as I don't need to go out anywhere in a hurry so any time today is fine. 

Good excuse to stay indoors in the warm. 🤣

• Sad 1
  • Surprised 1

19 minutes ago, galenkia said:

The lock has broken on the front door and won't unlock, been trying to get hold of the landlord to get an emergency locksmiths but no luck so far. Don't worry me as I don't need to go out anywhere in a hurry so any time today is fine. 

Outrage- free the Shepherd's Bush one!

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Time to practise your lock picking skills?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Something to help you pass the time.

https://www.youtube.com/c/lockpickinglawyer/videos

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Painter said:

Time to practise your lock picking skills?

Tried to take it apart, but under the handle surround was just a sealed unit. Think it will actually need an experienced lock picker. As long as as its open for work Monday I ain't in no rush to get out. 

If I was still a raving alchy I would have had my angle grinder on it to get down the offiie. 🤣

At least I got to just catch up on last Sunday episode of Vera!. 

47 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Tried to take it apart, but under the handle surround was just a sealed unit. Think it will actually need an experienced lock picker. As long as as its open for work Monday I ain't in no rush to get out. 

If I was still a raving alchy I would have had my angle grinder on it to get down the offiie. 🤣

At least I got to just catch up on last Sunday episode of Vera!. 

It's likely he will just drill through the barrel if it's a conventional lock system.

Hope you get released soon.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, galenkia said:

Wow, good to see you are taking that well. I'd be chewing some serious ass if that was my crib.

In fact, I'd say you have every right to call any locksmith you care to and have them bill the landlord. Straight up. That is a big time safety issue bro.

1 minute ago, Glasseye said:

Wow, good to see you are taking that well. I'd be chewing some serious ass if that was my crib.

In fact, I'd say you have every right to call any locksmith you care to and have them bill the landlord. Straight up. That is a big time safety issue bro.

The landlord is usually pretty good about getting stuff sorted out quickly,he got a locksmith round as soon as the guy was available early afternoon.

Door needs a new lock, it's come apart inside. Said he will be back Tuesday to fit one. At least we can get in and out 😂

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, galenkia said:

The landlord is usually pretty good about getting stuff sorted out quickly,he got a locksmith round as soon as the guy was available early afternoon.

Door needs a new lock, it's come apart inside. Said he will be back Tuesday to fit one. At least we can get in and out 😂

That's a relief !

Just had lunch with my Dad , he knee is much better and drove his car yesterday 🙂 so for the first time since the beginning of December I don't need to visit daily to deliver shopping and help out .. also means I am happy to plan another holiday ...

I'm still not sure if it will be Thailand, but I'm going to go somewhere around the end of Feb ✈️☀️🏖

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3