What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

5 hours ago, Painter said:

Bugger..... just remembered I didn't unplug my USB charger at home. Not a problem in itself, except I should have put it in my suitcase....

There isn't much choice here.... that's a £20 mistake....

Hotels in Pattaya are littered with mine

• Haha 3

On 1/14/2022 at 10:17 PM, Stillearly said:

I've had the same at hotels in Thailand and Australia, the staff said they weren't allowed to price match , I'm sure they get asked many times.

I had a typical Thai experience in a hotel yesterday.  It's one I've used frequently recently and usually book through Agoda.  When I checked in yesterday I was chatting to the manageress and asked if I would be better booking direct.  She offered me a price higher than Agoda, and it was only after I said I'd just stick with what I'd been doing did she come down to below Agoda's rate.  Regular reception staff would not be allowed to do this I'm sure.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

7 hours ago, KWA said:

I had a typical Thai experience in a hotel yesterday.  It's one I've used frequently recently and usually book through Agoda.  When I checked in yesterday I was chatting to the manageress and asked if I would be better booking direct.  She offered me a price higher than Agoda, and it was only after I said I'd just stick with what I'd been doing did she come down to below Agoda's rate.  Regular reception staff would not be allowed to do this I'm sure.

In my current hotel, the manager couldn't get any where near the Booking.com price, but it is a big chain, so that may make a difference. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

Another big dump of snow to clear up but at least it's warm at -7C...

We just had our first big snow storm of the year here in the Southeast. The place goes bonkers even with just a couple of inches, governors calling for "state of emergencies", etc.    lol

One day later it's all melted off, with clear skies.

**** I was talking with a friend of mine the other day who lives near me down here in NC. He is from Detroit and I am from Chicago. We were laughing at how this place goes into panic mode whenever some snow comes through. Ha, back when we were kids 6" snows were a walk in the park.

12 hours ago, Stillearly said:

What time is closing at the moment , I know officially 21:00 , but ..

9pm is being stuck to both here and in Rawai. The police in both places rock up to ensure it happens, usually around 915pm. 

They drive a convoy down Bangla of a car, several bikes and on foot. Even the little side bars near my hotel get a visit.

20220118_113411.jpg

20220118_113432.jpg

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

Being a daytime drinker a 9pm closure wouldn't worry me. What time is opening?

Some of the bars are opening at 9am lol, too early for me to be drinking, but I have been going to the bars after walking the beach at around 4pm and drinking until 9pm. It's 2345 now and I am off to sleep. Goodnight. 

• Thumbs Up 4

9 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

Being a daytime drinker a 9pm closure wouldn't worry me. What time is opening?

Both bars opposite Buakhao market were open at 8am yesterday. About 10 days ago I had asked in Buttsy's (no idea what it is called now since the painted face slag moved on) and she said they started selling beer at 8am.

Unfortunately Proms doesn't seem to start selling until 11am.

No idea what the requirements are to enter though...

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, boydeste said:

9pm is being stuck to both here and in Rawai. The police in both places rock up to ensure it happens, usually around 915pm. 

They drive a convoy down Bangla of a car, several bikes and on foot. Even the little side bars near my hotel get a visit.

20220118_113411.jpg

20220118_113432.jpg

Is that you in the middle of the street starring at that girls booty ?     lol

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Both bars opposite Buakhao market were open at 8am yesterday. About 10 days ago I had asked in Buttsy's (no idea what it is called now since the painted face slag moved on) and she said they started selling beer at 8am.

Unfortunately Proms doesn't seem to start selling until 11am.

No idea what the requirements are to enter though...

Prom is still requiring an official test to enter. Haven't been there since they started enforcing the requirement. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1