What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

1 hour ago, thegrogmonster said:

It’s 4am and I have set up traffic cones in a railway station carpark so we can get a crane in this morning to install extra antennas on our 30m radio tower.

C167ED8F-8611-4433-8D33-BEA785671896.jpeg

Well done mate! I'd hate to think how many countries I've done that in, either swaps or new installations!

Also very sad memories of cleaning up the mess after a friend was shot off a tower back in '89. My last full year in the Army. What a fucking year that was..!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 3

29 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

Not for this.

Birds have chewed all the insulation off the feeder cables and damaged one antenna. All being replaced over 2 days.

Had the same thing quite often in Malaysia with monkeys chewing through cables! Bugger to replace them until the families of monkeys had been scared away!

There were a few times when snakes had set up home in some of the older cabins too...!!

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Off to see Toyah this evening a couple of miles up the road in Wokingham. She's playing a small intimate gig at a school hall. Was originally booked for last February. Wonder if it will be like this...... 

Both of them look great...not sure about the guy though

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Toyah was superb tonight, really enjoyed it. Part electronic, part acoustic, with a great selection of new and old songs. Nice small venue, about 200 people , mostly 50's and 60's age group, didn't see any one under 40 🤣.

Thought some of the new stuff was really good, like this off her latest album from last year.

IMG_20220121_201234.jpg

IMG_20220121_194352.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Toyah was superb tonight, really enjoyed it. Part electronic, part acoustic, with a great selection of new and old songs. Nice small venue, about 200 people , mostly 50's and 60's age group, didn't see any one under 40 🤣.

Thought some of the new stuff was really good, like this off her latest album from last year.

IMG_20220121_201234.jpg

IMG_20220121_194352.jpg

Jaysus, hope she’s doing it because wants to rather than because she is skint at that age 🤞

I'm printing off my son's Maths and geography homework that he needs to do today, during isolation.

Hopefully this is the last time I have to do it, as he had his first negative LF test this morning and if he tests negative tomorrow then he'll be going to school.  :default_es0cw:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Went on a hike yesterday on this trail up in a city called "Los Gatos" the trail ends, you end up in this "high end" area where all the rich people live. Then you go down about a mile, pick up the trail again, then end up back down where the people like I live LOL! All good..

IMG_7913.JPG

IMG_7915 (1).jpg

IMG_7931 (1).jpg

• Like 6

Came back from LOS last Sunday all 4 of us positive for Covid on arrival (home test and PCR)

Have all tested negative on 5th and 6th day so back to work tomorrow for the first time .

Not one of us had any signs or illness from it either. 

First time I've had it too .

• Like 2
  • Surprised 5

16 minutes ago, roomark said:

Came back from LOS last Sunday all 4 of us positive for Covid on arrival (home test and PCR)

Have all tested negative on 5th and 6th day so back to work tomorrow for the first time .

Not one of us had any signs or illness from it either. 

First time I've had it too .

Did you need to get checked before you flew as well ?