What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

3 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I am approaching an annual period of angst with my PO Box renewal..

It ends 31st January but they like it to be paid immediately ... so with the obvious Thai panache for  inefficiency they have yet to put the bill in my box ...and NO! I can NOT just go to the counter and pay without having a piece of paper in my hand even though it bloody well has the information on the bloody computer!

So it is a 2 hour walk for me everyday now until the bill appears and I can pay!

Do you mind if I ask why do you keep a PO Box in Thailand ? I imagine it's easier than changing address if you move around frequently, but is there a safety issue as well ? Cheers 

12 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Do you mind if I ask why do you keep a PO Box in Thailand ? I imagine it's easier than changing address if you move around frequently, but is there a safety issue as well ? Cheers 

It just became easier to have a central postal address rather than a "permanent" residential address. I lived "in the village" for 16 years and it was by far the safest way of guaranteeing mail. When I moved back here about 10 years ago I moved into an area difficult to find ( I am being purposely vague on that subject) so it seemed a good idea to continue the habit.

Out in a small provincial post office - 300 baht a year

Pattaya - 500 baht a year.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

It just became easier to have a central postal address rather than a "permanent" residential address. I lived "in the village" for 16 years and it was by far the safest way of guaranteeing mail. When I moved back here about 10 years ago I moved into an area difficult to find ( I am being purposely vague on that subject) so it seemed a good idea to continue the habit.

Out in a small provincial post office - 300 baht a year

Pattaya - 500 baht a year.

As long as the sexy lady can bring you tripple cooked chips, all is well methinks. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Home after a good days fishing.  Sangsom and coke poured and a good movie on the box. 

A couple of hours ago I was chatting to my mate. It was only a brief chat because his misses is angry with me because we have been pissed every night this week on my ginger and strawberry brew. (soft, sweet with a tingle on the tongue, no bouquet but refreshing to guzzle). We were discussing when he was gonna cut down his latest "dogmai gruay" the flower that grows under a bunch of bananas. I bloody love it fried as a taut man bpi...but I digress.

We had a brilliant idea to syphon my next batch of red wine into Sangsom bottles to give it more depth... All I need now is some empty bottles of the stuff....Hey hoe more jobs to do next week then!!!

• Haha 3

My mum was discharged from hospital yesterday afternoon,stayed with us last night & we took her home today.

She was given two different documents about her meds & when to take them & they're different.When I rang her ward today a nurse said the discharge notes were the ones to go by.Then why the f**k did they give her 'A guide to your medicines' which was wrong?....Watford General Hospital killed my dad 20 years ago & although it looks like they've improved the hygiene it's still an organisational mess.

• Sad 3