What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

23 minutes ago, bob lt said:

I missed Girlschool when they played the Lido, Isle of Man TT week, saw Motorhead the following year though.

Meant to have seen them in Camden Underworld in December but it was postponed due to one of the band failing the COVID tests. Waiting for the new date to be announced.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

We had a brilliant idea to syphon my next batch of red wine into Sangsom bottles to give it more depth... All I need now is some empty bottles of the stuff....Hey hoe more jobs to do next week then!!!

I once saw a video which had a bit about a roadside stall in Thailand selling Siamese Fighting Fish. The fish were on display similar to this but in Sangsom bottles, the small ones.

image.png

Dunno what you'd do with all the fish though.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, fygjam said:

I once saw a video which had a bit about a roadside stall in Thailand selling Siamese Fighting Fish. The fish were on display similar to this but in Sangsom bottles, the small ones.

image.png

Dunno what you'd do with all the fish though.

Mmmmmmm fishy red wine!!

Now I wonder how many of you are thinking what I'm thinking ......

24 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Mmmmmmm fishy red wine!!

Now I wonder how many of you are thinking what I'm thinking ......

Many years ago, in fact so long ago even the internet has forgotten it, a politician (or other dignitary) made a comment about "the wine would kill a brown dog". That prompted a newspaper of the day to solicit reader nominations for their "Brown Dog's Guide To Wine". That also appears to have been lost to the ravages of time however I do remember one nomination, "Sip n Go Streaking" (shows how long ago it was, streaking was still in its infancy).

I suggest you direct your energies in that direction.

• Haha 1

Feeling well lazy tonight.  After my company left today, I had a good feed and walked 5k on the beach in todays blistering heat. The plan was to shower and go back out for a few beers. 

The reality is I laid on the bed and am still here. Lol

It's 830pm and I can't be bothered to go out. Just as well I have a few beers in the fridge. 

Must be my age catching up with me.

• Like 2

@galenkia Dam Alan, great concert it looks like...glad you had a killer time....Uriah Heep????? 

Good lord....saw them in 1977....Magicians Birthday? There are some good things about getting older....one is that you can prove to everyone that you do NOT have Dementia yet.......you'll be here one day too LOL! \

My Son went and saw this band "Ghost" last Tues night.....I can hear my ex- wife now " My god why does he go see bands like this"?  Shut the f**k up LOL! 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Yessongs said:

@galenkia Dam Alan, great concert it looks like...glad you had a killer time....Uriah Heep????? 

Good lord....saw them in 1977....Magicians Birthday? There are some good things about getting older....one is that you can prove to everyone that you do NOT have Dementia yet.......you'll be here one day too LOL! \

My Son went and saw this band "Ghost" last Tues night.....I can hear my ex- wife now " My god why does he go see bands like this"?  Shut the f**k up LOL! 

Good band Ghost Mike, got their last album. Think the new one is due out soon. Yeah, great night last night, next gig is Angels and Airwaves in the middle of March. 

You have any other gig's coming up?. 

3 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Dig it. Great !  Those guys must be in their 90's....

Only original one is guitarist Mick Box, and he's about 75 or so. They have been going 52 years now and still making great music. Their last album was really good. 

Went out after my 2nd negative covid test, Wife has already her 10 days up.

We went down to the City Farm, animals and tree huts. 

Brick Lane, the Spitalfields market.

Went and used a Groupon at a Greek place, was very nice, cheap with the Groupon.

20220130_181158.jpg

20220130_130741.jpg

20220130_174859.jpg

20220130_153233.jpg

20220130_165228.jpg

20220130_144212.jpg

20220130_130745.jpg

20220130_172249.jpg

20220130_132940.jpg

20220130_171217.jpg

Edited by Krapow
  • Like 7

22 hours ago, galenkia said:

Good band Ghost Mike, got their last album. Think the new one is due out soon. Yeah, great night last night, next gig is Angels and Airwaves in the middle of March. 

You have any other gig's coming up?. 

Going to see Steve Hackett May 15th..... I might do a "bong hit" too! Don't tell wifey, she is not invited to this one...boys night out...Hee Hee! 

That "sustain" he gets on that Fernandes Guitar is second to none...I gotta see it live. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just had a call from my mum's GP....she was discharged last Friday & her GP still doesn't have a copy of her discharge document....I thought it was all on computer now?....So tomorrow I have to go to my mum's & take her discharge letter to her surgery & give them one copy & take another to her pharmacy.

My mum has great difficulty understanding her meds & when to take them so the GP is going to refer her to social services & put urgent on it,I ain't holding my breath.

Hopefully the pharmacy can put her meds into dossette boxes....eventually.

I wish to withdraw all the fucking clapping I did for the NHS during the lockdowns,they may have done well then but they're still a fucking shambles.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Just had a call from my mum's GP....she was discharged last Friday & her GP still doesn't have a copy of her discharge document....I thought it was all on computer now?....So tomorrow I have to go to my mum's & take her discharge letter to her surgery & give them one copy & take another to her pharmacy.

My mum has great difficulty understanding her meds & when to take them so the GP is going to refer her to social services & put urgent on it,I ain't holding my breath.

Hopefully the pharmacy can put her meds into dossette boxes....eventually.

I wish to withdraw all the fucking clapping I did for the NHS during the lockdowns,they may have done well then but they're still a fucking shambles.

Yes, the Surgery should also get an emailed copy or, rather an email detailing the information.

Pretty poor show that the GP has not yet had the relevant information passed on. From what I understand it should be done within 24 hours, even at weekends.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/31/2022 at 11:35 AM, Yessongs said:

Going to see Steve Hackett May 15th..... I might do a "bong hit" too! Don't tell wifey, she is not invited to this one...boys night out...Hee Hee! 

That "sustain" he gets on that Fernandes Guitar is second to none...I gotta see it live. 

Great guitarist. I still have one of his albums buried away somewhere. My brother gave it to me as a gift, as he knew I loved Genesis. 

The stuff they have now is probably 10 times what they had "back the day". If I did a bong hit I'd probably be sent to the hospital.    555555 !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1